Eliot Wolf / John Dorsey GM threads?/ Browns - Steelers fight

H

HardRightEdge

true he had to say something on the ground
I was thinking more about when Rudolph charged his aggressor and then got a helmet whipped at him. Kinda funny how he tried to stay behind his lineman while running his mouth. He's due a fine.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fully agree. My Mothers side of the family are all Buckeye and Browns fan. So for the last 8 or so months I have been listening to this "Dorsey has built a dynasty in Cleveland, they are the next Patriots!". No, actually, Cleveland has assembled a bunch of thugs and castoffs that other teams didn't want and there is a reason why they didn't want them. Now I don't know if that culture has rubbed off on players like Garrett, but that incident last night sure looked like he had been training with his new teammate Kareem Hunt! Sad too, because Garrett is one talented dude!

Funny cause my brother in law and sister live in Ohio so they've become fans over the years but the last few months all I've heard from my brother in law is how it's an underachieving team full of morons

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well he's out for at least this year, which I expected. the others got suspension about in line with what was expected too.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Poor Myles Garrett... being told unkind words after he gently helped Rudolph to the ground long after the ball was out with 8 seconds left in the game.

Rudolph isn't blameless, but Garrett started it, escalated it, and then lost his ever-loving mind. Thug.

Reaction score
Anyone else feel like they were watching this last night?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
What was ironic is Michael Strahan had just shown Terry Bradshaw get body slammed back in the day. He’s lucky he didn’t suffer permanent damage getting the WWF treatment but in real life. That grass isn’t that forgiving.

all joking aside. Had Garrett hit him with the top of the helmet like that? He could’ve ended Rudolph’s football career or worse. This needs to be shutdown completely and unfortunately an example needs to be made. It’s unfortunate it’s involving such a great athlete. Myles is a role model and he could be an inspiring role model. We can’t do this in front of kids or they’ll think it’s acceptable.
Demarius Randall has just gotten ejected after hitting a defenseless WR so hard it drew blood from his ears. Not good. He’s looking at a suspension also. The Browns are out of control. Freddie Kitchens standing silently on the sideline watching this go down was very disconcerting. This team may have talent, but they will never be successful while allowing the players to run amuck. Several Players were completely out of line last night and the Browns identity is spiraling while their leader stands quietly on the sideline. It’s as if the camera man was waiting for action as he panned repeatedly to the HC. Notta

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Elliott Wolf probably had some say in their roster too. A lot of people here wanted Wolf to be GM, but maybe it's good he was passed over.
People recognized the name and were all for it. When I asked one why, he said because he could call his dad and get advice. Murphy said he looked at their scouting reports and the choice between the two was obvious. Meaning the guys Gute liked did well, the guys Wolf liked failed.

Yeah, I wonder what Rudolph was saying to him as he charged at him, maybe a "motherf'er" tossed in? Some guys are especially sensitive when you talk about their mother like that. Anyway, I doubt it was, "Let's have a conversation and seek middle ground."

I won't be surprised if Rudolph gets a fine for escalating the matter.
"The brontosaurus is the coolest dinosaur."

Garrett has developed a reputation for being a dirty player in a pretty short amount of time.
I am completely unaware of that.

true he had to say something on the ground
I'm sure he did. But you have to be an adult. 'Sticks and stones and helmets may break my skull, but words will never hurt me.'

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Browns have a ton of talent but the biggest rap on them is that they are very undisciplined and that was very apparent last night. They lead the league in penalties (87) and penalty yards (822). The next closest team in # and yards is Oakland with 81 and 737 yds.

This is a case of the sum of their pieces, definitely do not equal the whole. Browns Owner Jimmy Haslam has to be wondering if Dorsey and Kitchens were the wrong guys to be put in charge.

I haven't observed Dorsey enough to make a comment. But I definitely agree about Kitchens. Watching several of the games, I thought that Kitchens was the wrong guy for the job and the lack of discipline IMO is on him.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't observed Dorsey enough to make a comment. But I definitely agree about Kitchens. Watching several of the games, I thought that Kitchens was the wrong guy for the job and the lack of discipline IMO is on him.

I think there is a very real chance that Kitchens is the dumbest head coach in the NFL. IMO his time there is limited.

H

HardRightEdge

I don't see a fine for Rudolph. How about a little sumpin' sumpin' for the taunt? The QB is always right, I suppose.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
People recognized the name and were all for it. When I asked one why, he said because he could call his dad and get advice. Murphy said he looked at their scouting reports and the choice between the two was obvious. Meaning the guys Gute liked did well, the guys Wolf liked failed.

"The brontosaurus is the coolest dinosaur."

I am completely unaware of that.

I'm sure he did. But you have to be an adult. 'Sticks and stones and helmets may break my skull, but words will never hurt me.'

Here's an article where he's addressing the accusation from September.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poor Myles Garrett... being told unkind words after he gently helped Rudolph to the ground long after the ball was out with 8 seconds left in the game.

Rudolph isn't blameless, but Garrett started it, escalated it, and then lost his ever-loving mind. Thug.
Thank you for this. Everyone saying Rudolph initiated the whole thing doesn't have the combined IQ of a dung beetle.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I won't be surprised if Rudolph gets a fine for escalating the matter.

I agree and it sounds like he will be. I definitely don't think he deserves anything more (suspension) than a fine, but he played a part in what played out.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/11/15/mason-rudolph-reviewed-for-fine-myles-garrett-brawl-steelers

Thank you for this. Everyone saying Rudolph initiated the whole thing doesn't have the combined IQ of a dung beetle.

Initiated it? Not really, but he added gas to the fire. Call me a dung beetle, but I think his fine will reflect his role in what happened, in other words, he wasn't an innocent bystander.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

If nothing else, I would like to thank the Browns and Steelers for giving us all something to talk about during the Packers bye week. :coffee:

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I agree and it sounds like he will be. I definitely don't think he deserves anything more (suspension) than a fine, but he played a part in what played out.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/11/15/mason-rudolph-reviewed-for-fine-myles-garrett-brawl-steelers

Initiated it? Not really, but he added gas to the fire. Call me a dung beetle, but I think his fine will reflect his role in what happened, in other words, he wasn't an innocent bystander.

If nothing else, I would like to thank the Browns and Steelers for giving us all something to talk about during the Packers bye week. :coffee:

No, he wasn't.

But he was hit late in a game that was over and in which the Browns were killing his teammates with dirty, dirty play. So he reacted. His reaction is on him. But the response to that reaction from Garrett was absolutely insane.

So no... not purely an innocent bystander. But I have seen a lot of people (still a minority, but a lot nonetheless) looking at that shot of him grabbing at Garrett's helmet saying "Ope! well there you go... he started it and Garrett just finished it" as though what we have here are two equally responsible parties.

I know that's not what you personally are saying, but it's out there and I find it laughably ridiculous. I can't wait for someone on espn or pft to make it a race issue. It's coming.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It seemed clear as day on the tape that I saw.

That Rudolph initiated it? How about the fact that the ball literally came out as Garrett got to Rudolph, and he still decided to wrap Rudolph and twist him around and drag him down to the ground?

He was trying to get an extra shot in at the other team's QB. Just like hit teammates, who were head hunting all night. That's what started the whole mess.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, I don't think very highly of Rudolph. Going after Garrett when you have two OL teammates holding him back is stupid and chickenshit.

Separate matter to what Garrett did.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Yeah, Rudolph should have calmly asked his OL to step aside before confronting the crazy person who had just hit him late and ripped his helmet off. LOL.

Reaction score
Here’s what I saw.

Rudolph tried to get away from Myles out of frustration after being slung down unnecessarily. The Offense was in a hurry up mode and Garrett was trying to impede his ability to get another play off. That QB tackle in itself wasn’t going to necessitate a flag that late in a game as it was essential over. It’s very likely Rudolph said something insulting as he pushed on Myles helmet some. It’s my opinion the combination of those 2 set Myles off.

We saw the next Browns DL push Rudolph down and Rudolph clearly called him a “*****”. I’m 99% sure Rudolph said something similar to Myles just a moment earlier. That was totally understandable after being assaulted.

None of that was deserving of having his helmet torn off his face and then getting his head assaulted with it. However, these undoubtedly led to the retaliation.
Rudolph has to understand reasonably that if he did that again he could incite someone to retaliate. He should be suspended 1 week for his part.

Myles took it way too far. Pulling off the helmet was worthy of a 1-2 game suspension in itself. Once he swung it at his head? That’s a criminal matter IMO. That’s a physical assault and could deem criminal charges. The NFL has to set a high standard for criminal type scenarios. If I bit your finger off I should go to jail etc..and pay retribution, that’s no longer an NFL rule but clearly a criminal matter.

The positive here is that Rudolph was luckily hit with the bottom padded part and not seriously hurt. He’s very fortunate he didn’t split his head open or permanently damage him. That would’ve been career ending and likely prison time. This could’ve been far worse.
Garrett will have to do a near perfect response to avoid a career ending outcome. He’s already facing millions of dollars for this. Statistically he already has.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Rudolph should have calmly asked his OL to step aside before confronting the crazy person who had just hit him late and ripped his helmet off. LOL.
Or maybe just walked away? Or do you think it is important to confront a crazy guy with a weapon?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was nothing that happened up until he tried to cave in his skull with a helmet that hasn't happened a 1000x's before in the NFL that wasn't quelled quickly and normally. It's not even part of the discussion. Ohhh no, A QB didn't like being taken down like that late and let the defender know. Tell me it ain't so. A lineman walked the defensive guy back after he ripped the QB's helmet off, usually it doesn't even take the helmet being ripped off, they get walked back anyway after late hits. and then Garrett loses all control of his senses and actions. He doesn't belong on the field. that could have ended much much worse.

It's not defending any of the prior stuff or excusing it, but a few flags and the end of a game should be all we're talking about. Garrett took this way beyond. It's about all that really bears discussing.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here’s what I saw.

Rudolph tried to get away from Myles out of frustration after being slung down unnecessarily. The Offense was in a hurry up mode and Garrett was trying to impede his ability to get another play off. That QB tackle in itself wasn’t going to necessitate a flag that late in a game as it was essential over. It’s very likely Rudolph said something insulting as he pushed on Myles helmet some. It’s my opinion the combination of those 2 set Myles off.

We saw the next Browns DL push Rudolph down and Rudolph clearly called him a “*****”. I’m 99% sure Rudolph said something similar to Myles just a moment earlier. That was totally understandable after being assaulted.

None of that was deserving of having his helmet torn off his face and then getting his head assaulted with it. However, these undoubtedly led to the retaliation.
Rudolph has to understand reasonably that if he did that again he could incite someone to retaliate. He should be suspended 1 week for his part.

Myles took it way too far. Pulling off the helmet was worthy of a 1-2 game suspension in itself. Once he swung it at his head? That’s a criminal matter IMO. That’s a physical assault and could deem criminal charges. The NFL has to set a high standard for criminal type scenarios. If I bit your finger off I should go to jail etc..and pay retribution, that’s no longer an NFL rule but clearly a criminal matter.

The positive here is that Rudolph was luckily hit with the bottom padded part and not seriously hurt. He’s very fortunate he didn’t split his head open or permanently damage him. That would’ve been career ending and likely prison time. This could’ve been far worse.
Garrett will have to do a near perfect response to avoid a career ending outcome. He’s already facing millions of dollars for this. Statistically he already has.
I would add the Rudolph was trying to rip off Garrett's helmet. I think Garret was like, this is how you rip off a helmet you little b itch

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Or maybe just walked away? Or do you think it is important to confront a crazy guy with a weapon?

I think it's 100% understandable that he got in Garrett's face after he dragged him down late and ripped his helmet off. It's obviously not "important," but it isn't "chickenshit" either. He was going what basically every self respecting player in the league would have done. He's being judged as though he should have been passionless and logical in that spot.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I would add the Rudolph was trying to rip off Garrett's helmet. I think Garret was like, this is how you rip off a helmet you little b itch

I hope he felt teaching that lesson was worth it! Because the Steelers OL and the NFL demonstrated who the real ***** is. Hint-- he's the guy not playing again this year.

Members online

Latest posts