Eagles dream team?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have two requests for my fellow members of Packer Forum:

1) Can we stop making threads about the "Dream Team" already? 10 really is enough. We don't need any more.

2) Can we also stop talking about them? We're giving an awful lot of attention to a team that we don't and won't play this season. We all know they're terrible. Their season is over, they won't make the playoffs and their only role for the rest of this season is to play spoiler. There's no sense even talking about them anymore.

Thank you for your cooperation.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Firing the head coach at midseason worked for the Cowboys with Wade. Anytime something goes wrong, the first person people blame is the head coach. With Wade, it was entirely plausible. I've got to stick up for Reid here. The Eagles have a lot of problems and there are a lot of unanswered questions but they are not the singular fault of any one player or coach, least of all Reid. If anybody should be sacked it should be the offensive coordinator. I'm drawing a blank on his name right now but he was moved from defensive coordinator to offensive coordinator this year and I think that move proved disastrous. If they don't fire him they should at least move him somewhere else and start shopping for a new offensive coordinator.

I'd like to hear your reasoning on why Reid should be fired. Do you think the Eagles disaster of a season is his fault? Do you think he could of done anything differently to save the season? What would you of done if you were him? I have to wonder if they do fire him, are they going to just say screw all of you and clean house. That's extreme, but knowing Philly sports, you can't configure logic into the equation.
Who said anything about firing Reid at midseason? Exacto momma the first person who gets the axe when things go bad is the coach. I have given you my reasoning. They went crazy for free agents and the pudding went sour. So who made the change of the offensive coordinator to defensive coordinator? Same name keeps coming up, it's Andy Reid. Yep, I blame Andy Reid for what has gone wrong and the evidence is all over the place.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have two requests for my fellow members of Packer Forum:

1) Can we stop making threads about the "Dream Team" already? 10 really is enough. We don't need any more.

2) Can we also stop talking about them? We're giving an awful lot of attention to a team that we don't and won't play this season. We all know they're terrible. Their season is over, they won't make the playoffs and their only role for the rest of this season is to play spoiler. There's no sense even talking about them anymore.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Who is this "dream team" you keep talking about? I googled it and all I came up with is "The Green Bay Packers." Can we talk about them?! :)

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who said anything about firing Reid at midseason? Exacto momma the first person who gets the axe when things go bad is the coach. I have given you my reasoning. They went crazy for free agents and the pudding went sour. So who made the change of the offensive coordinator to defensive coordinator? Same name keeps coming up, it's Andy Reid. Yep, I blame Andy Reid for what has gone wrong and the evidence is all over the place.

Not you, I was thinking the Eagles would fire a coach mid season just to make it look like they were doing something. You make some good points about Reid, but you fail to convince me that it's grounds for firing him. It's not enough. That's the reason I referenced Wade. He deserved to get fired mid season, the Cowboys really didn't have a choice. The Eagles do. Furthermore, a lot of the Eagle's players have spoken out in defense of their coach. They were worried how they perform on the field, (they suck), will reflect on their coach. They had his back and said to blame them, not the coach.

I agree with completely with them going FA happy. They tried to buy a SB and failed. The Phillies attempted to buy a World Series by loading up their bullpen with aces. They forgot about how important it is to have an offense. I think what the Eagles need is more time to gel. I don't know. But to be honest, their failure is music to our ears. It's much more pleasant to be sitting here arguing over whether not Andy Reid is going to get the sack then arguing over whether or not we think the Packers could beat the Eagles if they had gelled and were a threat. I honestly couldn't be happy debating Andy Reid's fate with you right now! :) Maybe they will fire him and pick up Wade!

Members online

Latest posts