Cheesehead
Reaction score
{Post No. 300}

On PackersNews.com, I can sign in and read up on Julie Riebe's Weblog --
Here's a post from last week!

Thursday, January 13, 2005
Posted 9:46 AM

Even Favre's mom doesn't know if QB will be back
A report on www.wlox.com, the Web site for Biloxi-Gulfport-Pascagoula, Miss., TV station WLOX-TV, quotes Bonita Favre, the mother of Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre, as saying she's not sure whether Brett will be back next season. Says the story: "She says (Brett) is struggling to make a wise decision between family - which includes his wife battling breast cancer - and football... 'I just tell him to follow his heart. He's the one who has to live with whatever decision he makes. You know I'd love to see him play until he's 50. He's so exciting and fun to watch, even as a mother, but then I can also look at the problems that are nagging him and I'm real proud that he has turned out to be such a good family man'."

The actual story on the wlox.com web site is gone.. but I'll keep searching..

ldlehrer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever decision Brett Favre makes is fine with me. He earned his NFL Hall of Fame honors. I know he will have to wait 5 years, but he will be a first ballot in Hall of Famer.

I do pray his wife survives the cancer treatment. His family has experienced enough hardship.

If it was my decision Brett Favre would be playing QB for the Packers in 2005. He is a gunslinger, that is so exciting to watch. I hope he does not want to end his NFL career with that last Wildcard game.

Family is so important though. Whatever decision Brett Favre makes he has earned a place in every Packers fan heart.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice - so we can then discount your 185... right, slick?
RYAN runs the Show... so it's the way he's set it up....

One thing's certain - even as an infant amongst Forum Boards - this one's turning out to be pretty special!
And that, ain't hay... some boards hardly get any one stopping by...
Or, their posting is mundane, or droll.... not so here - and it speaks volumes for the Members....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Nice - so we can then discount your 185... right, slick?
RYAN runs the Show... so it's the way he's set it up....

LoL, discount on the basis that I post nothing but articles? Please, I have FARRRR to many opinions for that to hold water, know what you speak of next time. I had no intention of making you turn into a huge ******* so relax. Thank you.

Another thing, James Atkinson gets the credit for how the posts are tallied, not Ryan. Err RYAN as you like to say.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey if it's info about the Pack, post it. As long as we are posting the source so no one gets mad at us! As for the post count, hell I could care less how you get them, I can even just turn them off, some people like to see them though.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear ya RYAN - my only curiosity was what name tag went with the number of posts you put up on the board.... no big deal to me - apparently it ruffles the feathers of at least one other... You run it whichever way you like - I'll just keep posting when I have time.

And, the only person I know about with this Board ..is RYAN.
If anyone else is helping out, that's great... but dissin' someone when the info's not out there on the main board like a neon sign announcing it is ....well.....

Like yourself, RYAN, I have to worry about designing our Club's new site as well. So, I'll probably get with ya on the side with that - we'd like to have a small (basic) message board like all of the other Packer Clubs are using... and I certainly have my share of studying to do... I'm not taking any classes, just reading the HELP files...

Hang in there, Slick - No one's out trying to "outdo" anyone... :-?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
I hear ya RYAN - my only curiosity was what name tag went with the number of posts you put up on the board.... no big deal to me - apparently it ruffles the feathers of at least one other... You run it whichever way you like - I'll just keep posting when I have time.

My feathers are just fine, I merely made a joke in which your arrogance could not handle.

IPBprez said:
And, the only person I know about with this Board ..is RYAN.
If anyone else is helping out, that's great... but dissin' someone when the info's not out there on the main board like a neon sign announcing it is ....well.....

Is what? Afraid to say something that would pull your lips off RYAN's ****?

IPBprez said:
Like yourself, RYAN, I have to worry about designing our Club's new site as well. So, I'll probably get with ya on the side with that - we'd like to have a small (basic) message board like all of the other Packer Clubs are using... and I certainly have my share of studying to do... I'm not taking any classes, just reading the HELP files...

I've had lots of experience with message boards and if you are looking for suggestions, phpBB2, InvisionBoard and/or vBulletin.

Here are some examples I've set up for potential clients.
phpBB2 - Thats this site :)
InvisionBoard - http://d2aclan.com/aslick/forumIPB/
vBulletin - http://d2aclan.com/aslick/forumVB/

Few other options with more versatility
CPG Nuke - http://d2aclan.com/aslick/cpg/
e107 - http://d2aclan.com/aslick/e107/news.php
php Nuke - http://d2aclan.com/

IPBprez said:
Hang in there, Slick - No one's out trying to "outdo" anyone... :-?

Hang in where? Why would you say that?

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
{Post No. 228}

Heck all this fighting over someone giving us a lot of info. Wow. :lol: I inserted the smiley in there so no one would get offended. And to think when my post count changed the other day I nearly re-registered because now I am know as the "defensive coach" does anyone really want to be know as that around the Packer organization. But really I think the post count is pretty cool, I just have to get another "promotion" to get out of this role.

Later
Leopardmech

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Yea its useless. We all come here to post information and to discuss and yet someone's getting their ******* in a bunchiez. It'll blow over though, always does.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Little fighting in the family. That no fun guys, maybe a nice group hug?... dont want our crew of good posters (whether is it opinions or links to articles) to turn on each other. I want this place to be a colaboration of information be it external or user's opinions so anything Packer related and on topic is good with me!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts