ESPNs top 10 owners

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clayton didn't even rank the Packers. He is becoming the face of why I hate ESPN.
We are number 3 on the list.
Of course it should be #1 because of the fans.
There is no doubt, no question of the loyalty of the Packer's owners. You cannot get more team loyalty than to have the fans be the owner of the team.

Is every owner of every NFL team a real fan of the team they own BEFORE they bought it?
Or did they just buy the cheapest one they could get or snatch it up because it was available and just see an investment to be made?
And there is a difference between being an actual fan of the team vs seeing them win because they will generate more revenue.
So, the individual owners of teams suck and pale in comparison to Packers owners being the fans.
Hey, this is Disney corporate owned ESPN so it really is no surprise that they came up with rich white individuals as their favorite football owners.
They are just supporting their cronies with this article. That's all.

"One gets the impression that if Clayton were to slot all 32 ownerships, he would jot the Packers last.

"I couldn't vote for the Packers because it is a community ownership, not a normal ownership," Clayton said. "It's not as though one owner makes the decisions and has to stand up for the praise or criticism. Assigned the chance to vote for ownership, I felt more comfortable voting for individual owners or family owners."

In other words: I wanna keep my job here at ESPN so I'd better kiss Mickey Mouse's ***.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
So, the individual owners of teams suck and pale in comparison to Packers owners being the fans.
Hey, this is Disney corporate owned ESPN so it really is no surprise that they came up with rich white individuals as their favorite football owners.
They are just supporting their cronies with this article. That's all.

"One gets the impression that if Clayton were to slot all 32 ownerships, he would jot the Packers last.

"I couldn't vote for the Packers because it is a community ownership, not a normal ownership," Clayton said. "It's not as though one owner makes the decisions and has to stand up for the praise or criticism. Assigned the chance to vote for ownership, I felt more comfortable voting for individual owners or family owners."

In other words: I wanna keep my job here at ESPN so I'd better kiss Mickey Mouse's ***.

I think Clayton just wanted to make his point come across that the Packer's shouldn't count. Though at the same time when the Bear's owner is listed as McCaskeys, without a mention of Virginia or family; you may have a valid point Forget Favre.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I have no issues with the Packers not being on that type of list...They technically do not have an owner..I dont think Clayton did/said anything wrong

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
In another list of the future top teams in the league (2014-2017), Clayton voted on the Bills.

Clayton's job is to be the class clown and entertain us with his tomfooleries

If he had made the list in 1991, would he have put Green Bay on it? Nobody would have. SF would have been there and 1995-98 they were good not great anymore. Predicting five years out is a bad bet in the NFL.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he had made the list in 1991, would he have put Green Bay on it? Nobody would have. SF would have been there and 1995-98 they were good not great anymore. Predicting five years out is a bad bet in the NFL.
Did you read the article? Did you see the reasoning?

He said the reason is because the Bills will suck so bad this year they'll get Luck, and Luck will make so much difference that they'll be NFL's best team by 2014.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Clayton didn't even rank the Packers. He is becoming the face of why I hate ESPN.

He didn't rank us because we don't have a traditional ownership, and this was a ranking of According to Hoyle owners. I understand why he didn't rank them. Clearly we have the best and most unique ownership in not just the NFL but all of professional sports.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant believe the evil boss from the simpsons owns an NFL team. OR is he the guy from the tales of the crypt?

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love that Al Davis obstained from the owners' vote on the CBA. He also obstains from owning a winning football team. The guy is a joke.

Davis has always been more of a player's owner than anything else. He's never cared what the other owners felt about him. He didn't agree with the owners proposal so he abstained.

Hardly makes him a joke.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davis has always been more of a player's owner than anything else. He's never cared what the other owners felt about him. He didn't agree with the owners proposal so he abstained.

Hardly makes him a joke.

Al Davis is one of the few that built his fortune through football. His legacy is huge, from an assistant at USC to running a dominate football team for several decades. Never played by anyones rules.

I shouldnt pile on him, because while he has made mistakes you know he only cares about winning, unlike several owners in the NFL.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Al Davis is one of the few that built his fortune through football. His legacy is huge, from an assistant at USC to running a dominate football team for several decades. Never played by anyones rules.

I shouldnt pile on him, because while he has made mistakes you know he only cares about winning, unlike several owners in the NFL.

Everything you have said is 100% true. Can't argue with any of it. He has gotten a bit ridiculous in the last couple years though.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Al Davis' legacy is unparalleled with the other owners. The Rooneys and especially the Maras have a close legacy regarding contributions to football, but Davis' still rivalries them. Without him, there's no modern football.

That being said, he should've quit 10 years ago. Everything he has done the last 10 or so years is embarassing to the Raiders and to himself.

Members online

Latest posts