Draft picks. Who and why???

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LindyChop said:
Toronto_Cheesehead said:
Everette Brown out of FSU is another DE prospect that we should look at. He's an underclassmen, but if he declares he could be another solution to our pass rush problems. Finding a pass rushing interior linemen in the 2nd or 3rd round would help too.

Wrong, wrong, wrong! Name the last great DE or D-lineman for that matter from FSU. Andre Wadsworth....nope. Alphonso Careker (sp?)...nope..., Jamal Reynolds.....nope. Broderick Bunkley has played well but not a stud. 2 simple rules regarding the draft people.....

1) Never draft a Penn St. running back (Carter, Enis, etc.)
2) Never draft an FSU defensive lineman
PackAttackUK said:
If we we don't pick up a DE in free agency, then I'd use the #9 pick on Brian Orakpo from Texas, if he was stillavailable of course.

I think Orakpo will fit the D-Line nicely, and will cause as many problems as Kamps will from the other side. He can definitley find his way to the QB with his speed and power, and he's also pretty good at bringing down the RB behind the line too.

That's my 2 pence worth anyway :)

I think he will be around but I would rather get Maualuga from USC. He will made the linebacking corp. infinitely better and provide a bite that has been absent for years.

I would stay far, far away from FSU prospects if I were GB, the last ones worked out poorly in Reynolds and Walker. They only seem to bring trouble and disappointment in GB.

OHIOFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also hope the Pack gets Maualuga from USC, then they need to draft for the D and O-lines for the rest of the draft unless a stud corner or safety is there.