Easy Schedule?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I don't think a 8 - 8 season is all that far fetched. Eight of our games we play are against first year coaches just as we have.

2006 opponents
Home [5 - 3]
W - Arizona Cardinals
L - Chicago Bears
L - New England Patriots
W - Detroit Lions - New HC
W - Minnesota Vikings - New HC
W - New York Jets - New HC
W - New Orleans Saints - New HC
L - St. Louis Rams - New HC

Away [3 - 5]
W - San Francisco 49ers
L - Miami Dolphins
L - Philadelphia Eagles
L - Chicago Bears
L - Seattle Seahawks
L - Minnesota Vikings - New HC
L - Buffalo Bills - New HC

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2006 opponents
Home
W - Arizona Cardinals
W - Chicago Bears
L - New England Patriots
W - St. Louis Rams - New HC

Away
W - San Francisco 49ers
L - Miami Dolphins
L - Philadelphia Eagles
L - Chicago Bears
L - Seattle Seahawks

9-7 could happen. I think we could split with the bears.

One thing I cant wait to see is if McCarthy brings back the Lambeau mystique that Sherman flushed down the toilet. Under shermans watch, we lost our first ever home playoff game!(as well as the next two, right) I am not trying to bash the man, he did a lot of good things (heck of a regular season record) but things like that, really bothered me. But sherman is gone, good luck to him in N.O. I hope McCarthy and his staff make other teams afraid of coming to Green Bay again! Only time will tell.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bring Back Brett. and the numbers change.

Convince Brett to buy into this change and the numbers change.

I am not convinced that bringing back Brett is the goal of T.T. due to the wholesale changes.... But bring back a Brett on a mission to be better, be smarter, and to listen and be coached on his on field decision making challenges and the whole season changes as far as wins and loses.

Brett comes back... The new attitude from new leaders goes into effect.

Here is what can hapen

2006 opponents

Home [6 - 2 )
W - Arizona Cardinals ( This is just a win.)
L - Chicago Bears (Bears win)
L - New England Patriots (Loss here Tom Brady.)
W - Detroit Lions - New HC (Packers win, Matt is canned same day.)
W- New York Jets - New HC (Pack wins on last minute F.G.)

Away [5-3]
W - San Francisco 49ers (New coach "I told you so game. ")
W - Miami Dolphins (MM will keep this team off South Beach.)
L - Philadelphia Eagles (Team in termoil next year but the Eagles win.)
L - Chicago Bears (We lose 21-20)
W - Seattle Seahawks ( Yes a win. Superbowl hang-over ro the hawks.)
W-- Minnesota Vikings - New HC
L - Buffalo Bills - (Mike Sherman is head coach for the Bills.)

11 and 5

NFC North Championship and a playoff birth.

Reaction score
Trom I agree. The mistique needs to be restored. To go 4-4 at home is terrible by our standards! However, one thing I hope that is kept from the Sherman era is the success on the road. I would not mind that one bit.

IMO:

W - Arizona Cardinals
L - Chicago Bears
L - New England Patriots

Away
W - San Francisco 49ers
W - Miami Dolphins (I honestly think if the D can hold out to be average, we can have a chance against the Dolphins pathetic QB).
L - Philadelphia Eagles
W - Chicago Bears
W - Seattle Seahawks (they have Alexander and a key Guard as FA's)
W - Buffalo Bills - New HC (we can win because of the fact that Moulds is a FA, there D might loose its elite CB, Milloy and Dawkins aren't getting any younger. The funny thing is someone said to me that Sherman could very well be the next Bills coach, as he as an interview tommorow.)

I say a 12-4 record is definitly possible. However, that is just me being optimistic and hoping as a fan. Either way, next year could be the year things turn around after the disaster of a season this season.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stick with 9-7. If brett comes back and all those other cards fall into place, im sure mccarthy is going to have some growing pains. I hope not, but id rather have one year of "why did he do that" calls than 5 of them with the sherm (good luck in n.o.)

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once the team has been formed, especially at QB, can we even begin this debate! With that in mind we could go 16-0. Can we ever get a year w/o the F...ing Eagles.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
2006 opponents
Home
W - Arizona Cardinals
W - Chicago Bears
L - New England Patriots

Away
W - San Francisco 49ers
L - Miami Dolphins
L - Philadelphia Eagles
L - Chicago Bears
L - Seattle Seahawks

One thing I cant wait to see is if McCarthy brings back the Lambeau mystique that Sherman flushed down the toilet. Under shermans watch, we lost our first ever home playoff game!(as well as the next two, right) I am not trying to bash the man, he did a lot of good things (heck of a regular season record) but things like that, really bothered me. But sherman is gone, good luck to him in N.O. I hope McCarthy and his staff make other teams afraid of coming to Green Bay again! Only time will tell.

With a schedule like that, we can have a better record. I guess 10-6, at least.

PackerCoz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
tromadz said:
2006 opponents
Home
W - Arizona Cardinals
W - Chicago Bears
L - New England Patriots

Away
W - San Francisco 49ers
L - Miami Dolphins
L - Philadelphia Eagles
L - Chicago Bears
L - Seattle Seahawks

I agree PackerChick... With a schedule like that, we have to be at least 10-6 overall. Yes, McCarthy will have some growing pains, but our team is not at all even close to the 4-12 we had to endure this year. We are a smidge under being a playoff team. But with Coach McCarthy's fire, I think we will make the playoffs next year... Thats right folks, you heard me say it... Our Pack will be back next year.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
I don't think a 8 - 8 season is all that far fetched. Eight of our games we play are against first year coaches just as we have.

2006 opponents
Home [5 - 3]
W - Arizona Cardinals
L - Chicago Bears
L - New England Patriots

Away [3 - 5]
W - San Francisco 49ers
L - Miami Dolphins
L - Philadelphia Eagles
L - Chicago Bears
L - Seattle Seahawks
Nice thought. But everywhere where you have New HC and a W next to it probably isnt going to be true. Dont forget. We just hired a new hc too!!!!! It isnt going to be any different at all for us than other teams.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
Nice thought. But everywhere where you have New HC and a W next to it probably isnt going to be true. Dont forget. We just hired a new hc too!!!!! It isnt going to be any different at all for us than other teams.

I stated we have a new coach as well in the intial post so :p lol

I think our schedule is easy and I don't have faith in the other HC's doing very well. Our team was decimated with injuries last year and we were 'in' all the games for the most part til the last wanning minutes of the game. Remember for much of the season we scored more points then gave up!! (thanks Saints!)

I think TT did the right thing by firing sherman more now thinking of this record. This first year with such a soft schedule an players back from injury another solid draft plus free agents will give McCarthy confidence if he and the packers do well this year.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerCoz said:
PackerChick said:
tromadz said:
2006 opponents
Home
W - Arizona Cardinals
W - Chicago Bears
L - New England Patriots

Away
W - San Francisco 49ers
L - Miami Dolphins
L - Philadelphia Eagles
L - Chicago Bears
L - Seattle Seahawks

I agree PackerChick... With a schedule like that, we have to be at least 10-6 overall. Yes, McCarthy will have some growing pains, but our team is not at all even close to the 4-12 we had to endure this year. We are a smidge under being a playoff team. But with Coach McCarthy's fire, I think we will make the playoffs next year... Thats right folks, you heard me say it... Our Pack will be back next year.

I agree on being back. You sound familiar. Were you here before or the other forum we were on?

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

2006 opponents
Home [5 - 3]
W - Arizona Cardinals
L - Chicago Bears
L - New England Patriots

Away [3 - 5]
W - San Francisco 49ers
L - Miami Dolphins
L - Philadelphia Eagles
L - Chicago Bears
L - Seattle Seahawks

i laugh at a post where a guy predicts a w-l record b/f he even knows who will be on the roster next season.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
i laugh at a post where a guy predicts a w-l record b/f he even knows who will be on the roster next season.

glad I could entertain you... now entertain me by taking that stick out of your *** with your teeth :p hahaha all in good fun ;)

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2006 opponents

This schedule seems so easy that we should go to the playoffs. That is if Favre comes back to lead us again.
Home
W - Arizona Cardinals-We better win this one
W- Chicago Bears - I still think the Bears are overated
L - New England Patriots
W - Detroit Lions
W - Minnesota Vikings
L - New York Jets Pennington back Jets are good in the cold
W - New Orleans Saints-Vince Young won't have a chance in his first game in the Frozen Tundra
W- St. Louis Rams

Away
W - San Francisco 49ers-
L - Miami Dolphins there gonna be good
W - Philadelphia Eagles I'm tired of watchin the Pack lose in Philly, its time to kick their ***
W - Chicago Bears
L - Seattle Seahawks
W - Detroit Lions
L - Minnesota Vikings- lucky win for the Vikes
W - Buffalo Bills

11-5 and a playoff run for Favre.

Weissman1989

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
W - Miami Dolphins (I honestly think if the D can hold out to be average, we can have a chance against the Dolphins pathetic QB).

wow really suprised you would write off ferotte, hes not that bad... he scares me.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only real thought I have about Frerotte is when he jammed his neck celebrating while playing for the Redskins...that has to rank as one of the most ridiculous ways to get hurt in sports ever!

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no easy schedule in the NFL any more, since competitive balance. Most predictors didn't expect the Seahawks and Steelers playing each other in Super Bowl 40. Every year NFL teams turn their losing season of the year before in to a winning season the next year. The Bears , Cowboys, Redskins, Dolphins, Bucs just to name some who had winning records in '05 and losing records in '04. As far as playing the Eagles in Philly a lot, the Packers have to play the schedule that NFL gives them.Just like pre Super Bowl Packers in those first years under HC Mike Holmgren of 90's. The Packers had to play the powerhouse Cowboys many times in Dallas and lost every time, but then turned it around and beat the Cowboys bad in Green Bay. The Eagles may no longer be the powerhouse they were in the Past. Hopefully the results of Packer-Eagle game in Philly will be in Packers favor this year.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PWT36 said:
There is no easy schedule in the NFL any more, since competitive balance. Most predictors didn't expect the Seahawks and Steelers playing each other in Super Bowl 40.

When has there been a time the predictors were correct?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
  • L - Chicago Bears
    W - New Orleans Saints
    W - @Detroit Lions
    L - @Philadelphia Eagles
    L - St. Louis Rams
    [align=center]BYE WEEK[/align]
    L - @Miami Dolphins
    W - Arizona Cardinals
    L - @Buffalo Bills
    L - @Minnesota Vikings
    L - New England Patriots
    L - @Seattle Seahawks
    W - New York Jets
    W - @San Francisco 49ers
    W - Detroit Lions
    W - Minnesota Vikings
    L - @Chicago Bears

After three weeks.
2 out of 3 were right(easy). I still think we go into the bye 2 - 3. Which means I have to say we beat the Rams.

I think we get swept by the Vikings and Bears, but to make up for one of those two losses I think we top the Bills. So around 7 - 9 I think is pretty reasonable.

If Houston beats Buffalo I say the Packers can beat the Bills too which would bring us to 8 - 8. If I did my math correct.

Members online

Latest posts