Excited to See Randall step up!

H

HardRightEdge

You really expect Adams third season to be more like his second season than his rookie season?
I guess I just look at player development differently than you, HRE and a few others here.
Don't put me in that camp. I've mentioned several times that Adams should be cut some slack for playing through injuries last season.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't put me in that camp. I've mentioned several times that Adams should be cut some slack for playing through injuries last season.
Didn't mean that specifically about Adams. I've noticed about posts of your in the past that you seem to think that young players are going to be the same as they were the previous season.

D

Deleted member 6794

Adams didn't show me he even belonged in the NFL last season. And IMO his rookie season wasn't all that either, even moreso when you consider he had the advantage of defense's concerns being %95 on Nelson and Cobb.

It´s true that Adams benefited from the defense shifting their coverage towards Nelson and Cobb during his rookie season. I don´t expect him to ever turn into a bonafide #1 receiver but am optimistic that he will become a decent #3 WR.

To me, the most disappointing aspects of Rodgers play are 1) his blocking and 2) his inability to break tackles. I think he's fairly athletic for his size except for speed, which is a big "except".

The biggest problem with Rodgers is his inability to stretch a defense.

Anyone else a little nervous by his off field behavior?

Not at all.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not at all.
The weed story made him look stupid and pretty damn lucky, in my opinion, and his snapchats are just him partying all the time. But then again, Gronk parties all the time too, and everyone loves him.

If he shows up to camp and works his *** off like a pro, I have no problems.

D

Deleted member 6794

The weed story made him look stupid and pretty damn lucky, in my opinion, and his snapchats are just him partying all the time. But then again, Gronk parties all the time too, and everyone loves him.

I agree that it was at least unfortunate that Randall was the driver when Jalen Strong was arrested. I´m not aware of him partying all the time as I don´t follow him on any social media platforms.

H

HardRightEdge

Didn't mean that specifically about Adams. I've noticed about posts of your in the past that you seem to think that young players are going to be the same as they were the previous season.
It depends on the player and the circumstances.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It´s true that Adams benefited from the defense shifting their coverage towards Nelson and Cobb during his rookie season. I don´t expect him to ever turn into a bonafide #1 receiver but am optimistic that he will become a decent #3 WR.

The biggest problem with Rodgers is his inability to stretch a defense.

Not at all.

I would think it to be an at least a reasonable expectation for a 2nd rd pick to become something more than a decent #3 WR.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would think it to be an at least a reasonable expectation for a 2nd rd pick to become something more than a decent #3 WR.

Well, that would make him a decent starter in the Packers offense. I would like him to turn into an elite receiver as well but unfortunately don´t see that happening.

H

HardRightEdge

Half or more of the guys in the league are involved in one form of nonsense or the other. Some are stupid enough to set themselves up to be caught.

Let's see: 1) black men 2) driving through Scottsdale 3) at midnight 4) in a Maserati 5) with no visible plates 6) while smoking dope.

That's nearly a complete menu of stupidity, with 1) - 5) simply begging to get pulled over; the only thing missing is he was not speeding from what I can tell.

Some guys get caught once and have the wake-up call. They figure out that just having the world by the balls and pockets stuffed with money is not a ticket to invincibility. Some guys don't have the revelation.

The first instance can be chalked up to youthful knuckleheadedness. The second instance would be a cause for concern.

Staff online

Latest posts