draft day predictions

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so who has some draft day predictions?

ill go first. since the nfl is inviting 25 or so players to the draft I bet someone sits in the green room til Sat. It might be a reach but oh well. Oh and the vikings will draft a QB in the first round.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
so who has some draft day predictions?

ill go first. since the nfl is inviting 25 or so players to the draft I bet someone sits in the green room til Sat. It might be a reach but oh well. Oh and the vikings will draft a QB in the first round.
I'll go with that. I think the Vikings will pick a QB in the first round. Not sure if it will be at 12 though......

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please no, I actually like Christian Ponder. Make it Locker.
I also think that, in the Vikings' system, Ponder is an immediate improvement, and can lead that team to the playoffs.

I don't take him as an elite QB ever, but as a very good West Coast QB. And with Peterson, Rice, Harvin and a very good QB, they're a good team.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
I'd almost guarantee the Vikes don't take a QB in the first round, especially not at 12. I know one of their ideal scenarios is to trade down and maybe consider a QB there, but everyone is looking to trade down and not many want to trade up that far.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I predict some QB needy team *cough* Bengals *Cough* will trade back into the back of the first round to snatch Dalton.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I predict Newton will struggle mightly in his first 3 years in the league, at least.
The most intricate play he had to memorize in college was "35".

He is very strong, he's a good leader, he knows fairly well how to throw a football, but he has absolutely no idea how to play quarterback in the NFL.

If the average for QBs coming out of pro-style systems is 3 years in the same system, to master it, how long will it take for a guy that has never done anything remotely close to what NFL QBs do to master a system? That, given that he has the commitment necessary to spend hours studying film, which is still in doubt.

Staying in "draft" predictions per se here are 3:
I predict that neither Brooks Reed nor Justin Houston will be taken in the 1st round.
Also predict Gabe Carimi will not be taken in the top 20.
Predict that no more than 1 rb will be taken in the 1st round.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
i predict only 2 qbs get taken in the first round. but i hope that everyone drafts a qb day one

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
I'm with you guys who hope for a lot of QBs to go in round one. I want someone like Carimi or Ayers to drop to us.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I predict some QB needy team *cough* Bengals *Cough* will trade back into the back of the first round to snatch Dalton.

I just finished watching NFL Network's Mike Mayock's 1st round mock draft and he has the Packers trading their first round pick to an unnamed team trying to move back in the first round to draft a QB.

Ideally we move back a few slots with Buffalo, Cincy, etc. and still draft Cam Heyward, Derek Sherrod or Brooks Reed and pickup an extra 3rd round pick.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1- OLB BROOKS REED, Arizona

2- WR/KR RANDALL COBB, Kentucky

3- OT JAMES CARPENTER, Alabama

4A- OG JOHN MOFFITT, Wisconsin

4B- CB DEMARCUS VAN ****, Miami-U

5- DL MARTIN PARKER, Richmond

6- RB NOEL DEVINE, West Virginia

7A- OT MIKE SMITH, Nebraska

7B- DE LAWRENCE GUY, Arizona St

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
red sunglasses? yeah I take back everything I said about patrick peterson.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
I'd almost guarantee the Vikes don't take a QB in the first round, especially not at 12. I know one of their ideal scenarios is to trade down and maybe consider a QB there, but everyone is looking to trade down and not many want to trade up that far.

Well I got that one wrong. Kinda glad I did too :Heristical: