During Pro-Bowl Mortenson comments on Favre.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mortenson said during the Pro-Bowl that he believes Favre is going to retire, because of comments he said off camera. Mortenson said Favre said off camera that there were times during the season where he looked at his watch to see when the game began so he could get it over with. And he doesn't want to be at Week 3 and say why am I doing this.

His duaghter is going to graduate and be a senior in high school and she will go off to college. I think Favre wants to spend time with her, before she goes to live her own life out. All signs are pointing to Favre retiring much more so than last year.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
**** Report****

A deer avoiding detection in the woods in Mississippi overheard Brett state that he was going to play this year if he shot himself a deer. The deer regrets that his cousin Milly was brutally gunned down shortly after overhearing Bretts statement.

*****************more to follow**************

Man this is the best confirmed news I have heard lol

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mortenson believes Favre is going to retire and PWT 36 believes he is not going to retire. Chris Havel believes Farvre is going to be back with the Packers. But none of us knows, in fact at this minute maybe Favre doesn't know either. But we will find out in about two weeks or maybe we will not. Who knows. Eventually everybody will find out. If Favre retires ,Aaron Rodgers will be the starting QB for the GB Packers in '06. But if Favre retires, I think you will see a Good veteran QB pick up by the Packers as a insurance policy, just in case Rodgers isn't ready for prime time yet!!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackwillBEback said:
Mortenson said during the Pro-Bowl that he believes Favre is going to retire, because of comments he said off camera. Mortenson said Favre said off camera that there were times during the season where he looked at his watch to see when the game began so he could get it over with. And he doesn't want to be at Week 3 and say why am I doing this.

he wore a watch up to game time?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
PackwillBEback said:

he wore a watch up to game time?

good catch, detective.

maybe though...a nice velcro watch.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Why post in third person?

Brett will retire :( I would to if I were him. He either comes back because he likes to PLAY or he quits because the team can't WIN.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When we were on the celebrity cruise with Brett's mom last year, she was asked if she knew if he was coming back. Her comment was that she would know when everyone else found out. She will be on the Player's cruise--put on by Fuzzy's--this year, and as we are going, I am going to ask her if she knows. I am also going to ask her if she thinks Brett will play for another team. There seems to be a lot of speculation about that. Have a good day all.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
carol k said:
When we were on the celebrity cruise with Brett's mom last year, she was asked if she knew if he was coming back. Her comment was that she would know when everyone else found out. She will be on the Player's cruise--put on by Fuzzy's--this year, and as we are going, I am going to ask her if she knows. I am also going to ask her if she thinks Brett will play for another team. There seems to be a lot of speculation about that. Have a good day all.

Bonita article

If anyone knows whether Brett Favre will retire or return to the Green Bay Packers for the 2006 season, it stands to reason that person is the quarterback's mother.

But Bonita Favre doesn't have a clue.

"This is coming from the mom: I know that boy hasn't made up his mind yet," she says. "Nobody knows what he's going to do, including him. It's a big decision."

To the list of reasons why Favre could call it a career after 15 NFL seasons - he's worn out mentally, he doesn't want to start over under new coach Mike McCarthy, he doesn't want to endure another 4-12 season - Bonita adds this:

Brett's daughter Brittany will be a high school senior in the fall.

"That's another factor," she says. "He's missed so much of her life. And (younger daughter) Breleigh is into everything. Brett called the other day and said, 'Mom, I don't know how you did it with four.' "

But Bonita insists she doesn't know what her son will do, despite the much-publicized recent television interview in which Favre said if he had to make up his mind today, he would retire.

"I think he'll make his decision before the spring training," she says, referring to the minicamp that typically is scheduled for late April or early May, after the draft. "Brett is honest in so many ways. He'll make his decision by then because he doesn't want to put the Packers in a spot."

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be happy now matter what Brett does. I simply want Brett to be happy and content with his life.

He deserves it.

Brett and Kenny Stabler are my two favorite NFL Quarterbacks of all time.

I would give my left nut to sit down and drink beer in a little Southern Tavern with those two.

RP

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
I..would give my left nut to sit down and drink beer in a little Southern Tavern with those two.
RP

the left one?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

or the one left?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

:wink: :wink:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we wont know for sure if Brett will retire until we hear it from Brett himself, there is just to much speculation on what hes going to do, they dont know anymore then we do....:)

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
i think he's gonna call it quits...remember folks, i've only been wrong like 2 or 3 times, ever. :wink:

Was that just today, last week....? (j/k)

I think it's a waste of time, to keep speculating.

If you want to get inside his head - go over to OfficialBrettFavre.com and post your thoughts - ask the man if one bad year in the NFL is all it takes to run him off (?) --- You and I know it usually wouldn't be, but the dude is 36 years old now.. things change.

Personally, if any of us know the guy (grabbin' face masks with Hovan, etc., then this one bad year is the least of his worries about football; maybe he was let down by Sherman's lack of Management capabilities, which (in the end) caused last year's surmise..... something Brett probably hadn't considered 'ever' happening.

Certainly, he's missed time with his Daughter - but I bet his Daughter would rather he go out with a better season ending than 2005. So does Deanna, if you can count on previous comments she has ever made. Plus I've read her postings on his Forum... this QUIT chatter doesn't read well into how she has commented to Members of that Forum, previously.

I would either go over there and post your thoughts straight to the man - or leave it lay.... he'll get around to it.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again.....it will be Mike Sherman's fault if Brett retires. You guys and your obsession with Mike Sherman is getting real old. From everything that Brett has ever said, he loved the way Mike Sherman handled the team and Brett. Keep sh1tting on Sherman if it makes the next few years easier.

Those obnoxious NFC North titles we won 3 out of the last 4 years are gonna look pretty damn good in a couple years.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Who is Mike Sherman by the way???

Get over him dudes.... Wish the man well and get back to our issues !!!

Best regards.

Rodolfo.

I disagree a bit. Shermans decisions will have an impact on the organization for a while(good AND bad). The money he spent,players drafted,etc.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
arrowgargantuan said:
IPBprez said:
arrowgargantuan said:
i think he's gonna call it quits...remember folks, i've only been wrong like 2 or 3 times, ever. :wink:

shhhhhh...

once again, arrow trying desperately to keep the "mystique" alive!!! :wink:

lol..i can't win here.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
4packgirl said:
arrowgargantuan said:
IPBprez said:
arrowgargantuan said:

shhhhhh...

once again, arrow trying desperately to keep the "mystique" alive!!! :wink:

lol..i can't win here.

ok, ok - i'll stop pickin on ya, arrow!!! beer me, buddy! :mug:

Members online

Latest posts