Draft hype?

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More choices with more chances. If 50% of draft picks make it, more picks helps your odds of replenishing your team.

Hey look at the picks available(13) and what we got 2 years ago in 03:

1. No. 29 Nick Barnett LB, Oregon St.
2. No. 62: To Eagles in Al Harris trade (PHI Starting TE L. J. Smith)
3. No. 79 Kenny Peterson DL, Ohio State
3. No. 94: To Bills in draft-day trade for Kenny Peterson (Bills LB Angelo Crowell, backs up Takeo Spikes)
4. No. 127: To Bills in draft-day trade for Kenny Peterson (Bills WR Sam Aiken #3 or 4 receiver with Bills)
4. No. 128: To Patriots in Terry Glenn trade (DE Bryant McNeal backs up Simeon Rice in TB)
5. No. 147 James Lee DT, Oregon St.
5. No. 165: To Seahawks in draft-day trade for James Lee (SEA FB Chris Davis, out of football)
6. No. 166 Hunter Hillenmeyer LB, Vanderbilt (Backs up Urlacher after $100K Packer signing bonus)
6. No. 185: To Eagles in draft-day trade for H. Hillenmeyer ( Jeremy Bridges Starting RG for Cardinals)
6. No. 203: To Seahawks in draft-day trade for James Lee (NO WR Kareem Kelly out of football)
6. No. 212: (Comp.) Brennan Curtin OT, Notre Dame (recently cut)
7. No. 244: To Eagles in draft-day trade for H. Hillenmeyer (PHI DB Norman LeJeune out of football)
7. No. 245 Chris Johnson DB, Louisville
7. No. 253: (Comp.) Deandrew Rubin WR, S. Florida (TB #5 or 6 WR)
7. No. 256: (Comp.) Carl Ford WR, Toledo (WR Bears)
7. No. 257: (Comp.) Steve Josue LB, Carson- Newman (LB Ravens)

Note the NFL does not permit trading of compensatory picks(Wells would not have arrived) or Sherman would have traded them.

Now that 2003 draft is making a pig's ear out of a silk purse!! We had 11 picks not including trades for Al Harris and Terry Glenn. We traded up/away and have 3 on the roster (Johnson won't make it) after 2 years from those 11 picks.

2005 we started with 7 picks (thanks to trades for Truluck + Combs), traded down/away and got 11 picks.

A 3rd round pick was turned into Underwood, Hawkins, Bragg, Campbell, Whitticker.

The odds are more than 3 of the 11 picks will be on roster in 2 years and more than 1 will be starting.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We lost Hunter in order to keep 2 punters and Chicongo picked him from waivers and the guy seemed to have played well for them,, I hate to loose the guy I liked his name for a LB.... :twisted:

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A while back I went back to the draft forum for draft day on the Chatters forum. It was one of the most humorous experiences I've had. Talk about chicken littles. You would think that more people were going to throw themselves from windows than in the '29 stock market crash. Fun reading, if they've got their site back up with everything that was there prior.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
No, Hillenmeyer was cut so we could keep Jamal Reynolds a year before B.J. Sander.
Hillenmeyer can play. He may start with Urlacher and Lance Briggs this year.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
AWESOME POSTS!!

But can we get back onto the subject?

I do not recall if we had this much hype about last years draft picks. Can anyone elaborate or will ya all jus keep going off in a different direction? Silly posters!!!

I ask because maybe we're setting ourselves up for disapointment like maybe we did last year.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Whitticker is who I'm most excited about. He is huge and can move a little bit. Collins is proving to be 2nd round caliber. Hawkins is a big suprise.

This is not hype. Look at the groaning in April during the draft because there was no hype. These guys have earned their roster spots. No hype involved.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts