1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Eagles dream team?

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by Bogart, Aug 13, 2011.

1. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +964
    Well, I guess come January we will know one way or the other. It's a long road. This is all I have to say about the Philly hype.

They have two of the best corners and Samuels, but who is gonna cover the other two receivers? If they blitz away, then Grant and Starks will get more carry's. Who's gonna stop Finley?

I haven't seen any great upgrades on Offense. We kept Vick in check during that playoff game. Our defense is a year smarter and now Capers will be able to open his playbook.

Bring em on. ARE WE THE DEFENDING CHAMPIONS OR NOT????

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,953
    This reminds me of a debate I had in Jan of 08 about the Packers/Giants game

People were so dead set the Packers would bounce them out..I wasnt so sure just because of what the Giants were doing in the playoffs.

I was looked down upon and asked why wasnt I in the Packers corner..

I hope to GOD Philly doesnt end up being as good as they appear to be

But dont say I am not a real Packer fan because I think another team might be better

3. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,953
    Seems like Neal has issues staying healthy just like Jenkins...

So if he isnt playing he cant be as good as Jenkins

4. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    Do you expect me to believe you knew Neal would get injured? Are you telling me you based your position earlier on the expectation Neal would get hurt? Why didn't you prove your psychic abilities by saying so before Neal got hurt?

5. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    He is psychic, I've tested him multiple times.

6. DevilDon

Ratings:
    +445
    I'm throwing a flag Kitten. The proof has to be in a post, not friendly backup from another poster.
    But nice try, replay shows it wasn't predicted.

7. DevilDon

Ratings:
    +445
    Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Morgan Burnett/Charlie Peprah, Nick Collins, Charles Woodson
    Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Jermichael Finely, Andrew Quarless, DJ Williams, James Starks, Alex Green
    It's not like the Packers stood still. Probably the most versatile and talented DB in the league, probably the most talented WR/TE/RB receivers corps in the league.
    Yep, some luck would help. It's not luck, it's a talented roster. The Packers are LOADED!

8. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,953

LOL!!

My point was that you had an excuse that Jenkins was injured a little to much. and now Neal seems to be getting injured too...

Just cant always say one way is the right way, because you just never know

9. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,953
    I thought argument was that on "paper" Philly are champs but chemistry might not be there..Just cuz the new free agents they got are talented, you cant say they push them over the top....

Wasnt that what everyone is saying?

So you or anyone else putting our rookies out there like that, isnt that saying the same thing?

I wouldnt count on our rookies yet..

10. DevilDon

Ratings:
    +445
    Precisely the point. You can't count on any of it until they put the pads on. I was merely pointing out that the other teams weren't standing still while Philly was assembling free agents. The Packers build their championship teams a little different.

11. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    I'm kinda confused at where you guys are in the argument. If you're talking "on paper," stay "on paper" and not in real life with all the different variables regardless of how meaningless "on paper" is.

"On paper," we're the better team by a little.

12. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,953
    I think on paper the Eagles have the better defense...Offense we do by a bit..

Just depends on how Philly gels..If we are to met them in the playoffs (if both rosters stay the same as it is now) then I will be very worried

But dont blast me cuz that is my opinion..

13. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    Are you considering the coaching staff as well btw?

14. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,427
    If you are talking strictly "on paper" than that narrows the gap between them and us significantly. I'll give the Eagles that, they've put up one hell of a roster in a short period of time ("on paper") but that is where it ends. If we really want to get into this hard core, let's start comparing each position "on paper" and see what we got. That will drive us to madness! When all is said and done, the Packers still have an advantage "on paper", no matter how you look at it. But to be honest, a lot of the times "on paper" proves to be worthless at the end and is often very deceptive. I go by what I see out there on the field. Hard core reality, not something that should be, according to what it written on paper.

I really think we need to give it a rest about these bloody Eagles. Finley hit the nail right on the head. Why are WE even worried about them? They should be worried about us, and according to their owner, they are. How about some confidence and faith in our Packers! Screw the Eagles!

15. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,953
    Yes..This is the same coaching staff for most part that got them to how many NFCCG? And a SB, all be it a few years ago..But they are capable...

What is our one weekness, prob s/t???....Can only keep Philly s/t unit down for so long..

It took a interception in the end zone, and a few missed f/g for us to win last year in playoffs...

It wasnt like we were leaps and bounds better then them..And we havent really upgraded our D other then getting some injured players back..Whom btw are not really proven for a whole season..

Our offense played pretty good vs their D in the playoffs....But, Philly's D added proven players..It only depends on if they gel, which I think they will..

Philly isnt ran like the Skins, or other teams that over spend for free agents..

Please dont blast me..That is how I feel..

16. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,427
    No blasting, you are making some good points, LTF. Some of them we don't like to think of or admit to. They are perhaps a lot closer to us than we realize but I'm still going with the Pack over perhaps a slight margin. The Eagles went all in this year, they put everything into it just to try to come close to matching us. The Packers set the bar pretty high, and the Eagles and all other teams are trying to catch us. Can we rank them 2nd in the NFC (behind the Packers #1) and be happy with that? I think that would be fair and maybe a good look at how the NFC championship game may go down this year.

17. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,953
    Got to add Saints and Atlanta there too..

People can make a case for all four of us when ranking 1-4

18. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +606
    The Dream Teams Looking Good!

Big Ben is looking like Tom Brady against supposedly the best team in the NFL! 2 drives, 2 throwing touchdowns.. Looks like Rodgers-Cromartie and Asomugha make a huge difference. Funny how a defensive lineman and 2 corners can make the NFL community forget about their whole linebacker and safety core.

Update: Also, Vick is looking like a top 5 QB with his 3 interceptions in 5 possessions!

19. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    Watching, however, reminds me just how much I despise Hines Ward.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TCHickman24

TCHickman24 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +79
    The "Dream Team" showed up tonight against Pit... Eagles were sloppy and picked apart! I know its still early but just shows how u cant buy a superbowl.

21. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +606
    Never a fan of that guy

22. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
    Man the Bucs and Eagles 1st teams look terrible out there. Good for us I guess.

23. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +606
    Ya.. It's funny how 2 of the most hyped teams in the NFC are doing bad. Just counting the first team offense/defense.

24. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    It's because we're talking about fringe NFC teams against top AFL competition...

And the Eagles are trying to emulate the Packers. Can't do that without Rodgers, Matthews and Woodson...

25. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    It's not the same coaching staff LT...

The OL coach is calling the defensive plays. Not HoF DC Jimmy Johnson.