Draft Question

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know the Packers strength of schedule will change drastically after playing the Bears and Seahawks in their last two games; however, I have a question.

Where would the Packers draft position be if they lost their remaining games and the Texans beat San Francisco on their last game as well as New Orleans and all of the other teams with 3 wins on the season losing out?

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions beating Saints moves New Orleans up to either #1 or #2. The Seahawks win will increase the Packer strength of schedule

For a higher pick you want Houston to beat San Francisco.
If that happens New Orleans may be the #1 pick. Packers #2.

If the 49'ers win the Packers are looking at #3.

There are other possibilities and subject to change(The Packers could be #6 or lower).

Does New Orleans want Matt Leinhart? I think if the Packers have a shot at Leinhart their pick is more tradable as more teams would be interested. #3 may not be as tradable. Opinions on that will vary.

Here is the site I'm using to track:
Draft Order with Strength of Schedule

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey CaliforniaCheez, Thanks for the link. Looks like Reggie is out of the picture and Leinhart could be taken by the Saints. I would still like to see the Pack beat the Bears, though. Still, a top 3-5 pick seems to be in the picture.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not so fast with Reggie being out of the picture. The thing I think a lot of people keep forgetting is that your s.o.s. doesn't change just with who YOU play that weekend. Every week you have to factor in the record of every single team you've played all season, and obviously, that changes every week. As of right now, if the Packers lose out and the Saints and Jets both lose their last game, and Houston beats SF all 5 teams will end up 3-13. To try and figure out where the s.o.s. will end up, you'd have to correctly predict the outcome of every game in the NFL from here on out.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know that there are as many busts and non-bust atop the draft, but I think Leinhart is much more of a gamble than Bush. He seems a little slow/clumsy to me, and his arm ain't all that. I'm no Notre Dame fan, but I watched that game and I think he lucked out and part of his rep as the ultimate leader is based on that game and overall the players around him.
I know, I know, the GMs are pros and they scrutinize the players ad infinitum, but those are my thoughts.
OK, let me have it.
Hammer

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like Leinhart either. I don't think he has the toughness it takes to be successful. I also watched the Notre Dame game this year, he took at mediocre big hit, and it seemed like he pitied himself and it was just luck that he continued playing. He didn't seem phsycologically fit. He will take much bigger hits in the NFL, and he has have to persevere, or else he will be just like everyone else.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember that too. The "great" pass he made on 4th down late in the game came within inches of being deflected, and we'd be talking about a one-loss ND team as well as a "close but no cigar" USC team right now. The fumble out of bounds near the end saved their ***, and Bush shoving him into the end zone for the game winner gives that game a little tarnish to me.
Merry Xmas, USC.
Hammer

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you talk about who the Packers will get or where they will pick, the only thing that really matters is that they find themselves an impact player. I don't care what position it is. We need someone on this team that can change the game at time during the game. We no longer have anyone like that. I'd sure like to see Reggie Bush, but I'd take Matt Leinert too. After those two who cares who they take, just find someone that can change the direction of the game in a positive way.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01,

I think you said a mouth full there! I see a number of teams willing to trade down this draft because after Bush and Leinhart? there doesn't appear to be as many impact players as there were in last year's draft? Maybe it's because I haven't paid as much attention to the draft thus far, but I just don't here the talk about as many guys as last year. Everyone's talking about Bush and then there appears to be a big drop off?

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LambeauLeaper said:
Not so fast with Reggie being out of the picture. The thing I think a lot of people keep forgetting is that your s.o.s. doesn't change just with who YOU play that weekend. Every week you have to factor in the record of every single team you've played all season, and obviously, that changes every week. As of right now, if the Packers lose out and the Saints and Jets both lose their last game, and Houston beats SF all 5 teams will end up 3-13. To try and figure out where the s.o.s. will end up, you'd have to correctly predict the outcome of every game in the NFL from here on out.

So, GB would have a shot in a 5 way tie. Thanks for the reply.

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
slackerbacker said:
packedhouse01,

I think you said a mouth full there! I see a number of teams willing to trade down this draft because after Bush and Leinhart? there doesn't appear to be as many impact players as there were in last year's draft? Maybe it's because I haven't paid as much attention to the draft thus far, but I just don't here the talk about as many guys as last year. Everyone's talking about Bush and then there appears to be a big drop off?
Which is part of the problem for the Pack. If they're not in position for Leinhart or Bush trading down may be hard because a lot of teams will be looking to do the same. It will be lucky if more than one team wants to trade up which leaves teams with lots of options and they can take the deal where they give up the least.

Tough year to have a high draft pick and want to trade down.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was my point. If the Packers are in position to take Leinhart that pick will be much easier to trade down. I want them to trade that pick not select Leinhart.

A Texan win and Packer loss puts them in #2 position. Good trade possible.

A win and the Packers are #5 or #6. Taking the player is more likely than trade down.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts