Dom Capers

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The guy's a defensive genius, and it's hard to imagine losing him to some HC job elsewhere. Packers need to do whatever they can to keep him around as long as possible..

The blitz schemes tonight were incredible to watch. Dallas got worked!

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say way overpay him like Dallas did to Jason Garrett to keep him around.

And yes, I know how that's working out for Dallas, but I have faith that we won't suck anytime soon.
+1 lol PAY THE MAN!!!!! Or just make him the head coach of green bay lol. I have nothing against MM but anything to keep Capers!

OP
OP
Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Capers has been a HC twice I believe and it hasn't worked out. It seems to happen quite a bit which great coordinators trying to be HC's. I realize it's probably a much larger pay day, but they should stick to what they're great at.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
He took Carolina to the 96 NFC Championship. Where he promptly had his *** kicked. I don't remember who did the *** kicking, though..... :)

And then he coached Houston without Andre Johnson, without Mario Williams, and with David Carr and a terrible offensive line. I don't think he had the players in Houston to be successful.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets just hope hes happy being a D cord and is happy staying in greenbay winning many supers bowls!

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He took Carolina to the 96 NFC Championship. Where he promptly had his *** kicked. I don't remember who did the *** kicking, though..... :)

And then he coached Houston without Andre Johnson, without Mario Williams, and with David Carr and a terrible offensive line. I don't think he had the players in Houston to be successful.

Uhm 96? Wasn't that us? I seem to remember both the Jags and Panthers making it in the playoffs that year?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say way overpay him like Dallas did to Jason Garrett to keep him around.

And yes, I know how that's working out for Dallas, but I have faith that we won't suck anytime soon.

^^^This!!!

Watching that game last night was like watching his genius mind spring to life! It was like a chess match, check mate baby in 3 moves.

Love your new avatar and siggy pic, btw! Somebody's been inspired!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has never spent much time in one place so thats not a good thing. Is that because he gets bored? because he wants to chase a better job? because of the money? no idea what motivates him, but I hope TT figures it out and keeps him happy.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Capers has been a HC 2 times. Both times, he wasn't very good.

The man is a DC, and he finally realized it. Remember, he spent 3 years out of major coaching jobs, as an assistant in both the Dolphins and the Pats.

Yeah, I think we'd have to overpay him, but I believe, if we have sucess, he would be interested in becoming our permanent DC, like **** LeBeau is for the Steelers.

If Capers stays, with the possibility of another DPOY, and once again a great D, he can be recognized as one of the best DCs of all time. If he leaves for a HC job, he won't. He's old, he knows it.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to do whatever we can to keep him around.. I'd love to see him stay as our D-Coordinator, we may need to pay him close to or at head coaching level, but what he has done with the players we have and our injuries, he maximizes players strenghts and talents. I have been blown away the past couple weeks with what he has done..

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone else notice that every time on TV they show him like 2-4 times throughout the game but they don't show the opposing team's DC as many times or at all?

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone else notice that every time on TV they show him like 2-4 times throughout the game but they don't show the opposing team's DC as many times or at all?

Ive noticed that too! ha I think its because of all his exotic blitz schemes and Defense packages he puts out there, did you guys see when our 3 down were Picket, Raji, and Green? holy big men! haha I am very excited to see what Capers can throw together with an extra week to prepare for Minny, hopefully he puts somethin together to blow us away! haha

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is one i hope TT gets right. Capers is our new Fritz Shurmur. Ive said to people a lot when you have a good coach that can turn mediocre players into something good they must be kept around and are more valuable than great players. ALA Belichick. If we lose Capers ill be pissed!:aggressive:

Members online