"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
What does everyone think?

A.) Play our the season hoping for the best draft pick possible

B.) get some W’s and risk Rodgers in Week 14 and go for that wild card

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't even really care for Herm Edwards, but you play to win the game. it's that simple.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You always play to win, but it isn't worth rushing Rodgers back early if the playoffs aren't a realistic goal.

We'll have a pretty good idea of what our chances are by Week 14. If we're sitting at 5-7 with little mathematical chance, you might as well shut Rodgers down. If you're 7-5 and a game out of 1st, go for it.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A. If we are somehow still in playoff contention in two months (LOL) that will mean the team did enough to keep Teddy and Capers around for another year or 17. Changes need to be made, and if that means going 2-8 or worse the rest of the way, then so be it.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
I want W’s more than anything, but I think today was a sneak preview of what life without rodgers looks like. Not putting the entire game on Hundley, but the Saints looked really bad. The defense came away with some early turnovers we could not capitalize offensively on. Final score of that game with #12 would have been 42-24.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They aren't a SB team regardless. It's time to make changes in the front office. It also may be time to change coaches. This organization has gotten fat and happy with 80 k continuing to shell out big time money. Don't renew your tickets!!!

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It appears Rodgers is already ahead of the healing curve. Docs are expecting him to be ready to resume throwing in 6 weeks. It's very possible he could be back for the final 3 regular season games. In the mean time, if we can get to 7 wins by that time, we are in the running and if we can get healthy for playoff time, we are right back in the hunt for Lombardi Trophy #5. You ABSOLUTELY play to win. Draft picks are never a guarantee and by playing for a draft pick you teach your team to lose. That's what Indy did to get Luck and they're still losers to this day.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It appears Rodgers is already ahead of the healing curve. Docs are expecting him to be ready to resume throwing in 6 weeks. It's very possible he could be back for the final 3 regular season games. In the mean time, if we can get to 7 wins by that time, we are in the running and if we can get healthy for playoff time, we are right back in the hunt for Lombardi Trophy #5. You ABSOLUTELY play to win. Draft picks are never a guarantee and by playing for a draft pick you teach your team to lose. That's what Indy did to get Luck and they're still losers to this day.
No, Indy didn't play for a high draft pick, they were just a terrible team without Peyton Manning. See a connection? I don't think anyone is advocating for the team tanking on purpose, it's just that they realize this team is just like Indy (maybe not quite as bad, but close enough) and seeing how there's no accountability from the top due to being publicly owned, it's in the best interests in the future of the organization if the season just circled the drain.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have Barclay and Spriggs as the two eligible players permitted to return. Rodgers is a 3rd choice as of now.

If Hundley doesn't do good and we miss playoffs, moot point....and if we do make playoffs under Hundley... it'll be harsh to pull him out and give back to Rodgers.

I'd say let him recover without pressure. This is Hundley's season.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
We have Barclay and Spriggs as the two eligible players permitted to return. Rodgers is a 3rd choice as of now.

If Hundley doesn't do good and we miss playoffs, moot point....and if we do make playoffs under Hundley... it'll be harsh to pull him out and give back to Rodgers.

I'd say let him recover without pressure. This is Hundley's season.
I do not think if we make playoffs will Hundley anyone on this planet would consider it "harsh" to pull him and put in Rodgers

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want W’s more than anything, but I think today was a sneak preview of what life without rodgers looks like. Not putting the entire game on Hundley, but the Saints looked really bad. The defense came away with some early turnovers we could not capitalize offensively on. Final score of that game with #12 would have been 42-24.
In another thread you did put the loss entirely on Hundley, so there's that.

But anyway. The Saints didn't come in and lay an egg. It was a pretty hard fought football game all the way thru. A mediocre QB running the show yesterday and we likely win, against a team most likely going to the post season.

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to admit at least through my 30 years of life, that we have been blessed.. At least were not the Lions ha. A carousel of quarterbacks the Browns have had, we just have to be able to ride the ship as they say. I fully would love to start with a new strength and conditioning squad, a new DC, and then go from there. I think we just have new and young guys on the field and some busts, it is part of football. I will take it game by game, if Rodgers comes back he comes back, we can fully sit back every Sunday and say, well at least we do not live in Cleveland and are Browns fans. Cheers and GO PACK GO.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
In another thread you did put the loss entirely on Hundley, so there's that.

But anyway. The Saints didn't come in and lay an egg. It was a pretty hard fought football game all the way thru. A mediocre QB running the show yesterday and we likely win, against a team most likely going to the post season.
We lost because of Brett Hundley.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not think if we make playoffs will Hundley anyone on this planet would consider it "harsh" to pull him and put in Rodgers

If we make playoffs with Hundley, I'd be fine to continue with him. No reason to hurry Rodgers recovery.

Also, his trade value just increases which is far better than high draft picks.

Mike Zak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...no one has mentioned this aspect but,...

Playing Huntley and not having him win games does NOT improve his trade value, and as a result we Amy not see a high 2018 pick for his services,...maybe only a 4th or 5th round

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point Hundley has no trade value. Anything he showed running around in the preseason 3 years ago is long forgotten. The only way for it to go is up.

I don't think he had any after this preseason either when he failed to show anything of note. These past two appearances haven't helped, but I don't think they hurt either as his value was very little to start with.

edited because I broke my rule of posting from my phone. Phones and fat fingers don't mix. ****!

Last edited:
OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
If someone can present me ONE team in the NFL that thinks Brett Hundley gives them a better chance to win a football game than their current starter, maybe I would be able to come close to buying into the "Brett Hundleys trade value is more valuable than a draft pick," statement. But seriously? In the past two games, no other QB in the NFL has looked worse than Hundley. If we are completely lucky, we may get a 5th round pick for him, but I would be happy with a conditional pick at this point. He is not a starting QB. We will be completely lucky and rely solely on our defense and run game to win a single game with him starting (likely the Browns game). Has anyone mentioned that he got to sit two years behind the best player at his position? That is something 31 other backup QBs in the NFL would kill for. He has not learned anything from #12. If anything speaks louder than 243 passing yards 30/58 1 TD and 4 INT, its the fact that all he has only learned how to use his legs to gain yards by sitting behind Rodgers for 2 full seasons. That is a character thing, not a skill thing. He is athletic, but does not have the passion and mind set to be a better football player. Not trying to pick the kid a part just put the facts on the table. Brett Hundley is not a good QB. The Packers will be lucky to win more than 1 game with him. I will be shocked if we do not see Joe Callahan within the next 3 weeks. Do not know if it will be any better, but can it get much worse than 87 yards?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Guess the game stats -- who are these guys?: Several have an MVP in the regular season or SB. All at one time were considered better than average or even elite before or after these games.
17-25, 160 Yards, 0 TD, 3 INT, 2 Sacks, 45.8 QBR
17-42, 185 Yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, 1 Sacks, 34.3 QBR
18-39, 208 Yards, 0 TD, 3 INT, 3 Sacks, 30.7 QBR
14-28, 123 Yards, 0 TD, 4 INT, 2 Sacks, 22.5 QBR
8-23, 97 Yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, 2 Sacks, 12.4 QBR
10-33, 86 Yards, 0 TD, 3 INT, 2 Sacks, 2 QBR
4-18, 27 Yards, 0 TDS, 2 INTS, 2 Sacks, 0 QBR

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley didn't play well. he can move, he can run, he can sling the ball. that's the good part, and it's a pretty good part because moving in the pocket, running when needed and throwing a strong ball can take you a long ways as a QB. he has some tools to work with. The bad part, he needs to read defenses, he needs to know when to run and when to just set up and throw and he needs to be more accurate. Those are pretty big questions and thus far the results haven't been encouraging. I haven't seen any real progress in that department from last week to this week, but 1 week also isn't defining or even 2. Nobody is coming in to help and he's going to be given a really good opportunity to get this offense going, though many more 50% or less days with less than 100 yards are going to get him put on the bench sooner than later. At least I'd hope they would.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If someone can present me ONE team in the NFL that thinks Brett Hundley gives them a better chance to win a football game than their current starter, maybe I would be able to come close to buying into the "Brett Hundleys trade value is more valuable than a draft pick," statement. But seriously? In the past two games, no other QB in the NFL has looked worse than Hundley. If we are completely lucky, we may get a 5th round pick for him, but I would be happy with a conditional pick at this point. He is not a starting QB. We will be completely lucky and rely solely on our defense and run game to win a single game with him starting (likely the Browns game). Has anyone mentioned that he got to sit two years behind the best player at his position? That is something 31 other backup QBs in the NFL would kill for. He has not learned anything from #12. If anything speaks louder than 243 passing yards 30/58 1 TD and 4 INT, its the fact that all he has only learned how to use his legs to gain yards by sitting behind Rodgers for 2 full seasons. That is a character thing, not a skill thing. He is athletic, but does not have the passion and mind set to be a better football player. Not trying to pick the kid a part just put the facts on the table. Brett Hundley is not a good QB. The Packers will be lucky to win more than 1 game with him. I will be shocked if we do not see Joe Callahan within the next 3 weeks. Do not know if it will be any better, but can it get much worse than 87 yards?
Cleveland. San Francisco, Denver, Jets. I'd say Chicago but Trubisky won in spite of completing only four passes, but how often is that going to happen?

Let me make myself clear. I do not wish for the Packers to tank the season. I just think they're not good enough to win more than two games the rest of the way as currently constructed. It's not popular to say, but we should embrace the suck and get Teddy and Capers out of here because they are clearly holding the team's success back. If a 2-8 record without Rodgers doesn't do the job, than this organization is as rudderless as Cleveland is. It would be nice to finally have a top 10 pick for once instead of a 20 something that suggests the team is better than they actually are.

Latest posts