economic impact of Packer games

vancouverpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I plan on adding to that number too when next season is under way. I want to fly down for a Monday Night game.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
ANYTIME something like this is going on the local media BOMBARDS us with "economic impact" stories. TV, radio, newspapers. I mean ok...but...it's like listening the network news during the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas, the lead story is "Look at how much money these businesses are making".

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the fine residents of Green Bay should benefit from this increased spending. Why should the businesses have all the fun?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
thats what made me feel bad for the Lions.....granted a winning season would up the economic system...but it's going to take more than football to get that city going again.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I think the fine residents of Green Bay should benefit from this increased spending. Why should the businesses have all the fun?

You'd think so, right? Funny how all of the money spent in Oshkosh during EAA has never trickled its way to anyone but the hotel and bar owners ... all while the taxpayers of Winnebago County keep an airport w/ two runways that can handle SST's up and running while it sits largely unused all but 3 weeks out of the year. ...but hey, it's all good ... as the old saying goes, without the Packers, Green Bay would be Fargo. :)

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I spent about $1,000 in 4 days in Green Bay last week. I had the time of my life and it was worth every cent. It has to be the only place in the world where I can go on vacation when it's 20-30 degrees and love every second of it. Yes, I would choose another trip there next year in December over a trip to sunny Florida in the summer. It is just that damn magical, maybe you have to be a lifelong die hard fan like me, but you can literally FEEL the presence of legends when you walk through the tunnel on to the field and they play simulated crowd noise....talk about getting chills!

Staff online

Latest posts