EPL and British Football

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Interesting discussion.... did I mention that I dont like Brits anymore ?!
They found a British WW2 bomb yesterday, it took me 2 hours to find a way back home because it was a complete chaos everywhere in Hamburg. :mad::D
But to be serious - the Germany-England rivalry is a sporting thing for me too, but its a lot of fun ! ;)

@Wolf Packer: Nice avatar :tup:
Im not sure if it really will be an European team that wins the WC in Brazil but as long as its not Spain (and Italy :poop:) its O.K.
Im so tired of this boring "tiki-taka" style of playing :sleep:

Here in the Eastern side of the States they are still finding un-exploded ordinance from the American Civil War. I was visiting a friend in VA when Quantico was called in to remove an unexploded shell that a bunch of kids came upon in the woods. :eek:

I'm kind of enjoying "tiki-taka" now. :whistling: Mia San Mia :cool:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here in the Eastern side of the States they are still finding un-exploded ordinance from the American Civil War. I was visiting a friend in VA when Quantico was called in to remove an unexploded shell that a bunch of kids came upon in the woods. :eek:

I'm kind of enjoying "tiki-taka" now. :whistling: Mia San Mia :cool:
Wow.....fortunately nothing happened to the kids !
Thats no surprise, Croak :D
Still hoping that Bayern loses a game very soon, I 'd like to keep the record....:(

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any thoughts on todays results so far ?
Arsenal still looks very good, two goals by Ozil. He seems to fit perfectly to Wenger and his style of football.
I only read that Chelsea won 4-1 against Cardiff, I guess a must win ?
At the moment Im watching Hammers against City...well deserved 1-0 lead for City at the moment, hope West Ham strikes back soon.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm watching the same game. What did the commentator mean when he said it was good that one of the players was traded because he couldn't handle the temptations of Manchester? What does Manchester have that London doesn't?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I'm watching the same game. What did the commentator mean when he said it was good that one of the players was traded because he couldn't handle the temptations of Manchester? What does Manchester have that London doesn't?

Who ever it was has not got a clue what he's on about. Manchester offers constant Rain and dreary cold weather and the singer Morrisey. London's well known for its bored footballers all wondering without anything much to do, umm no not really. ;) Londons the Capital of England, if you cant do it there you cant do it in Manchester. :)

Last edited:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Any thoughts on todays results so far ?
Arsenal still looks very good, two goals by Ozil. He seems to fit perfectly to Wenger and his style of football.
I only read that Chelsea won 4-1 against Cardiff, I guess a must win ?
At the moment Im watching Hammers against City...well deserved 1-0 lead for City at the moment, hope West Ham strikes back soon.

I love the biased reporting from the BBC, ''Chelsea's equalizer should not have been allowed'' so i guess the other three we got had no bearing on how the match ended then! :roflmao:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the biased reporting from the BBC, ''Chelsea's equalizer should not have been allowed'' so i guess the other three we got had no bearing on how the match ended then! :roflmao:
Does the moon care when dogs bark at it ? ;)
Btw - always wanted you to ask for the most hated local rival, PackerFan71. So which London Team Chelsea Fans hate most ?
Arsenal ? Spurs ? Hammers ? And what about Millwall or Palace ? :cautious:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who ever it was has not got a clue what he's on about. Manchester offers constant Rain and dreary cold weather and the singer Morrisey. London's well known for its bored footballers all wondering without anything much to do, umm no not really. ;) Londons the Capital of England, if you cant do it there you cant do it in Manchester. :)
Thats not fair, PackerFan71 though constant rain seem to be true :D
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Indeed Morrisey is a whiner but the Gallaghers are from Manchester too, that means sex, drugs and Rock'n'Roll ! :eek::roflmao:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Does the moon care when dogs bark at it ? ;)
Btw - always wanted you to ask for the most hated local rival, PackerFan71. So which London Team Chelsea Fans hate most ?
Arsenal ? Spurs ? Hammers ? And what about Millwall or Palace ? :cautious:

For me Nessie without question its Arsenal, because they are the other really big local contender. Maybe Spurs a little bit now also. Fulham i quite like as long as we beat them, (plucky little neighbours). Hammers, Millwall, and Palace don't even really register, but they hate us anyway not that i'm bothered. ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Thats not fair, PackerFan71 though constant rain seem to be true :D
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Indeed Morrisey is a whiner but the Gallaghers are from Manchester too, that means sex, drugs and Rock'n'Roll ! :eek::roflmao:

I like the Beautiful south, but they are from Hull i wonder why they are singing about the Mancs? :confused: Forgot about the Gallagers, they are almost a cartoon they really are. :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the Beautiful south, but they are from Hull i wonder why they are singing about the Mancs? :confused: Forgot about the Gallagers, they are almost a cartoon they really are. :D
As much as I know Paul (Heaton) lives somewhere close to Manchester where he owns a pub. Hope I can visit Manchester and Pauls pub one day ! ;)

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England

I'll tell you one thing you can do in Manchester that you cant in London... Drive, and get where you want to get, within reasonable time. London is an absolute nightmare mate!

Btw, sone great goals this weekend, Arsenals was absolutely superb, possibly one of the best goals I have ever seen teamwork-wise.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I'll tell you one thing you can do in Manchester that you cant in London... Drive, and get where you want to get, within reasonable time. London is an absolute nightmare mate!

Btw, sone great goals this weekend, Arsenals was absolutely superb, possibly one of the best goals I have ever seen teamwork-wise.

Aye i know its pretty Hellish driving there, best to take the Tube providing you can bare the scrum.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bit of a soft spot for Sunderland, we've always recruited quite well from up your way, Jody Craddock, Micky Gray, Alex Rae.
Hope you guys sort yourself out, HUGE derby this week too. You need to start getting some decent service to Fletcher, he's a pure goal machine.

i remember meeting Alex Rae once at the SOL. my ex had family down tees-side way, and one summer when we were visiting i went to SOL for a stadium tour, wearing my aberdeen shirt, and bumped into Alex at the end of the tour, he was playing for rangers at the time and when he saw my shirt i heard him saying ffs, but top lad and had a good chat with him

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I already have his ''other'' autobiography, i know most of the stories. Read with interest the part about his regret of letting Japp Stam leave. A no brainer that, brilliant defender.
Aah right, there is a autobiography from 2000 as well. Just checked it on Amazon UK. Sounds like the new book could be an updated version or at least a similar book with some new stories. As I dont expect it to be published in Germany or even in German I'll try to get me an English copy. :)
Agree, letting Jaap Stam go wasnt smart, he was a beast and one of the best Dutch defenders ever.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Aah right, there is a autobiography from 2000 as well. Just checked it on Amazon UK. Sounds like the new book could be an updated version or at least a similar book with some new stories. As I dont expect it to be published in Germany or even in German I'll try to get me an English copy. :)
Agree, letting Jaap Stam go wasnt smart, he was a beast and one of the best Dutch defenders ever.

His first one is a good read, i enjoyed it even though i can't stand ManU.

Members online

Latest posts