Draft Report Cards-Guess who got the worst grade

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"C"... great, how do we manage to do this stuff? Seems like everyone knew who we should have drafted except the people that count, the ones that were there making the decisions.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft report card: NFC

By Charles Robinson, Yahoo! Sports
April 24, 2005

More draft coverage:
Pick-by-pick analysis | Day 1 winners and losers

Here are my draft grades for the NFC, starting with the NFC East:

Dallas Cowboys
High marks: Cowboys coach Bill Parcells cleaned up on draft day, loading up on two big defensive ends (Marcus Spears and Chris Canty) and two linebackers (DeMarcus Ware and Kevin Burnett) for his 3-4 defense. Ware, Spears and Burnett could be starters immediately. If Canty can get healthy, he could be a late-round steal. Parcells also got quality depth in late rounds at running back (Marion Barber), safety (Justin Beriault) and offensive tackle (Rob Petitti).

Low marks: Cornerback and wide receiver needed depth, but none was more pressing than the need for defensive playmakers in the front seven.

Final grade: A-plus

ADVERTISEMENT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New York Giants
High marks: Give the Giants credit

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See, I think we had one of the lower ranking drafts...but yahoo is kind of inconsistent with what I've read, it says Marviel Underwood was projected as undrafted, I read a lot on the contrary...

I agree with everything else though, no major impact on defense--I see Poppinga and Montgomery playing certain roles but nothing important.

I think we could've had something more in Dan Cody or Justin Tuck because I don't like the thought of another year with Aaron Kampman starting. I think Antaaj Hawthorne would've been a steal in the 5th round but Jim Bates likes our DT depth...I think we could've gotten Nick Collins at 89, and this draft wouldve looked a lot better

What bothers me is how some people, including Jim Bates, are convinced that Jim Bates can turn mud into gold...he had a great defense in Miami...but he had talent in Miami...this COULD be a better defense than last year, even so I dont see it not being a weakness...more in a later thread, we have a whole summer to discuss this

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wolf use to get a lot of crappy grades too. I remember Mel Kiper ripping Dorsey Levens. I'm glad Wolf made the call on that one and not Mel.

I want to see these guys on the field before grading them.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arizonapackerfan. These draft report cards are all opinions. as you said I want too see the Packers draftees in Green/gold after training camp and judge the whole Packer draft in one , two. or three years down the road. Charles Robinson of yahoo Sports lost a whole lot of creditabily with me when he said the Packers didn't need a Wide receiver. What team was he watching in Playoffs against the Vikings. CHATMAN PR/WR!!!!!!! I hope Terrance Murphy WR/ PR/ KR makes it big time because we need all his skills!!!

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixonetwotwenty--Nick Collins is a FS from Bethune Cookman .His is 5'11'' tall weighs 206 pounds. His senior year he made 55 tackles and 6 interceptions. He is solidly built and gives a pretty good hit on the receiver. he is a excellant man to man cover player. Thompson & Sherman admit Collins will have a lot of work to do in the classroom to learn new coordinator Jim Bates system. But once he does, The Packers think they have have a player they think can contribute this season. Before you say anything about taking Collins from Tiny NCCA divsion 1 AA Bethune Cookman. Remember, he is going to try to take over the safety position held by Darrin Sharper, who went to Wm & Mary(not known as a big powerhouse in Football. Packers think Bethune Cookman played stiffer competition that Wm & Mary.)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I never liked these rankings. They don't consider where the team picks at and seem to always have an uneducated guess of what the team needs. To know the in's and out's of every single team and each of their needs vs who they picked I find hard to believe for anyone to know.

OP
OP
S

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PWT36 said:
sixonetwotwenty--Nick Collins is a FS from Bethune Cookman .His is 5'11'' tall weighs 206 pounds. His senior year he made 55 tackles and 6 interceptions. He is solidly built and gives a pretty good hit on the receiver. he is a excellant man to man cover player. Thompson & Sherman admit Collins will have a lot of work to do in the classroom to learn new coordinator Jim Bates system. But once he does, The Packers think they have have a player they think can contribute this season. Before you say anything about taking Collins from Tiny NCCA divsion 1 AA Bethune Cookman. Remember, he is going to try to take over the safety position held by Darrin Sharper, who went to Wm & Mary(not known as a big powerhouse in Football. Packers think Bethune Cookman played stiffer competition that Wm & Mary.)

thanks, i know who he is. it's just a sarcastic tagline. to justify his selection that early, i hope he does turn out as good or better than sharper.

Members online

Latest posts