dual paddlehand ball catchers

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This year may be the year of the ping pong hands - Adams, Kendricks, and Bennett. The perfect storm! Really wish we would hear from the king of paddle - Jermike. He always has at least one comment to shove his foot directly into his mouth on.

Lets not forget our secondary players that have difficulty catching easy picks too...they may need rubber cement this year. cheers!

D

Deleted member 6794

This year may be the year of the ping pong hands - Adams, Kendricks, and Bennett. The perfect storm! Really wish we would hear from the king of paddle - Jermike. He always has at least one comment to shove his foot directly into his mouth on.

While it's true that Adams dropped some balls last season as well there's no doubt he had a good season in 2016. In addition it's pretty obvious Bennett and Kendricks present an upgrade at tight end yet you continue to ignore both things for some reason.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While it's true that Adams dropped some balls last season as well there's no doubt he had a good season in 2016. In addition it's pretty obvious Bennett and Kendricks present an upgrade at tight end yet you continue to ignore both things for some reason.

Some people just can't let things go. Remember, James Jones couldn't catch a cold either.

D

Deleted member 6794

when ddp has 20 drops in 17 you will all turn into paddlehand believers....

If Adams really drops 20 balls, which I highly doubt will happen, next season he will be rightfully criticized. At the moment I prefer to evaluate him based on his performance last year though and there's no doubt he put up decent numbers in 2016.

Sky King

Reaction score
I didn't notice a problem with his hands being unreliable last season as had been so obvious the season prior. Last season I noticed his feet. In particular, how shifty he was to avoid getting jammed at the line. That skill had been obviously deficient in his play the season prior. He won me over with his play.

Originally skeptical about his ankle injury in 2015, I now stand convinced that it was the overriding reason for his dismal showing during his sophomore season. Whether the unreliable hands were a synergy issue related to the ankle somehow or a separate issue, last year marked a noticeable improvement with both his hands and his footwork.

D

Deleted member 6794

I didn't notice a problem with his hands being unreliable last season as had been so obvious the season prior.

To be fair, while Adams hands improved last season he dropped two sure-fire touchdowns at Chicago as well.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
To be fair, while Adams hands improved last season he dropped two sure-fire touchdowns at Chicago as well.

To be equally fair Jordy dropped one against Buffalo a few years back that probably would of changed the whole course of that season.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be equally fair Jordy dropped one against Buffalo a few years back that probably would of changed the whole course of that season.

Just last year Jordy dropped some easy passes that would've been huge plays.

WRs drop passes. It happens.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
According to THESE PEOPLE he had the same drop percentage as Mike Evans and Torrey Smith and in the same neighborhood as AJ Green and Anquan Boldin. Fewer drops than Odell Beckham and TY Hilton albeit with fewer attempts.

D

Deleted member 6794

According to THESE PEOPLE he had the same drop percentage as Mike Evans and Torrey Smith and in the same neighborhood as AJ Green and Anquan Boldin. Fewer drops than Odell Beckham and TY Hilton albeit with fewer attempts.

I don't have access to any other numbers but realized in the past that the people wirking for Sporting Charts are terrible at assigning drops.

D

Deleted member 6794

Wasn't very confident in their numbers when several WRs had zero drops on 100+ targets.

The only information I was able to find on PFF is that Cobb had the most catchable balls thrown his way (60) without dropping any of them.

Unfortunately that's irrelevant to this discussion.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this thread really necessary?

This could be posted in every discussion...no, none of it's necessary, but it's the best thing going during the summer when it comes to football. Or would you rather talk about baseball or why Kaepernick isn't being signed (no, don't start talking about either one, please!)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This could be posted in every discussion...no, none of it's necessary, but it's the best thing going during the summer when it comes to football. Or would you rather talk about baseball or why Kaepernick isn't being signed (no, don't start talking about either one, please!)

I think the problem for Kaepernick is...Oh wait...you said don't start talking about it. Never mind. How bout them Brewers though huh? Bet no one expected them to be in first place at ... oops sorry. Just re read your post. Just disregard this entire post. :D

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some people just can't let things go. Remember, James Jones couldn't catch a cold either.
I know nobody ever talks about it because he's such a great guy and all, but Driver wasn't far behind Jones in terms of drops. From 2009-2011 Jones dropped 14.39% of catchable balls while Driver dropped 12.29% during the same span.

H

HardRightEdge

Lets not forget our secondary players that have difficulty catching easy picks too...they may need rubber cement this year. cheers!
Not rubber cement...Stickum! Fred Biletnikoff popularized the use of that sticky clear spray among Raider players. Lester Hayes even sprayed it on the front of his jersey. Hayes had a fair number of picks. Jerry Rice admitted using it. Ah, those were the days!

The gloves today are pretty tacky but I'm not sure they give you that nice combination of stick and feel.

Bring back Stickum!

Seriously, though, Nelson and Cobb have both had poor drop rate years. Maybe Rodgers should throw the ball softer rather than drilling it through tight windows or putting the ball on guys with a little more reaction lead time. ;)

Members online

Latest posts