1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dom Capers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Mr. StyleZ, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    The guy's a defensive genius, and it's hard to imagine losing him to some HC job elsewhere. Packers need to do whatever they can to keep him around as long as possible..

The blitz schemes tonight were incredible to watch. Dallas got worked!

2. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I say way overpay him like Dallas did to Jason Garrett to keep him around.

And yes, I know how that's working out for Dallas, but I have faith that we won't suck anytime soon.

• Like Like x 2
  3. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    +1 lol PAY THE MAN!!!!! Or just make him the head coach of green bay lol. I have nothing against MM but anything to keep Capers!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Capers has been a HC twice I believe and it hasn't worked out. It seems to happen quite a bit which great coordinators trying to be HC's. I realize it's probably a much larger pay day, but they should stick to what they're great at.

5. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    He took Carolina to the 96 NFC Championship. Where he promptly had his *** kicked. I don't remember who did the *** kicking, though..... :)

And then he coached Houston without Andre Johnson, without Mario Williams, and with David Carr and a terrible offensive line. I don't think he had the players in Houston to be successful.

6. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    That's true.

7. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    Lets just hope hes happy being a D cord and is happy staying in greenbay winning many supers bowls!

8. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Lets keep hold of him.

9. Veretax

Veretax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

Uhm 96? Wasn't that us? I seem to remember both the Jags and Panthers making it in the playoffs that year?

10. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    yes it was

11. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    ^^^This!!!

Watching that game last night was like watching his genius mind spring to life! It was like a chess match, check mate baby in 3 moves.

Love your new avatar and siggy pic, btw! Somebody's been inspired!

12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    He has never spent much time in one place so thats not a good thing. Is that because he gets bored? because he wants to chase a better job? because of the money? no idea what motivates him, but I hope TT figures it out and keeps him happy.

13. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Capers has been a HC 2 times. Both times, he wasn't very good.

The man is a DC, and he finally realized it. Remember, he spent 3 years out of major coaching jobs, as an assistant in both the Dolphins and the Pats.

Yeah, I think we'd have to overpay him, but I believe, if we have sucess, he would be interested in becoming our permanent DC, like Dick LeBeau is for the Steelers.

If Capers stays, with the possibility of another DPOY, and once again a great D, he can be recognized as one of the best DCs of all time. If he leaves for a HC job, he won't. He's old, he knows it.

14. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    We need to do whatever we can to keep him around.. I'd love to see him stay as our D-Coordinator, we may need to pay him close to or at head coaching level, but what he has done with the players we have and our injuries, he maximizes players strenghts and talents. I have been blown away the past couple weeks with what he has done..

15. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,796
    Has anyone else notice that every time on TV they show him like 2-4 times throughout the game but they don't show the opposing team's DC as many times or at all?

16. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Ive noticed that too! ha I think its because of all his exotic blitz schemes and Defense packages he puts out there, did you guys see when our 3 down were Picket, Raji, and Green? holy big men! haha I am very excited to see what Capers can throw together with an extra week to prepare for Minny, hopefully he puts somethin together to blow us away! haha

17. ThePerfectBeard

ThePerfectBeard Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +224
    This is one i hope TT gets right. Capers is our new Fritz Shurmur. Ive said to people a lot when you have a good coach that can turn mediocre players into something good they must be kept around and are more valuable than great players. ALA Belichick. If we lose Capers ill be pissed!:aggressive: