1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Driver and Saints #41

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by calicheesehead, Sep 21, 2006.

1. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm surprised no one mentioned one of the most momentum shifting parts of the game. In the end of the second, prior to Brett's INT, Driver had a great catch to get to the redzone. Then #41 on the Saints hog tied Driver and threw him to the ground to get the Personal flag thrown. I think that off setting call against Bubba was B.S. He didn't even touch the guy. He pointed and said something yet that was equal to that A-Hole picking Driver up and throwing him to the ground? B.S. Had we got that call, we would have been inside the 10 and stuck to the run.

2. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you sure we would have stuck to the run???

Remember that Mike McCarthy is the HC and he calls the plays, IF Sean Payton were GB´s HC I will bet the farm on it,,,, with Mike I wont bet a gallon of milk.

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    well hes not.

4. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

so you can guarentee that payton would have won that game on sunday if he was coaching the packers.

5. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bubba should have controlled himself better. its that simple. I can understand standing up for your fellow teamates but if you saw drivers reaction he was up and laughing. No need for Bubba to come in and do what he did. Even if it wasnt the best call in the world ;)

6. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I will take team unity over a bs call from the refs anyday. What in the world could Franks have said that would have gotten a personal foul?? He never even touched the guy, who was more than out of line. I was surprised that more Packers didn't step in after that one.

Of course that sucked, but that play didn't change the game. It didn't stop the drive or change momentum. Favre's interception was the game changer.

7. packerfanfourever

packerfanfourever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree the was a bs call, I just rewatched the game on nfl network last night didn't really see why Franks was flagged for that,

8. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Actually MM had the run personnel in there anyways but decided to change the call. This does lend itself to the notion he would have more than likely run the ball if it had been placed on the five or so.

MM said later he regretted switching the play but hey, Brett had plenty of time, no one got open, and he let it go a fraction to late. I dn't blame Brett and I don't blame MM.

It's just unfortunate because until the "D" get's it's act together we need every score we can get.