1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

ESPN rports Favre will be back

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by mattresell, Mar 10, 2005.

1. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    John Clayton said that a Packer coach has confirmed that Favre will be back for at least one more season. I've been telling yall this all along. Hopefully some of you can get a good nights sleep now.

2. Cheezy

Cheezy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes i saw this on packers.com. They are reporting that Brett is coming back:

Coach Mike Sherman told The AP on Thursday that he had a two-hour conversation with his quarterback on Wednesday night in which Favre informed him his wife is doing well in her cancer treatment, so he's planning to play at least one more season, maybe more if his own health holds up.

3. NCPackerfan

NCPackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    For those who can't read JSonline...

5. fondypackfan

fondypackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Great news for the Pack!

6. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    :towel: :D :joy: :D :bang: :D :chest: :D

7. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Favre returning to Packers for '05 season http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/GB/8275885

He topped 4,000 yards passing last season and recorded his eighth 30-touchdown season, twice as many as any other quarterback in NFL history, and the Packers set franchise records for total offense and net passing yards in 2004.

Gotta love that stat for all those who say Brett is not worth being on a roster.

8. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Now, it is time to go record hunting again.

9. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I think it'd be excellent for him to jus kick *** on all those records

10. Rhino58

Rhino58 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    YAY YAY YAY!

11. ohiopacker

ohiopacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Favre

Whew , now i can sleep at night . :beer: :joy: :pals: :mrgreen: :chest:

GO PACK

12. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone else been in a great mood since the news?:mrgreen:

13. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I had to keep mum about it for about a week - my connections with running the IPB Club had me in the loop for a llittle while ahead of the mainstream press (and you blokes...sorry 'bout that)... There are times, I gots to keep silent and it's for good cause...

In all the time I've been watching Brett Favre - I never saw him lay down and quit. As you read Deanna's comment as related by Mike Sherman in that article... You get the idea she doesn't want him to start...either! I'm just glad she's regaining her health - that's his rock, his island away from the glitz & glamour... Something a man can hold on to...!

I posted one of my fav pics on our Homepage - you guys might want to click over there just to remind yourselves... heheh!

Now, Are you guys ready for some Packer Football?

14. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4

shame on you...

15. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    This is GREAT!! Now I am going to get my tickets for a game for sure! I hope that he does stick around for a couple more years like he said he might. :joy: :joy: :joy: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :beer: :beer: :pals: :pals: :towel: :towel: :stpat:
    The Vikings fans are not so happy I bet!

16. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Sorry AG - sometimes, its just got to be that way....

Last year - before the Training Camp and into just before pre-season, I got wind of a trade that was a "possible" when it came to bringing Tim Couch to the Pack. In that trade, before Cleveland got all stingy... that is.... Word was, that the Packers would be trading our FS in exchange for the Couch-trip Timmy. We would also be getting something else, but now I can't remember what it was supposed to be....

Well, shortly before they were going to do the deed... Cleveland backs out..
    No reason or rhyme... just did it... and then we all saw what was happening later on...
    What do I think it was? I think it was that Cleveland found out from the Doc... about Tim's medical issue - which kept him from performng like we had seen previously in Cleveland, while their other QB was on the Injury list.... Problem was.. the Packers had no one to feret out that news.. no spies that were worth a damn and therefore we got swindled by our own stupidity.. (nice one, Mikey - DOH!)

On this little tidbit - again - I had to keep silent, until afterwards..
    I get to hear all sorts of stuff.... but I don't rat out the info til it's safe and that protects the Players just as much if not more than anything else.... trust me!

Quick Edit -- Yes, I'm talking about one Darren Sharper!

17. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    So Prez, what do you see in your crystal ball for the draft? And in FA's signings? Can you give us any hints? We will keep it between us... :pray: :stpat: :wink:

18. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4

well, you actually did allude to it a few days ago if i recall right...and i called it earlier because of my inside information.

yes, yes, my brother dated favre's roommate's ex-wife and she shops at the same store as Brett's uncle's dermatologist. I also have the inside track...

19. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm confused as to how you get this inside info. What does IPB stand for?

20. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Pray for health and good fortune for the Favre family. Lord knows they've had their share of bad. If they're healthy and Brett is having fun playing and winning,perhaps a shot at the SB,I think Brett play. Let's hope that lasts a while yet. :beersign: :beer: :pals: :towel: :cheerleader:

21. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    You gotta love this guys sense of humor. What a knee slapper. :p

22. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4

hahahaha...

23. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    You two could at least buy beers for the rest of us while at this.....

Just to be a little more clear here.. (AG-your connections is under the radar)
    My connections have to do with people who assist with the Players and their Charity Foundations. And in being a part of that - I hear about injuries that the Press is not supposed to report, etc. A somewhat different angle than what AG has to be sure - but just the same - being involved as I am - does get some good info on the side and makes the whole process of running a huge Packer club like I do... all the more entertaining.

When Sharper went down to Houston ahead of that game with the Packers there.... I got a call and helped coordinate the Cheddarheads of Houston discussing how he could be part of a Santana Dotson Foundation (down there) Charity Fundraiser - setup a gig to bring in some charity money and Darren was a great guy to help out. There's pics and everything on their web site.... (in fact here's the links to all of the other fully functioning Clubs that we know of so far)

http://groups.msn.com/INDYPACKERBACKERS ... clubs.msnw

Check 'em out guys -- You'd be surprised at how well we keep the faith!

24. ldlehrer

ldlehrer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Vikings have an excellent QB in Culpepper. The Vikings did beat us in the playoffs last year. The Vikings are working hard to improve their defense. I love the rivalry, but presently the Vikings are making more positive off season moves than the Packers are. The best off season moves the Packers have made is getting a new defensive coordinator and a GM. The salary cap has hurt the Packers ability to keep some top quality talent.

Fortunately the Packers are able to keep Brett Favre. I must admit the Vikings would have preferred if Brett Favre retired. Most of the NFL must admit that Brett Favre is very good for the entire NFL.

25. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Trust me when I say this -- If we were under the Cap by 25mil - this scenario would be playing out much, much, differently.