Donald Driver gives update on his injury...

Reaction score
Packers.com interview of Driver after the morning practice:

- The problem is in his right shoulder. (Coach McCarthy added it's a reoccurring injury with the shoulder he hurt last season)

- Says the shoulder bugged him "here and there" in the off-season, nothing major.

- His shoulder hasn't stopped him from doing anything this off-season, and he says he can't do anything about not passing the physical. Driver says "I feel like I am ready to go (play)".

- He is going to be spending time in the weight room trying to make the shoulder strong enough to pass the physical, and he'll redo the physical in a couple of days.

The good thing is Driver didn't look worried about the shoulder.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow, this would be a tough loss. i wonder what the injury is about? is it a muscle strain, a tear, tendonitis?
I hope DD can t urn it around and pass a physical.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you seen Driver with his shirt off? I have, because I have 17 shirtless driver posters taped the walls of my room.......but my point is....the guy is in greeeeeat shape, and if he isn't worried about it, i'm not either.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you seen Driver with his shirt off? I have, because I have 17 shirtless driver posters taped the walls of my room.......but my point is....the guy is in greeeeeat shape, and if he isn't worried about it, i'm not either.

I'm not too worried about it either. He sounds pretty confident that things will be fine. By the way trom, nice avatar. I have high hopes for that flick.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He Failed The Physical. "FAILED"

Being that the injury happened Dec 10th of 2006 I would consider this a major challenge no matter what he looks like with his shirt off.

I heard on the radio today (ESPN 1510 In Milwaukee) that the Doctor asked him to extend his arms and them gave him a resistance test and on one of his arms he was not able to resist any pressure the doctor put on that arm.

That is a challenge. Especially because the injury happened more than eight months ago.

R.P.

I love this guy. He keeps himself in great shape all year long, but I have to ask myself if he has been honest with the team about his injury. If he does not have so much over confidence and heart that he did the team a disservice by not being honest 5 months ago and opted for surgery?

HE FAILED THE PHISICAL.... You can not down play that. I am worried about it, worried about the running game, and all of the rest is cool and good.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
easy cowboy, mccarthy said driver will be practicing next week (or something, someone get details, im lazy)

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
easy cowboy, mccarthy said driver will be practicing next week (or something, someone get details, im lazy)

Easy Cowboy? Easy I am. I am easier than a massage parlor chick in Vegas. However, this Cowboy is thinking that this horse (Driver.) is a little lame, and there is not a great deal of thoroughbreds in the corral to take his place.

If I am over reacting it is becuase Driver will make or break Brett's season.

There was a time that Brett made wide recievers, but now in the twighlight of his career, his wide recievers are going to be a big part of making Brett.

As Brett goes, so due the Packers. Reality. That is all it is, reality.

R.P.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say as Driver goes so does the Packers offense for the most part. Now if Favre is having one of those classic games then it doesn't matter who catches the ball because he's just unstoppable when he is at his best. However like RP said that doesn't happen to often any longer. I see the concern but if McCarthy is confident and Driver is confident then you should be too. However I think this is more of a concern than Morency's in my opinion.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this true??? He took a physical after season ended and all was fine...

This we know is true..He came back and now failed the physical..

While I would like to think all is going to be fine, maybe all he needs is some strength...

But for a guy like him to FAIL, there might be something more to it..