Dream Offseason

SD Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to start this off I realize a lot of this is easy in hindsite but this is how I have dreamed our best offseason possible.

First off for FA I don’t think I would I would have changed a lot right off the top. I hated cutting Jordy at the beginning but I understood it with the cap savings we got. I like the Wilkerson and Graham signings. My big change is I would not have signed Willams back especially at the price we got him. I would have signed House at the price we got him for and waited to sign Breeland to something very similar to what we gave Williams. I would have also went after Justin Pugh to help fill our RG slot. He got a pretty big contract but his cap hit for year 1 is only 3.5 million.

After that I wait until the draft and then fill holes after that. So here’s a best case scenario in my opinion. Again I know this is easy in hindsight but this is my football fantasy here. In this scenario I would have traded back with the Saints like we did but then stayed at 27. As you can see I think we still may get Alexander there but if not Mike Hughes is a very similar player.

1st Round Pick 27: Jaire Alexander/ Mike Hughes, CB

2nd Round Pick 45: Josh Jackson CB

3rd Round Pick 76: Josh Sweat, EDGE

4th Round Pick 101: Ian Thomas TE

4th Round Pick 133: Tyrell Crosby, OL

5th Round 138: Maurice Hurst DL

5th Round 147: Jamarco Jones, OL

5th Round 172: J’mon Moore, WR

5th Round 174: Duke Ejiofor, EDGE

6th Round 186: Colby Gossett, OL

6th Round 207: EQ St. Brown WR

7th Round 232: Quenton Meeks, CB

7th Round 239: Godwin Igwebuike, S

UDFA’s in priority order

1. Jeff Holland, OLB
  2. Holton Hill, CB
  3. Lowell Lotulelei, DL
  4. Simmie Cobbs, WR
  5. Desmond Harrison, OL
  6. Hercules Mata’afa DL
  7. Kevin Toliver CB
  8. Deontay Burnett, WR
  9. Josh Adams RB
  10. Akrum Wadley RB
  11. Ryan Izzo TE
  12. Sean Welsh OT
  13. Tegray Scales OLB
  14. Punters and Long Snappers

So then after that draft and signing a few of these UDFA’s we get back to adding depth with what’s left in FA. I would take a chance on Dez on a 1 year prove it deal. Preferably no more than 5 million a year but him and Rodgers could be great together and help build his value back up. Next I would sign Eric Reid. Now I know both of those would be very controversial but the controversy makes them cheaper and I feel our leadership could handle it, and with incentive laden deals we could cut them with any problems. In this scenario I also have them signing Hankins as a good backup for Clark. It would be a luxury but if we had the cash I would love bolstering that line like the eagles have done. Other options I would like would maybe be a backup TE such as Julius Thomas or Antonio Gates and maybe another veteran pass rusher such as Connor Barwin or Robert Ayers but again didn’t feel it necessary with Sweat, Ejiofor, and Beigel. And with all his that said we get this following roster.

Key: * Rookies, **UDFA, ( ) players who are cut

QB: Rodgers, Kizer, Hundley

RB: Montgomery, Williams, Jones

(Mayes)

FB: Ripkowski

(Kerridge)

TE: Graham, Thomas*

(Kendrick’s)

WR: Adams, Cobb, Bryant, Moore*,

St. Brown*, Davis

(Allison, Yancey, Cobbs**)

OL: Bahktiari, Taylor, Lindsey, Pugh, Bulaga,

Spriggs, Crosby*, Jones*, Gossett*

(Murphy, Amichia, Patrick, McCray)

DL: Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson, Hankins, Hurst*, Adams, Lowry

(Lotulelei**, Mata’afa**)

LB: Perry, Matthews, Martinez, Sweat*, Ejiofor*, Ryan, Beigel

(Holland**, Gilbert, Fackrell, Odom)

CB: King, Alexander*, Jackson*, Breeland, Rollins, Hawkins, House

(Meeks*, Pipkins, Goodson)

S: Clinton-Dix, Reid, Jones, Brice, Igwebuike*

(Evans)

ST: Crosby, Scott, Bradley

OP
OP
SD Cheesehead

SD Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now with all that said this is how I see our best lineups to start off with

Offense

QB: Rodgers

RB: Montgomery

WR: Adams, Cobb, Bryant

TE: Graham

OL: Bahktiari, Taylor, Lindsey, Pugh, Bulaga

Defense

3-4

DL: Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson

LB: Perry, Martinez, Jones, Matthews

CB: King, Alexander*

S: Clinton-Dix, Reid

4-3

DL: Perry, Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson

LB: Jones, Martinez, Matthews

CB: King, Alexander*

Nickel

DL: Perry, Daniels, Clark, Wilkerson

LB: Martinez, Matthews

CB: King, Alexander*, Jackson*

Dime

DL: Perry, Daniels, Wilkerson, Matthews

LB: Jones

CB: King, Alexander*, Breeland, Jackson*

3 High Safety

DL: Perry, Clark, Daniels

LB: Martinez, Matthews

CB: King, Alexander*, Jackson*

S:Clinton-Dix, Jones, Reid

NASCAR

DL: Perry, Sweat*, Matthews

LB: Beigel, Jones

CB: King, Alexander*, Breeland, Jackson*

CRITIQUE AWAY!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As you can see I think we still may get Alexander there but if not Mike Hughes is a very similar player.

1st Round Pick 27: Jaire Alexander/ Mike Hughes, CB

2nd Round Pick 45: Josh Jackson CB
Why stop there? I would have done the trade back then traded back again to the late 2nd round and picked up another 1st next year. Then traded my first 2nd for A 3rd and a 1st next year. Then I think Alexander and Jackson with those picks because I think they may have been available. All the same picks, but I have 4 #1s next year. Look out!

The Packers would not have traded up for a player who had a shot at still being available at 27. Alexander is a very impressive player and had he not gotten injured, was likely top 10.

OP
OP
SD Cheesehead

SD Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why stop there? I would have done the trade back then traded back again to the late 2nd round and picked up another 1st next year. Then traded my first 2nd for A 3rd and a 1st next year. Then I think Alexander and Jackson with those picks because I think they may have been available. All the same picks, but I have 4 #1s next year. Look out!

The Packers would not have traded up for a player who had a shot at still being available at 27. Alexander is a very impressive player and had he not gotten injured, was likely top 10.
Ok so then with your opinion it would be Hughes and not Jackson then. I wish I had known for 100% certainty like you that Alexander was going before 27 then I wouldn’t have made such an egregious mistake on my hypothetical situation. Lol.

Last edited:

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which Bryant WR are you acquiring? I didn't see you trading for Martavis or signing Dez in your paragraphs...unless I just can't read very well.

OP
OP
SD Cheesehead

SD Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which Bryant WR are you acquiring? I didn't see you trading for Martavis or signing Dez in your paragraphs...unless I just can't read very well.
Signing Dez to an incentive based 1 year deal. Same with Reid. I know both would be controversial but a 1 year prove it deal is worth the risk.

D

Deleted member 6794

Honestly I didn’t really know what to do with the RB depth chart. Could see all 3 starting. I like Monty with that group to flex out and have a 5 wide set.

Hopefully the Packers will use Montgomery as a receiver out of the backfield more often this season but there's no reason to start him over Jones or Williams.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Jones improves pass protection he easily our most explosive and natural runner. Though at this point I am perfectly fine with Williams being a starter for his just stick your nose in there and get it done style. Makes Jones even more effective, but i see a lot of use for both of those guys in this offense. Monty too if he can stay healthy, but at this point I'm ready to run with Williams and Jones.

Members online

Latest posts