Don't laugh but...

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
... I am considering keeping Josh Allen as my QB in my keeper league.

In my league we can keep all our players, none or any number in between and we simply pick up in the draft where our rosters even out with the rest of the teams. If a guy drops everyone and every other owner keeps 2 players that guy gets the first two picks. In the third round previous year standings kick in and it goes on from there. We have a deadline where everyone sends in their keepers and once we know who is keeping how many players we send out a draft order and the list of players kept. We don't know who is keeping who or how many each team is keeping.

I have OBJ, Mike Evans, AJ Green, Alvin Kamara and Aaron Jones who I will be keeping and that will likely have me picking 23-25. Its a 12 team league and pretty much all the the top 10-12 QBs will be kept and if not they will be grabbed up long before I pick.

I just think Allen will take a step up this year and given the QBs that will be available to me I don't foresee any better options (unless I keep Stafford)

The problem is if I keep him it will probably push me back 6-7 draft spots. I could drop him, see who is there when I pick, and if its no one that excites me pick him back up but if someone grabs him before I pick I'll lose out.

I know it seems strange and in a redraft league I'd be leery about having him as my starter but in redraft leagues I have lots of better options available to me.

So there you have it. My potentially first big mistake of the 2019 fantasy season. Most people have not even started thinking about it and here I am struggling over it.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun way to run a league.

The big question is will there be a better QB available at hour pick? Allen has a lot of potential, and you can probably get a below average but steady QB late. I would probably keep him

OP
OP
S

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun way to run a league.

The big question is will there be a better QB available at hour pick? Allen has a lot of potential, and you can probably get a below average but steady QB late. I would probably keep him

I've been in the league for about 20 years now. When I took over my team from another owner my lone keeper was Rich Gannon. My biggest draft splash was the year I dropped everyone because I wanted Darren McFadden and ended up with McFadden, Chris Johnson, Matt Forte, and Kevin Smith. I had the first two picks so I took DMC and CJ, the guy with the third pick wanted Forte but he didn't think I'd take him because he was a Bear and he was stunned when I took him. Not sure if I took Smith with my 4th pick or sometime after I got some other guys but he was predicted to be pretty good so I was pretty pumped and had my RBs set for a while. We can start 3/1, 2/2, 1/3 RB/WR so I wasn't worried I'd have talent wasted on my bench

I might take a few low scoring games with Allen but I think he has the potential to produce more high ones than anyone else that might be available.

Members online

Latest posts