E.J. Gaines?

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We cannot draft another CB. Rookie CBs in the first round are hit or miss. Could be a #2 CB. Let's bring in a young veteran CB. Who else is left in free agency? Thoughts?

VegasPacker

Cheeseman of the Board
Reaction score
Umm...yeah sure! Please

Too bad we aren't making the decisions though. It's BEYOND obvious for those with a brain in their skull that we need another CB. Unfortunately the CB market is just about dried up because our GM was too busy making it easier for the Bears to lock up Kyle Fuller long term instead of investing his time more wisely bringing in CBs (who we actually had a chance of getting) in for meetings.

I'm with you, I don't like the idea of drafting another rookie CB, ESPECIALLY at #14 overall. CBs take a very long time to develop and mature their game. We already have one Kevin King who's still trying to find his way.....we don't need to add another rookie opposite of him.

IMO Gaines should have already been signed along with Jordan Matthews!

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like Gaines or DRC AND Jaire at 14, to be honest. Unless we trade up into the top 10 for Fitzpatrick, James, Nelson, Edmunds, Chubb, or Barkley.

VegasPacker

Cheeseman of the Board
Reaction score
I'd like Gaines or DRC AND Jaire at 14, to be honest. Unless we trade up into the top 10 for Fitzpatrick, James, Nelson, Edmunds, Chubb, or Barkley.

My head would EXPLODE if we made a big move and traded up to say #4 (Cleveland) to take Minkah...he's the best and most instinctive DB I've seen in years. Could you imagine the creativity Pettine could have with him?? That's my dream scenario right now. I would GLADY trade our 1st next year to Cleveland if it meant landing a potential 10 year Pro Bowl caliber DB like Minkah.

OP
OP
McKnowledge

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Umm...yeah sure! Please

Too bad we aren't making the decisions though. It's BEYOND obvious for those with a brain in their skull that we need another CB. Unfortunately the CB market is just about dried up because our GM was too busy making it easier for the Bears to lock up Kyle Fuller long term instead of investing his time more wisely bringing in CBs (who we actually had a chance of getting) in for meetings.

I'm with you, I don't like the idea of drafting another rookie CB, ESPECIALLY at #14 overall. CBs take a very long time to develop and mature their game. We already have one Kevin King who's still trying to find his way.....we don't need to add another rookie opposite of him.

IMO Gaines should have already been signed along with Jordan Matthews!

Idk about Jordan Matthews. Green Bay needs a Rocket Man at #2 WR that can vertically stretch the defense. Matthews is a possession guy. He would be redundant along with Davante Adams, who's interchangeable as a #1 and #2 WR. It would ideal if Green Bay went after Terrelle Pryor with a 1 year deal slightly higher than the veteran minimum for his services. Great size: speed ratio and if fruitful would be a win-win for both sides.

http://www.spotrac.com/blog/nfl-minimum-salaries-for-2016-and-the-veteran-cap-benefit-rule/

Last edited:

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We cannot draft another CB. Rookie CBs in the first round are hit or miss. Could be a #2 CB. Let's bring in a young veteran CB. Who else is left in free agency? Thoughts?

Best still available? Probably.

5'10" - Not great length.

Has missed 26 games in four seasons.

Food for thought.

OP
OP
McKnowledge

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Food for thought.

I shave done research. His measurements and injury history isn't protypical, but he's a young vet. He'll come cheap and could fit Pettine's scheme. Anything other than another rookie.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I shave done research. His measurements and injury history isn't protypical, but he's a young vet. He'll come cheap and could fit Pettine's scheme. Anything other than another rookie.

But I thought all CB's have to be at least 5'11 to play in the frigid winters of Green Bay?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The book on Gaines since college has been that he’s a better zone corner than man.

Last edited:

EvAn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pierre Desir is a guy I wanted us to draft years ago, I think he still had potential. I’m surprised no ones really suggested reconnecting Milkerson and Pettine with the golden man.. Darelle Revis. He’s really not that old (32) has he really lost his step that much? And if anyone can resurrect him wouldn’t it be Pettine..?

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll have an eruption if Revis comes here. Also he gave no effort on the last play of the season.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

We'll see if House comes back, but now either Gaines, Rodgers Cromartie, or Breeland are the last of the good free agents. This may change.

EvAn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll have an eruption if Revis comes here. Also he gave no effort on the last play of the season.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

We'll see if House comes back, but now either Gaines, Rodgers Cromartie, or Breeland are the last of the good free agents. This may change.
I’d rather have Tramon back than house.
And isn’t trusting Pettine to turn around Wilkerson in the same realm as asking him to have the same effect on Drevis?

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d rather have Tramon back than house.
And isn’t trusting Pettine to turn around Wilkerson in the same realm as asking him to have the same effect on Drevis?

Wilkerson is much younger. There was a reason why Revis wasn't signed last year until November.

EvAn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilkerson is much younger. There was a reason why Revis wasn't signed last year until November.
Wasn’t he rehabbing an injury..? He joined in November and had no camp or time to learn chiefs playbook. In Pettine’s defense he has knowledge of the scheme. At this point in free agency I really don’t think he’s a horrible option to bring into camp.

OP
OP
McKnowledge

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Food for thought.

I agree. I personally prefer 6'0'' CBs or 5'11'' at least. However, Gute should went after Melvin. The silver lining is that with limited cap space, E.J. Gaines will come relatively cheap because of those very things you've just listed. Green Bay would have the leverage, so that Gaines could re-enter free agency next year. He still better than rookies.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess (and that's all it is) is that at this point the Packers will go bargain hunting to bring in a veteran corner. Possibles: Orlando Scandrick, should he leave Washington without a contract, Former Packers Tramon Williams or Davon House, Delvin Breaux, Ross Cockrell, etc. None of these guys are ideal, but at least they are veterans.

Time will tell.

VegasPacker

Cheeseman of the Board
Reaction score
My guess (and that's all it is) is that at this point the Packers will go bargain hunting to bring in a veteran corner. Possibles: Orlando Scandrick, should he leave Washington without a contract, Former Packers Tramon Williams or Davon House, Delvin Breaux, Ross Cockrell, etc. None of these guys are ideal, but at least they are veterans.

Time will tell.

:poop: