EPL and British Football

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
The Rags were crushed by Liverpool today. Olympiakos can put the last nail in that coffin on Wednesday. :roflmao:

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not EPL related

but i'm just kind of recovering after watching my home town team picking up their first trophy since 1995, in fact the last trophy we won was the last time i was at a cup final, and it was my 16th birthday that day. now i'm 34 and it's been a painful 18 and a bit years. we are also still in the Scottish FA cup so have the chance of a cup double this season, something we have not cheived since the 1989-1990 season. it's amazing how the whole city has changed this season with the football team starting to live up to it's potential

C.O.Y.R
(come on you reds)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
not EPL related

but i'm just kind of recovering after watching my home town team picking up their first trophy since 1995, in fact the last trophy we won was the last time i was at a cup final, and it was my 16th birthday that day. now i'm 34 and it's been a painful 18 and a bit years. we are also still in the Scottish FA cup so have the chance of a cup double this season, something we have not cheived since the 1989-1990 season. it's amazing how the whole city has changed this season with the football team starting to live up to it's potential

C.O.Y.R
(come on you reds)
Congrats, I envy you scotscheese ! :tup: :)
Certainy a great feeling after waiting for such a long time !
Im waiting for another championship since 1987, thats awful. :rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
not EPL related

C.O.Y.R
(come on you reds)

Your Coach has done very well about time Aberdeen got away from mediocrity. Luckily i missed the game (not the best i was told) but who cares about that if your the winners, hopefully your team can build on that. I dont like ICT so i was happy they lost. :)

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Bad day for you if you like Arsenal..........Ouch! :eek::D

I stand by what I've said for the past 3 years. Wenger needs to be sacked. You can't keep selling your best players (Fabregas, Nasri, RVP) and not replace them and expect to win.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I stand by what I've said for the past 3 years. Wenger needs to be sacked. You can't keep selling your best players (Fabregas, Nasri, RVP) and not replace them and expect to win.

I know what you mean, but as long as he's producing results such as todays long may he stay! :eek::roflmao:

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score

Those three wanted to go. there wasn't much Wenger could have done to prevent this.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Those three wanted to go. there wasn't much Wenger could have done to prevent this.

He could have sold them to a non-rival. He also could have used the cash to bring in players to replace them. That didn't happen.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
If Wenger is happy with his 4th place trophy, then I guess he's a genius. :roflmao: Success every year.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Chelsea must have "diving", the refs were against ****, the sun got in ****'s eyes....:roflmao::roflmao:;)

Yeah we were very lucky today, thats not the only thing that was against the ****. Six goals too and a ref that didn't send off who he should have........the better player. :)

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Realised i've not been on this forum in some time, shall start posting more regularly again from now on.

It's going to be a very interesting finish to the Premier League this season, it should be Man City's to lose now, but never rule out a Mourinho team. Liverpool look nailed on for 3rd, they've had a tremendous season, although they'll need alot more depth next season with European competitions meaning they'll be playing 3 games per week on several occasions. Arsenal are trying their best to give up that final Champions League spot, but i think they'll just hang on.

Utd are just mediocre in all departments, minimum of 6 players need to come in this summer, but the problem will be getting rid of the deadwood such as Nani (4yr contract) and Young (2yr contract), Utd will not move on until the average players who have became comfortable at Old Trafford leave.

Everton have been superb, really moved on well under Martinez. Maybe Utd should have looked at Martinez rather than Moyes, but that would have ridiculous - the team who wins the Premier League hiring the manager who's team got relegated, would it not...? :cool:

At the other end, I think Fulham are gone, suprised that a team with Parker, Sidwell, Karagounis and Hangeland lacks such fight and seems to give in too easily.

Huge game this weekend with Cardiff travelling to West Brom, who seem to be on the slide (hopefully :poop:), Albions next 3 games are Cardiff (h), Norwich (a) & Tottenham (h), 3 big tough fixtures - lose all 3 and they're gone too.

I still thing Sunderland will sneak out, may go down to the wire.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
I think it is of note that City has now won three consecutive games at the Swamp.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Not the first time won't be the last...................:rolleyes: if only Bridge knew what was coming.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Opened everything back up yesterday didn't it, suddenly it almost looks in Liverpools hands, although they have the toughest run-in. Would never have put money on Palace beating Chelsea either, where on earth did that come from, no fluke either by the look of the highlights.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not EPL related as such, but League One (3rd tier). My Wolves lot won yesterday and are now 6points clear at the top, won away at MK Dons and took and incredible 9,000 away fans to the game, thought it was worth a little mention.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Opened everything back up yesterday didn't it, suddenly it almost looks in Liverpools hands, although they have the toughest run-in. Would never have put money on Palace beating Chelsea either, where on earth did that come from, no fluke either by the look of the highlights.

Pre game looking at the teams i thought Chelsea would be doing ok to get a point, Torres up front.....not a chance he cannot be bothered against the smaller teams. Stats showed 60% - 7o% possesion for Chelsea but typical of a subborn ugly Pulis team they pulled it off and fairplay to Crystal Palace they deserved it. Mourinho needs to get his own players in over the summer, and ditch a few others.........

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Not EPL related as such, but League One (3rd tier). My Wolves lot won yesterday and are now 6points clear at the top, won away at MK Dons and took and incredible 9,000 away fans to the game, thought it was worth a little mention.

As you know your team should not be there anyway, stupid a club of that size was allowed to slump like that. Good to see it looks they are going up though.

Last edited:

Latest posts