draft report fromespn insider

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
Actually TT Ahman has said recently that he wants to stay in green bay and would be very open to a short term deal. So Green staying in GB is more likely than not. I think Ahman realizes that the nature of his injury will push his FA value very low.

this is new info to me. thanks JB. I hope to god you're right. Id like a short(1 year) cheap deal.

Ahman,Gado,herron....whooo

ldlehrer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL draft experts believe the best available player for the 5th pick is Mario Williams DE from the University of North Carolina. He is 6'7" and 290 with 4.7 speed. He is considered a play maker. He is considered another Julius Pepper. He might be too good to pass up. What to do with KJB and Aaron Kampman could be a problem. Both are quality players. They are not complete stud DEs like Julius Pepper or the former Reggie White was.
Trading down the #5 pick might make sense if Denver gave us their top 1 picks and their 2nd and 3rd picks. The Packers have many holes to fill. The Packers DE position is not a weakness, but with a top stud like the probable Super Mario it could be a difference maker.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was for aj hawk...but after seeing what carolina's defense was both with and without julius peppers, a top notch defensive end will help us out a lot, as of now i'm on the Mario Williams bandwagon, and we can still steal a solid LB prospect at #36, Iowa's Abdul Hodge?

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
i was for aj hawk...but after seeing what carolina's defense was both with and without julius peppers, a top notch defensive end will help us out a lot, as of now i'm on the Mario Williams bandwagon, and we can still steal a solid LB prospect at #36, Iowa's Abdul Hodge?

Or maybe even Greenway from Iowa. He might be a first rounder though.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gakko--Packers would to have someone this year to replace KBG who is annually is the double degit QB sack man for Green Bay if they were to trade him for draft picks. If that were possible to trade him to another team because KBG has a high price multi years contract with Green Bay, also with big salary cap implications for the team wanting to trade for him . It is also quite possible Green Bay will find out a '06 DE draft choice cannot be counted upon to be effective enough his first year to improve the Packers defense significantly.

Can the Packers count on making a deal with an excellent pash rushing DE on the Free Agent market? There are few few of those types playing in NFL right now and very, very few pass rushing DE will be available on the free agent market this year. The cost of such free agent DE , if available, would be very high and might take up most of available Salary cap dollars the Packers have this year. This might again, as in '05, limit the Packer ability to up grade their talent on their roster and to sign as many of the 15 FA players on their own roster, the Packers may wish to keep.

I think, it would be far better to keep KBG, as an insurance policy, in case the Packers are not succerssful in finding that Great pass rushing DE this year. Will the Packers sign Kampman again to a contract this year? Remember He is a free agent this year. That is the last thing the Packers need is to replace two DEs this year after Packers defense was the only bright spot on 4-14 Packer team in '05. That is, if one can say there is any bright spot on 4-12 Packer team .. And remember the defense wasn't the big problem, the offense was the problem.

Give the new DC Bob Sanders a chance to see if he can improve the Packer defense some more over last year. It may be very short sighted to cut or trade defensive players who contributed to the improving the Packer defense last year. That is, with out knowing if Packers have somebody available who will be an improvement over your own players.

Lets us not over react to the Packer's first losing season in 14 years. Hopefully the problems will be delt with this year and solved. leadiing to a Packer winning season in '06.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts