EPL and British Football

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chelsea with another win @ Arsenal, congrats PackerFan71 :tup:
Isn't it a perfect day when you are winning against one of your most hated rivals ? :D
And Ross County lost 4-5 :eek: Wow !
This result sounds crazy, I will watch the video on youtube as soon as it is available.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Chelsea with another win @ Arsenal, congrats PackerFan71 :tup:
Isn't it a perfect day when you are winning against one of your most hated rivals ? :D
And Ross County lost 4-5 :eek: Wow !
This result sounds crazy, I will watch the video on youtube as soon as it is available.

Yeah a win is a win so im happy and (even Torres scores shock horror!) always good to beat the ****!
Its not very often i like an AVB team win but i am today they beat Man Ure 2-3.:)
Petric got a Pen for Jol's Fulham against Man Citeh (who are turning into the leaders in my most annoying opponent department.) because of L. Gallager M. Balotelli etc etc
Steven ******** got the winner for Sunderland (still not good enough for the national team though.:mad:)
I don't sometimes mind losing 4-5, at least we are putting the ball in the net now. Just need to shore up on D a bit.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang, ManCity wins again....I simply don't like them :mad:
But Chelsea 4-1 and Torres scored again. :tup:
Looks like he is doing better ? Did you watch the game, PackerFan71 ?
4-1 looks like an easy game for Chelsea....

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Dang, ManCity wins again....I simply don't like them :mad:
But Chelsea 4-1 and Torres scored again. :tup:
Looks like he is doing better ? Did you watch the game, PackerFan71 ?
4-1 looks like an easy game for Chelsea....

Indeed yes they are getting above their station a bit with all that oil rich money.
Easy in the end yep but going 0-1 down is not so good, glad it was early on wrong time to score if your Norwich. He scored again a pleasant suprise but to give him credit he sets up alot of chances. Ill see the highlights tonight.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I should have ordered the international football channel ;)
I checked live scores on www.kicker.de several times, crazy game.
At the moment I am watching Gladbach-Frankfurt, second half, Gladbach leads 2:0

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It looked to me like Southampton scored both goals on themselves while trying to defend a score. It was crazy.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bundesliga and Premiere League are not playing this week because of the World Cup 2013 qualifiers.
Germany plays Ireland and Sweden, both should be a win.
Tough games for Scotland, both away in Wales and Belgium.
Easy game for England against San Marino but maybe a surprise is possible when England plays in Poland on Wednesday ? :sneaky:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Bundesliga and Premiere League are not playing this week because of the World Cup 2013 qualifiers.
Germany plays Ireland and Sweden, both should be a win.
Tough games for Scotland, both away in Wales and Belgium.
Easy game for England against San Marino but maybe a surprise is possible when England plays in Poland on Wednesday ? :sneaky:

I really like German confidence, i wish we could say the same. But at least you can back it up with results, Scotland should be able to beat Wales as the squad has a little bit of potential now that the two Fletchers are back. But i would not put money on it for all sorts of reasons, they will get a draw at best knowing them. Belgium seem to be the new up and coming team very strong i doubt we will get anything from that game. You mean an England win?:sneaky:;)

Interesting article watched the game live cant believe it was 27 years ago, a great man. In soccer terms he was on a par with Vince Lombardi.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19884252

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like German confidence, i wish we could say the same. But at least you can back it up with results, Scotland should be able to beat Wales as the squad has a little bit of potential now that the two Fletchers are back. But i would not put money on it for all sorts of reasons, they will get a draw at best knowing them. Belgium seem to be the new up and coming team very strong i doubt we will get anything from that game. You mean an England win?:sneaky:;)

Interesting article watched the game live cant believe it was 27 years ago, a great man. In soccer terms he was on a par with Vince Lombardi.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19884252

Yeah, because we all know there wont be a World Cup without Germany, unthinkable. ;)
But I must admit that I am not watching every qualifying game - it's simply boring sometimes...sorry, sorry I know, that's a luxury problem....:rolleyes:
I really hope that Scotland beats Wales and and Belgium because that would keep the hopes alive.
I thought Steven Fletcher did not want to play for Scotland anymore, am I wrong ? And is Darren fit enough to help Scotland ? Anyway - good that they are back :tup:
Oh, Jock Stein, I also remember him, of course. I think he is also well known by german football fans of my age and older.
I did not now all details of his career but I knew that he is one of the most popular scottish football legends.
Btw - Gers lost their first game ?! :eek::D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah, because we all know there wont be a World Cup without Germany, unthinkable. ;)
But I must admit that I am not watching every qualifying game - it's simply boring sometimes...sorry, sorry I know, that's a luxury problem....:rolleyes:
I really hope that Scotland beats Wales and and Belgium because that would keep the hopes alive.
I thought Steven Fletcher did not want to play for Scotland anymore, am I wrong ? And is Darren fit enough to help Scotland ? Anyway - good that they are back :tup:
Oh, Jock Stein, I also remember him, of course. I think he is also well known by german football fans of my age and older.
I did not now all details of his career but I knew that he is one of the most popular scottish football legends.
Btw - Gers lost their first game ?! :eek::D

Steven Fletcher and the manager decided to stop the childishness for the better of their country. Darren Fletcher is just about back to normal after his illness thankfully.
Stein is a godlike figure here, ''keep it simple Stupid'' was one of his favourite sayings. Even the Rangers fans respect him, and that takes something. His team played like Barca do now, and they were the first club from Scotland to win the European Cup. I doubt another one will win one again.
Rangers are easily beating teams at home, but struggle away its weird they dominated the game but could not score.

I don't care he was captain of England, todays players could learn alot from him total class.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...dignified-way-sharp-contrast-Ashley-Cole.html

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steven Fletcher and the manager decided to stop the childishness for the better of their country. Darren Fletcher is just about back to normal after his illness thankfully.
Stein is a godlike figure here, ''keep it simple Stupid'' was one of his favourite sayings. Even the Rangers fans respect him, and that takes something. His team played like Barca do now, and they were the first club from Scotland to win the European Cup. I doubt another one will win one again.
Rangers are easily beating teams at home, but struggle away its weird they dominated the game but could not score.

I don't care he was captain of England, todays players could learn alot from him total class.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...dignified-way-sharp-contrast-Ashley-Cole.html

:eek: "Chelsea's bridge of Lies", that's harsh ! :D
Mr. Terry, Cashley Cole...all these a**ho*** are playing for Chelsea, what's wrong with your club, PackerFan71? :confused:
Bobby Moore, Uwe Seeler, Franz Beckenbauer, Pele - there were many classy players in the 60's and 70's.
When I was a little boy I read a book about all those football legends, it was about their life and career - Bobby Moore, Pele, Garrincha, Eusebio, Lew Jaschin, Gerd Mueller.....I loved this book so much, I read it several times.
All these players will never be forgotten, but who cares about Mr. Cole when he has finsihed his career..?!:rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
:eek: "Chelsea's bridge of Lies", that's harsh ! :D
Mr. Terry, Cashley Cole...all these a**ho*** are playing for Chelsea, what's wrong with your club, PackerFan71? :confused:
Bobby Moore, Uwe Seeler, Franz Beckenbauer, Pele - there were many classy players in the 60's and 70's.
When I was a little boy I read a book about all those football legends, it was about their life and career - Bobby Moore, Pele, Garrincha, Eusebio, Lew Jaschin, Gerd Mueller.....I loved this book so much, I read it several times.
All these players will never be forgotten, but who cares about Mr. Cole when he has finsihed his career..?!:rolleyes:

Yeah well i thought so too but i suppose he has to have his envious jealous little dig.:rolleyes:
I think that the main thing wrong with my club is the owner, his money is all attitude goes from the top to the bottom and it feeds the foolish idiot little boys amongst the squad. Cole for me is still an Arsenal player and always will be he's a mercenary full stop. Not all are as unclassy and crass as that two, Frank Lampard, Petr Cech, and David Luis, Juan Mata, amongst others are good guys so we cant brush them all the same.
Ah yeah i know Muller had problems after he quit playing, good to hear hes doing well now. Those guys were proper legends im going to get Bobby Moore's book soon, i also really like reading about real Footballers like him.

Confirming what i already knew, its a bit rich of Owen having a go at the foreign players when he dived himself......
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19905197

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah well i thought so too but i suppose he has to have his envious jealous little dig.:rolleyes:
I think that the main thing wrong with my club is the owner, his money is all attitude goes from the top to the bottom and it feeds the foolish idiot little boys amongst the squad. Cole for me is still an Arsenal player and always will be he's a mercenary full stop. Not all are as unclassy and crass as that two, Frank Lampard, Petr Cech, and David Luis, Juan Mata, amongst others are good guys so we cant brush them all the same.
Ah yeah i know Muller had problems after he quit playing, good to hear hes doing well now. Those guys were proper legends im going to get Bobby Moore's book soon, i also really like reading about real Footballers like him.

Confirming what i already knew, its a bit rich of Owen having a go at the foreign players when he dived himself......
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19905197

Well - you are right, Frank Lampard and Petr Czech are great players, the do have class, no doubt about it ! :tup:
Muller had some alcohol problems and Bayern Munich, especially Uli Honess helped him out by giving him a job.
As you know I am not a Bayern Munich fan, but they are exemplary how to integrate former players into the management or coaching staff.

Ha, don't throw bricks when you live in a glass house :rolleyes::D
But he is not completely wrong by bringing up the fact that there is a foreign influcence on this in the Premiere League and of course in the German Bundesliga as well.
But there have been divers in the past (German penalty in the 74 final against Netherlands ! ) and there will be divers in the future.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Well - you are right, Frank Lampard and Petr Czech are great players, the do have class, no doubt about it ! :tup:
Muller had some alcohol problems and Bayern Munich, especially Uli Honess helped him out by giving him a job.
As you know I am not a Bayern Munich fan, but they are exemplary how to integrate former players into the management or coaching staff.

Ha, don't throw bricks when you live in a glass house :rolleyes::D
But he is not completely wrong by bringing up the fact that there is a foreign influcence on this in the Premiere League and of course in the German Bundesliga as well.
But there have been divers in the past (German penalty in the 74 final against Netherlands ! ) and there will be divers in the future.

Amen.
I saw a documentary on that game, even the Germans said it was a dive. He should have won an Oscar and a red card for it. I used to feel sorry for the Dutch about the result but now im glad Germany won, the Dutch were by far the best team in 74 but way too arrogant and full of themselves that day.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amen.
I saw a documentary on that game, even the Germans said it was a dive. He should have won an Oscar and a red card for it. I used to feel sorry for the Dutch about the result but now im glad Germany won, the Dutch were by far the best team in 74 but way too arrogant and full of themselves that day.

...feeling sorry for the Dutch ? No Way :sneaky: :D
They had their chances, 74, 78 and 2010.
Do you remember the Dutch team with Rijkaard, the de Boer brothers, Guulit, van Basten - awesome team, maybe the best Dutch team ever ?
But they simply did not like each other and later they admitted that there have been internal problems between the two racial groups.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
...feeling sorry for the Dutch ? No Way :sneaky: :D
They had their chances, 74, 78 and 2010.
Do you remember the Dutch team with Rijkaard, the de Boer brothers, Guulit, van Basten - awesome team, maybe the best Dutch team ever ?
But they simply did not like each other and later they admitted that there have been internal problems between the two racial groups.

Ha thought you might say that!:)
I wish they had won in 78' because Scotland beat them 3-2, (should have been 5-2) in the group and then we would have been declared unofficial world champions lol! I remember them in 88' was a great side was disappointed with them in 90' as you said internal silly bickering typically Dutch.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha thought you might say that!:)
I wish they had won in 78' because Scotland beat them 3-2, (should have been 5-2) in the group and then we would have been declared unofficial world champions lol! I remember them in 88' was a great side was disappointed with them in 90' as you said internal silly bickering typically Dutch.

Oh, I did not remember that Scotland beat them in 78. :tup:
The 70's and 80's were not that bad for Scotland.
Great game against Brazil in ´82 although they lost 1-4.
Did Germany and Scotland ever play against each other in a World Cup match ?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Oh, I did not remember that Scotland beat them in 78. :tup:
The 70's and 80's were not that bad for Scotland.
Great game against Brazil in ´82 although they lost 1-4.
Did Germany and Scotland ever play against each other in a World Cup match ?

I was a bit too young for 78' but know all about it, we had to beat Holland by three goals to qualify and had two disallowed hit bar and post but won 3-2 ''crazy'' Yep at least we used to qualify back then.:rolleyes: Brazil 82' were magical, and they respected us because we attacked them instead of parking the bus. I didn't really mind losing, they were my (other team) that tourney.
Germany and Scotland played in Mexico 86' very close good game, we should have equalised near the end but it wasn't to be Germany just won 2-1.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, great player but 46 m GBP...that's a pile of money for only one player.:eek:
PackerFan71 - I could not watch the match but I know that Scotland lost.
It's sad, another World Cup without Scotland - what happened, did you watch ?
I think it's t time to go, Mr. Levein ?! :mad:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Wow, great player but 46 m GBP...that's a pile of money for only one player.:eek:
PackerFan71 - I could not watch the match but I know that Scotland lost.
It's sad, another World Cup without Scotland - what happened, did you watch ?
I think it's t time to go, Mr. Levein ?! :mad:

Abramovich usually gets his player but the money is just plain stupid.
Scotland had a perfectly good goal disallowed would have made it 0-2 game over, Bale basically cheated for the penalty he tripped over himself, but his second goal was good. Im not even angry as i saw this coming, ive written off this campaign a long time ago. Gordon Strachan hopefully will be in charge after Levein is sacked after the Belgium game. Great result for Germany at least they will be at the World Cup.:tup:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts