1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

EPL and British Football

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by UK Packer Backer, Jan 9, 2012.

1. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +795
    Btw - when in Manchester I will definitely visit Paul Heatons pub to have a pint or two.
    Didnt know that he is or was a Germany fan:

"....so we liked the Germans. Then the German side of ’82, I absolutely loved them and ’86, Hans-Peter Briegel, I loved Stielike, I loved Klaus Fischer. I did have a period of liking the Dutch but it came later.
    I didn’t really like the French. I remember the 1982 semi-final where Schumacher was wrongly blamed for clattering Battison. I was living down South and everyone was supporting France, but I adored the Germans...."
    http://europeanfootballweekends.blogspot.de/2011/04/paul-heaton-interview.html

• Like Like x 1
  2. PackerFan71

PackerFan71 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +988
    Good article nessie but he's got rose tinted glasses in regard to Schumacher, he did not even get a card for nearly killing the French player. :eek: Superb memories of that World Cup, best ever in my opinion. Having said that top bloke Mr Heaton for liking the German national side.:tup:

3. Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers 1. FC Eintracht Bamberg

Ratings:
    +616
    Uh oh. Arsenal slipped up. Who's going to take advantage of it?

4. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,301
    Now Kroos is talking about a possible future with Man U. If this keeps going, why don't they just make Man U a subsidiary of FCB? They could call themselves "North Bayern"!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

5. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +292
    City has to stop Adebayor, a player they are still paying 40,000 GBP a week to. I wonder if he has another classic goal celebration in him.

6. PackerFan71

PackerFan71 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +988
    You have a point Croak the current Bayern shirt and Manures of 1983 are identical perhaps also their away shirts could be blue in honour of the mighty CFC and Juan Mata.......:cautious:;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +795
    Schumacher was a nutter and fully agree, a yellow card or maybe even a red card would have been well deserved.
    Like this interview too, especially because of all 80's and 90's memories though I dont have that much knowledge about british football and minor League teams in those days. But thanks to my first Football Manager PC game I still know all their names ;)

8. scotscheese

scotscheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    to see if who bites??

9. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,075
    Packerfan71 mate. It was only meant in a teasing way, no offence intended. If it DID offend you I apologise unreservedly

10. scotscheese

scotscheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    haha no offence here lad, i was more wondering if you remembered that there's a few jocks here

it takes something really offensive to get my back up, i'm cool

11. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,075
    Yes you`re a Jock, but I`d never hold that against you..........much :D.

12. PackerFan71

PackerFan71 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +988
    None taken Bill I never even saw your post till now, reminds me of that headstone I saw one time at the border. it said Welcome to Scotland sorry you had to wade through so much doodoo to get here. :p;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. PackerFan71

PackerFan71 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +988
    You still playing that now and again nessie? I recently had to reformat my computer so i'll have to start from scratch again, but I'm looking forward to doing it been a while since I played. Not going to get this year's version (not so good reviews for it)

14. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +795
    You've reformat your computer PackerFan71 ? Wow, havent done this since years, good old windows times :tup:
    Takes a lot of time, doesnt it ?
    Last version of the football manager I had on my computer is the FM 2013, I guess we talked about it before. But I havent played it since months. Please let me know if you think the new version could be worth a try.
    And look what I found, do you remember this one ? This was my first Football manager game when I was a little boy, thats why I know all those teams like Tranmere, Torquay, Bury, Colchester.....nice memories ! :)

15. PackerFan71

PackerFan71 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +988
    Takes a little while to do nessie should get it back tomorrow, I'm using my kindle fire at the moment. :) As far as I know the new fm14 is just more of the same think ill stick with last year's for now. Omg those old versions were rubbish, but at the time we didn't know any better ha! Good memories. Preston North End were my choice back then. :D

16. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +795
    I loved this game, PackerFan71.
    May look like rubbish nowadays but was state of the art in 1984. :eek::D

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. scotscheese

scotscheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    i turned 5 in 1984, and started school :whistling::whistling:

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +795
    You started going to school at the age of 5 ? Wow, thats pretty young. ;)
    In Germany our kids are going to school when they turned 6. Do you remember your first PC football game ? What was it ?
    But you obviously missed the good old C64 and MS-Dos times ? :D Format c: would have helped to set up the PC much quicker than today (Greetings to PackerFan71 ;) )

19. scotscheese

scotscheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    well technically i started school at the age of 4 as my birthday is in november

never had a pc when i was growing up, so first pc game would have been one of the C&C games, first fotty game would have been champ manager 00/01, though did play older versions of it on the sega megadrive, i was always notts county for some reason

20. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +292
  21. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +795
    Are you ready for the match of the week on Monday, Sandolf ? ;)
    Best defense of the league against the best offense, sounds promising.....

22. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +292
    The Chelsea away fixture was the low point of the season so far. If not for Joe Hart's howler, we should have one more point and they two less. So it is time to make amends and open up a little distance from them in the table.

23. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +795
    Dont count your chickens before they're hatched Sandolf ;)
    I expect Chelsea to grab at least one point though City seems to be in top form at the moment. Very impressive offense !

24. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +292
    Well nessie... you may be the one poster here that is most sensitive to the fact that I have been counting these chickens for a very long time. ;)

There were a lot of doubters when MCFC took to the path of converting a team in a constant state of relegation trouble into a world class outfit. But these things do take time. A lot of time. I am happy with the depth of the squad. We are still in all four competitions this year. Having a guy like Jovetic when Aguero goes down is a big plus. Chelsea cannot match us there, but still represent a big test. FC Barcelona looms on the horizon as well. The chicken may well be very good to us this year.

---
    btw... if the Chargers had ANY sort of depth, we may have been spared the indignity of having to watch the Donks this weekend.

25. PackerFan71

PackerFan71 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +988
    I think Citeh are a good side, (they should be by now) having all that Arab money thrown at them. But I still think they are weak in defence at times, and previously against well drilled sides they come unstuck. Mancini was a class act and should still be coach. In this respect their owners are similar to Abramovich all to eager to hire and fire at will.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014