EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been thinking. I have a hard time picking any one team in the EPL to be my favorite. Bundesliga is easy because my extended family and ancestors are from Bayern. Man U is really pushed around here but I don't like their ownership. Liverpool has a very popular show but, meh, they don't do much for me.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Hmmmm...how about ManCity ?.....just kidding ;-)
Nobody likes them....

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed when Chelsea gets near the goal their footwork really picks up. They're like sharks who smell blood in the water.

Yepp...they are always dangerous when they are near or in the box.
But they are lucky, Everton hit the bar just a couple minutes before Lampard scored.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Listening to the accents of the commentators again. Leslie is fairley neutral and easy to understand. Burley has a strong fun accent, Scots maybe?

Craig Burley? yes he's a former Scottish international ex Chelsea. Leslie not sure about him never hear him speak.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a well deserved win for Chelsea although Everton was a tough opponent.
Now a Packers win against the Queens and it could be the perfect weekend for you, PackerFan71? ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I think a well deserved win for Chelsea although Everton was a tough opponent.
Now a Packers win against the Queens and it could be the perfect weekend for you, PackerFan71? ;)

Yeppers halfway there its always nice to beat the Queens GO PACK!!!!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
In a perfect world it would be Pele, On skill alone my vote goes to Maradona, in my opinion he was better than Messi and he dragged a very average team to win the world cup practically on his own. But he is slightly loopy. But why someone like Cristiano Ronaldo is on the list, and Zizou Zidane is not is a bit silly though.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a perfect world it would be Pele, On skill alone my vote goes to Maradona, in my opinion he was better than Messi and he dragged a very average team to win the world cup practically on his own. But he is slightly loopy. But why someone like Cristiano Ronaldo is on the list, and Zizou Zidane is not is a bit silly though.
I agree with your view on Maradona, great player.
And no doubt that Messi is the best player nowadays although playing for Barca helps him a lot.
But I cant take this poll seriously as long as Zizou is not on that list.
He played on a level that Christiano Ronaldo never will reach.

Ah...and I must not forget to wish you guys "Guten Rutsch" into a happy and healthy new year 2013 !

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I agree with your view on Maradona, great player.
And no doubt that Messi is the best player nowadays although playing for Barca helps him a lot.
But I cant take this poll seriously as long as Zizou is not on that list.
He played on a level that Christiano Ronaldo never will reach.

Ah...and I must not forget to wish you guys "Guten Rutsch" into a happy and healthy new year 2013 !

Without question Messi is the best player in the world right now, but Zidane was also for me the better player and the best of the recent generation. He had the perfect combination of the strength of Tony Adams and the skill of Dennis Bergkamp rolled into one, a Genius.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without question Messi is the best player in the world right now, but Zidane was also for me the better player and the best of the recent generation. He had the perfect combination of the strength of Tony Adams and the skill of Dennis Bergkamp rolled into one, a Genius.

Tapadh leat ! (O.K., I admit I had to look it up :whistling:;))
I've always adored Zidane, as you wrote - a Genius and his "trick" is legendary
I still have my Zidane jersey that I bought 2006 and I will never give it away.
Btw - I've seen him playing live here in Hamburg when HSV played Juve 2000.
:tup:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Tapadh leat ! (O.K., I admit I had to look it up :whistling:;))
I've always adored Zidane, as you wrote - a Genius and his "trick" is legendary
I still have my Zidane jersey that I bought 2006 and I will never give it away.
Btw - I've seen him playing live here in Hamburg when HSV played Juve 2000.
:tup:

Ha your welcome my Gaelic comes out on special occasions only, good job with the translation!:tup:
He could turn on a sixpence at high speed amazing skill :notworthy: i also have a Juve shirt somewhere aswell by Kappa i just got it because of Zidane not really a Juve fan but the shirt is cool. Great game btw really unlucky HSV should have won typical Inzaghi it was a shirt pull but he went down long after, very cynical.:rolleyes:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha your welcome my Gaelic comes out on special occasions only, good job with the translation!:tup:
He could turn on a sixpence at high speed amazing skill :notworthy: i also have a Juve shirt somewhere aswell by Kappa i just got it because of Zidane not really a Juve fan but the shirt is cool. Great game btw really unlucky HSV should have won typical Inzaghi it was a shirt pull but he went down long after, very cynical.:rolleyes:

I am wondering if you learn Gaelic at school ? Really like this but dont have any idea how to pronounce gaelic words.
But I remember place name signs and road signs with both names on it, English and Gaelic, when travelling the Highlands.

Very typical Inzaghi but stupid by Barbarez, the Hamburg player, to pull his shirt.... :rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I am wondering if you learn Gaelic at school ? Really like this but dont have any idea how to pronounce gaelic words.
But I remember place name signs and road signs with both names on it, English and Gaelic, when travelling the Highlands.

Very typical Inzaghi but stupid by Barbarez, the Hamburg player, to pull his shirt.... :rolleyes:

Yeah i was taught it at school but it wasn't spoken in the home which was unfortunate and very common (its a tricky to learn properly). So i dropped it as soon as i could and took French instead.:rolleyes: Lots of money has been pumped into the Language now and funnily enough lots of German people are interested in it and have learned it, i think they like the culture as much as anything.
Yep also have one such sign outside my house, but in all honesty English is the prominent language.

I was never a fan of Inzaghi, he was always pushing the rules everytime. btw found my Juve shirt, not sure the year possibly 1997.:unsure:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah i was taught it at school but it wasn't spoken in the home which was unfortunate and very common (its a tricky to learn properly). So i dropped it as soon as i could and took French instead.:rolleyes: Lots of money has been pumped into the Language now and funnily enough lots of German people are interested in it and have learned it, i think they like the culture as much as anything.
Yep also have one such sign outside my house, but in all honesty English is the prominent language.

I was never a fan of Inzaghi, he was always pushing the rules everytime. btw found my Juve shirt, not sure the year possibly 1997.

Hey, nice shirt although from an Italian team :tup:
So you made the same mistake that I did and learned french ? :eek: :D
Well, to be serious I had the choice between French and Latin and because of this my choice was an easy one ;)
My French was pretty good but because I havent used it since years there is not much left of it.
Would prefer Spanish, Russian (I've learned a little last year) or Chinese instead nowadays.
But I've never heard before that German people are learning Gaelic though I knew that a lot of us are interested in it. Thats crazy, isnt it ? :D
But more and more efforts are made to preserve traditional languages or language slangs in Germany as well. There are even some schools here in Hamburg who started to teach "platt", a northern language slang I hardly understand.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hey, nice shirt although from an Italian team :tup:
So you made the same mistake that I did and learned french ? :eek: :D
Well, to be serious I had the choice between French and Latin and because of this my choice was an easy one ;)
My French was pretty good but because I havent used it since years there is not much left of it.
Would prefer Spanish, Russian (I've learned a little last year) or Chinese instead nowadays.
But I've never heard before that German people are learning Gaelic though I knew that a lot of us are interested in it. Thats crazy, isnt it ? :D
But more and more efforts are made to preserve traditional languages or language slangs in Germany as well. There are even some schools here in Hamburg who started to teach "platt", a northern language slang I hardly understand.

Im not so keen on Italian football but i like some of their kits, Kappa make good designs, nice detail. I have a Sampdoria one also sooo good.
Ha well i dropped French the following year but i must admit it was easier than the Gaelic was.;) I would have liked to learn German instead but for some silly reason that wasn't allowed!??! apparently you had to be really good at French to qualify!!! idiot teachers.:mad:
Yeah infact one of the German learners has made a career in the Gaelic TV as a journalist here hes totally fluent.
Platt sounds like ''Scots'' which is an offshoot accent dialect of English.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Im not so keen on Italian football but i like some of their kits, Kappa make good designs, nice detail. I have a Sampdoria one also sooo good.
Ha well i dropped French the following year but i must admit it was easier than the Gaelic was.;) I would have liked to learn German instead but for some silly reason that wasn't allowed!??! apparently you had to be really good at French to qualify!!! idiot teachers.:mad:
Yeah infact one of the German learners has made a career in the Gaelic TV as a journalist here hes totally fluent.
Platt sounds like ''Scots'' which is an offshoot accent dialect of English.

I studied Latin, German, Greek, and Hebrew in that order. I have a friend who is always writing Gaelic and it drives me crazy because he knows I can't read it. He tells me I should learn it because my German heritage was once celtic. He's always telling me the Celts saved civilization.

An Italian kid who dated my daughter was at supper one evening. He bragged that the Italians gave the world the Church. To which I responded, but it only took one German to fix it. He got all red in the face while everyone broke out laughing.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I studied Latin, German, Greek, and Hebrew in that order. I have a friend who is always writing Gaelic and it drives me crazy because he knows I can't read it. He tells me I should learn it because my German heritage was once celtic. He's always telling me the Celts saved civilization.

An Italian kid who dated my daughter was at supper one evening. He bragged that the Italians gave the world the Church. To which I responded, but it only took one German to fix it. He got all red in the face while everyone broke out laughing.

There is two versions of Gaelic, the (Irish and the Scots) very similar but frustratingly different. As a language its like code everything is back to front. Culturally as you know the Celts came first but Gaelic is still has Germanic origins hard to imagine i know but true apparently.

Ha no comeback line from him after that one, good ole Martin Luther.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
There is two versions of Gaelic, the (Irish and the Scots) very similar but frustratingly different. As a language its like code everything is back to front. Culturally as you know the Celts came first but Gaelic is still has Germanic origins hard to imagine i know but true apparently.

Ha no comeback line from him after that one, good ole Martin Luther.

So is Welsh Gaelic?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Boy, for folks that speak the same language, it sure is confusing over there.

It not so bad, its only mainly when you goto rural areas that some of them use non english. But even they use it like everywhere else when they want to.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
This just in from Foxsports, Beckham is in talks with another team....this one's in China. :confused:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
This just in from Foxsports, Beckham is in talks with another team....this one's in China. :confused:

Hmmm, I dont think he's going to China, I doubt that his wife would follow him.
But similar to Russia - money isnt the problem, they could afford him easily.

PackerFan71 - a loss against QPR at home ? :eek: That is embarrassing, isnt it? :rolleyes:

Btw - the only gaelic word I knew before is Fàilte - welcome ;)
Well, thats because I like to visit (Irish)pubs for a beer or two and there is always a sign at the
entrance ! :rolleyes::D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hmmm, I dont think he's going to China, I doubt that his wife would follow him.
But similar to Russia - money isnt the problem, they could afford him easily.

PackerFan71 - a loss against QPR at home ? :eek: That is embarrassing, isnt it? :rolleyes:

Btw - the only gaelic word I knew before is Fàilte - welcome ;)
Well, thats because I like to visit (Irish)pubs for a beer or two and there is always a sign at the
entrance ! :rolleyes::D

Well under normal circumstances yes thats a silly embarrasing result and i would be really annoyed, but i don't care to be honest (well i do actually but im not bothered by it) i've written the season off i expected Everton to win on Sunday i was suprised we got the win.:roflmao: I'm sick of Abramovich changing coaches and Benitez should not even be there. Its difficult to get any enthusiasm with that pair at the club.
Alba Gu Brath! you must have seen that somewhere?! Ok ill let you off with that Noel quote i quite like him, thank god you didn't choose his brother! ;)

I respect Mancini hes a good man even though i don't like Man City, but why does he put up with this player? there is no way i would want him at my club at all.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20902177

Members online

Latest posts