1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Driver: I wont exit like Favre

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Aug 17, 2011.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
  2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,479
    Wow, never thought he would say things like that...Or am I reading to much into it?

3. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,798
    ...recalling how the future Pro Football Hall of Famer was traded to the New York Jets in August 2008, spent the past two seasons with the rival Minnesota Vikings and remains estranged from the franchise he once personified.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's pathetic. It really is. To turn your back on the fans of the community team who embraced him for all those years especially after those play off game let downs.
    To go to a rival team just to get revenge? WTF!? Why? You don't do that to ones who love you.

Glad to read that Donald Driver (And no doubt future Packers who will retire from the Packers) are taking a much much higher road than Brent.

4. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,479
    Read entire article...Pay attention to the very end

5. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,068
    Did you mean that part of the article, longtimefan?

I hope - no I am quite sure - that DD will retire in Green Bay.
    But he clearly says it could be business decision and that he wants continue playing if he still feels good.
    I think this is theoretical, DD is 36 now, I give him 1 or 2 more years in Green Bay.
    After that he will retire, becoming a HOFer in Green Bay and everything will be fine ;)

6. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Canadian Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +166
    If DD still thinks he can play after this season but the Packers choose to go in another direction why shouldn't he try to extent his career somewhere else...?

7. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Favre is retired

and I still hear about him.

Just a few weeks ago it was "he's coming back Gary, he's gonna play for Miami" and I tell my buddy, yeah you're pulling my leg right? And then I see it on ESPN. They have no one else to write about or talk about so they say "Favre might come back".
    The media is so far up everyone's *** these days. Not just TMZ but ESPN too and it's to a point where you wish the internet and media didn't exist sometimes.

8. Helmets

Helmets Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +222
    Driver...nothing but class.

9. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,479
    He has the right...Just as Brett did..

But I think Driver wont wait till end of June to decide if he wants to retire or not..Then change his mind two more times

10. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,479
    Yuppers..that was the part..Dont want people to miss it

11. AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan Section 121 Row 47

Ratings:
    +339
    Classy. Nice!

12. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Didn't old "you know who", aka "iphone shutter bug", say the same thing? Heaven help us...Packer fans don't need another heart wrenching emotional roller coaster like that again. I'm hoping Donald is more of a class act than that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +653
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I don't want DD to retire! EVER! However, I know he'll have to eventually and it's good to know that one of my favorite Packers will be going about it the right way. It says a lot about DD, makes me even prouder of him and proud to be a fan.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +120
    HAH! Good morning so far. This is the best!

16. ozbuc

ozbuc Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    I think the difference between DD and Farve will be drama and attitude. If Mr Driver makes that business decision and comes back to Lambeau with a different team he will be welcomed warmly.

17. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,479
    People forget...Brett did the retire wont retire summer time thing for a few years..

Then changed his mind at least two times in 08...Most got pretty tired of the game

I "think" Driver would stick to his choice no matter what...But I also think the team will cut him if he asked..At the time Brett could still play pretty well, Driver is clearly on last legs..so bit different situation

So for those trying to really compare Brett and Driver, stop...No where near the same

• Like Like x 3
  18. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    As memory serves, that waivering started in '05 and AGREE'D... no where near the same.

DD is definately a class act, and I believe will remain so,..no one will have that gag relfex happening when mentioning him whenever he does retire!

19. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Driver always welcomes Favre with open arms and receives him as a true friend but I think DD is really thinking to himself, "you dumb *ss! What were you thinking?".

• Like Like x 1
  20. TCHickman24

TCHickman24 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +79
    DD is the f-ing man!! :Bananas2:

21. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    Donald Driver represents not only a player of the highest personal integrity but also a great human being. I hope he gets to leave Green Bay on his own terms. I used to run around the office proclaiming Favre is a god. He turned out to be a self centered primadona. It is really a shame how he destroyed what would have been a legendary legacy.

Lets hope Donald gets to catch a touchdown pass in XLVI and XLVII. Then he can retire.

• Like Like x 2
  22. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
  23. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I so hope he proves me wrong and has a monster season. I don't see it, I think there's too much talent around for him to have a big year, I think he will lose some playing time to Nelson, Jones and the TEs...

It's not that his play has declined drastically, it has not. But the others around him have elevated their level.

24. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    I'll always love DD for his heart. He gives 100% all the time.

I still remember in the 2007 NFCCG, seemed like he was the only guy busting his *** out there to win. Then Farve throws the game away. I felt horrible for DD. You could tell he was thinking that might be as close as he gets to winning a SB. Very happy for him that he got his Ring.

I'd be bummed if he didn't retire in GB.

• Like Like x 2
  25. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
    Way too much class to do that crap. DD is beloved by all Packers fans, he has no reason to pull something like that to hurt us. All the sweat he put in at practice and heart in games to lead WR corps for a decade will lead him to a Packers Hall of Fame someday. Great player to be one of the faces of the franchise.