1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Eagles dream team?

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by Bogart, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    How many starting quarterbacks play the whole first half of the 2nd preseason game? How many throw 3 interceptions in a preseason game?

2. maccadon3000

maccadon3000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +28
    Yep. Dream team alright....comatose.

3. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +466

Well, a nightmare is a dream too. Can you imagine what will happen if the Eagles SUCK this year?

4. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,383
    I noticed that Cullen still is only average versus the run as well...and the Steelers CAN run.

5. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    Good point.. They are good only in dreams so now why the analysts are calling them "the Dream Team".. Makes sense now!

6. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Don't get too cocky or gloat just yet.
    It's just a preseason game.
    And preseason is all about fixing mistakes and getting ready for reg. season.

When, not if, the Eagles blow chances in reg. season games, that is the time to gloat.

• Like Like x 1
  7. cupacker

cupacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    easy, it's just preseason. it's hard to take anything from preseason, even when someone's doing bad. it's just not the same as playing in the regular season...

• Like Like x 1
  8. greenandgold

Ratings:
    +466
    Still, the first string QB throwing almost more interceptions than completions?

9. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Now you know why he would have welcomed Brent to the team.

10. greenandgold

Ratings:
    +466
    Brent Who??? :kawaii:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    Exactly. Preseason is meant for mistakes to be made, but seriously. 3 Picks in the first half? There's a difference between a 1 bad read and 3 passes being forced like Brent would do on occasions.

12. PackerChamps

PackerChamps Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Dream Team aka creamed team

The dream team in Philly has a lot of jelling to do if they are going to go undefeated and surpass all NFL season records.

Pittsburgh giving them a little taste of what playing a SB team is going to be like. Its preseason but they are totally not working on the same page. Lots of picks thrown by both HOF QB's in Vick and Young.

On the other hand, considering out middle linebacker depth, I wouldn't mind having 2 Matthews in the lineup for the Packers. Casey needs experience, but he is showing a lot of what is brother did his first year.

13. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,429
    It can't be DC Jimmy Johnson anyway. He passed away a few years back. :(

14. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,131
    yawn. pre season. indy is like 2 and 18 the past 5 years or something insane during the preseason. Lions went 4-0 in the preseason the year they lost every real game.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,131
    why do we have 3 running threads on this? Its the preseason. this in no way says one way or another if they will be in the SB or will run the NFC. I understand the hate, but might be jumping the gun a bit here guys.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Until I read this I didn't know what happened to Casey.
    Too bad he ended up with the Eagles.

17. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Yeah and why are we even bother discussing:
    A) Other teams but the Packers
    and
    B) A team the Pack won't even play during reg. season?

18. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,131
    And Flynn is outplaying Rodgers in the preseason too. Not going to worry much about that either. Did think it was interesting though.

Its not like the Steelers are a bad team.

19. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994

I merged them all

And we had 2 extra cuz people are worried Philly might be good, so every loss no matter pre season or not, its a chance for them to gloat

20. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,131
    gloating over a preseason loss? ... its going to be a long season.

21. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
    If what we saw was an indication of the Eagles 1st team Defense in the first half, man there's no need for Rodgers to crush their secondary...Starks and Grant can run all over them all day. That DL looked super soft and LB got pushed around so easily. This wasn't about missed assignments or looking lost. They plainly got physically manhandled. And this is assuming they're our main competition in the NFC playoffs if they even make it. That ESPN guy who put the Giants are favorites, I thought he was an idiot at first, idk about that anymore.

22. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607

It's not the loss that anybody is worried about. Preseason or Postseason, Play in and play out the Eagles really didn't even show a glimpse of what any of the hype was about. Anybody who watched the game would understand that. Preseason games are meaningless, but the actual play that goes on in those games are the full potential of those players on the field. Michael Vick didn't play the whole first half because he thought he was in a rhythm. Just saying! Yes, they will get those kinks out, and that is what the preseason is for. But, they do have some players that play with a high risk, high reward. Vick (Tried to make too many plays deep down the field which resulted in 3 picks), Samuel (Bit on a route and got burned deep for 6), Rodgers-Cromartie (Gave up many receptions due to trying to guess routes), Jenkins (Lack of containing the runningback), etc. Chances are that in the long run, it will hurt them.

23. gbforever

gbforever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +64
    F*** the Eagles, F*** the Bears, F*** the Vikings, F**** any team that isn't THE WORLD CHAMPION GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

24. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    I dont think one preseason game is a reason to say they will suck..And if they blew Pitt out of the water I certainly wouldnt say they will continue it all season..

Its preseason for a reason, this year it is a much more different preseason then what we are used to..

I hope to god they suck all season long, but I think chances are they wont

25. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I see Vick threw 3 picks last night, and just watching the highlights I learned a few things

The Steelers O-Line still is pretty bad, but Big Ben did his thing. He performed great under pressure.

Eagles secondary looked bad.
    They were leaving targets WIDE OPEN as they are known to do when playing a good team. That one touchdown that put Pitt up 14 to 0 is a good reference. They will probably fix this late in the season, but most of the problem is how they blitz just about every down.

Michael Vick was under heavy pressure
    Pittsburgh's genius Dick LeBeau managed to throw everything into a package to keep Vick maintained.
    Don't get me wrong, Vick is a good quarterback, but the Steelers had him in check with pressure and keeping everyone covered, along with the heavy pressure forcing him to throw picks. That is how you stop Michael Vick. I'm sure other teams will learn from that.

And finally it's just preseason. The Steelers looked great, the Eagles looked like crap.

I would be more worried about Pittsburgh than Philly this year, cause the Eagles are going to be the Miami Heat of NFL, as in all hype and media attention. Maybe if Michael Vick was as big an a-hole as LeBron James, everyone would really hate them then.

• Like Like x 1