1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

economic impact of Packer games

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Jan 8, 2012.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
  2. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  3. vancouverpackerfan

vancouverpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    I plan on adding to that number too when next season is under way. I want to fly down for a Monday Night game.

4. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,230
    ANYTIME something like this is going on the local media BOMBARDS us with "economic impact" stories. TV, radio, newspapers. I mean ok...but...it's like listening the network news during the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas, the lead story is "Look at how much money these businesses are making".

5. sped2010

sped2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    I think the fine residents of Green Bay should benefit from this increased spending. Why should the businesses have all the fun?

6. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    thats what made me feel bad for the Lions.....granted a winning season would up the economic system...but it's going to take more than football to get that city going again.

7. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,230
    You'd think so, right? Funny how all of the money spent in Oshkosh during EAA has never trickled its way to anyone but the hotel and bar owners ... all while the taxpayers of Winnebago County keep an airport w/ two runways that can handle SST's up and running while it sits largely unused all but 3 weeks out of the year. ...but hey, it's all good ... as the old saying goes, without the Packers, Green Bay would be Fargo. :)

8. sped2010

sped2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    Yeah, we spend enough on that stadium, we should get in on some of this money.

9. PackMan13x

PackMan13x Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +132
    I spent about $1,000 in 4 days in Green Bay last week. I had the time of my life and it was worth every cent. It has to be the only place in the world where I can go on vacation when it's 20-30 degrees and love every second of it. Yes, I would choose another trip there next year in December over a trip to sunny Florida in the summer. It is just that damn magical, maybe you have to be a lifelong die hard fan like me, but you can literally FEEL the presence of legends when you walk through the tunnel on to the field and they play simulated crowd noise....talk about getting chills!