Does T.O. = Super Bowl?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thinking among journalists in the off-season is that Terrell Owens will take the Cowboys to the Super Bowl. I don't get it. He is a great receiver, but even if he doesn't sabotage the team (which he probably will) he is only one player. When Owens went to Philly and they made it to the Super Bowl, a lot of people got it in their heads that T.O. can get any better than average team into the Super Bowl. I just don't buy it.

He did give the Philadelphia offense some spark, I'll give him that, but they won their two playoff games without him. And the other supertalented reciever in the league, Randy Moss, has yet to take a team to the Super Bowl.

I think Carolina will be representing the NFC this year. They are the best all-around team.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg...I don't know if he'll get them to a Super Bowl but I think alot of people underestimate the value of a #1+ receiver. A guy like T.O. completely opens up your entire offense. The D always has to know where he is and allocate at least two guys to blanket him. He usually still gets open but even if he doesn't it really opens up the field for the rest of the offense. The running game especially benefits from this. Defenses can't bring that safety up in the box to help with the run. A truly great WR really helps out the run game.

Again, I won't say Super Bowl but guys like T.O., Randy Moss, Steve Smith and Chad Johnson can turn an average offense into an excellent one.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does T.O. = Annotiny?

My answer would be yes. I am so sick of listening to crap about T.O. and how he hasnt been in pratice and now he came back. Who gives a crap about a piece of crap. Ever time I turned on sports center or NFL Live I was face to face with T.O. and he was saying blah blah blah , blah blah blah. I dont want to hear another thing about T.O. or here another word from him. Talk about the people that have been at camp not a day to day update about how T.O. doesnt know if he can pratice at 75%.

DaBearsrule4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think T.O. in Dallas = Super Bowl in Dallas. The NFC is wide open. As a Bears fan, in my opinion, the two teams to beat are Seattle and Carolina.

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
Last year the Cowboys were basically a playoff team, and with the addition of TO they are a great team. Personally I think that Carolina is definatly better than them and Seattle likely is to, but they are likely the third best team in the conference. With a little luck and TO playing his @$$ off like he did in the Super Bowl there is a decent chance that the Cowboys beat Carolina or Seattle and advance to the Super Bowl. Bottom Line: The addition of TO makes them a contender to win the NFC but not the favorite

DaBearsrule4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then during the offseason when T.O. catches about 75-80 passes and scores 14 TDs, he'll ask for a new contract and for more money but won't get it and have a little hissy fit about it.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think T.O. is going to have a honeymoon year in Dallas. What he learned in Philadelphia is that by making a fuss he could get a lot of attention and end up on a better team with a better contract. That's the same thing he learned by becoming a pest in San Francisco. He has not gotten his comeuppance, and I don't think Parcells can control him. Nothing against Parcells, but a couple years ago he had another hot-headed receiver, Antonio Bryant, throw his jersey in his face. Bryant was either cut or traded not too long afterwards. But Parcells will not have the power to do that with Owens. He's stuck with him. And Owens knows it.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is he good? Yes.
Is he an idiot? Yes again.
There are NO guarentees. If he PLAYS, it will make them better on the field, but that alone doesn't mean automatic super bowl. Personally, i hope he NEVER gets a super bowl ring. He's a putz.

DaBearsrule4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Is he good? Yes.
Is he an idiot? Yes again.
There are NO guarentees. If he PLAYS, it will make them better on the field, but that alone doesn't mean automatic super bowl. Personally, i hope he NEVER gets a super bowl ring. He's a putz.

I agree with all those statements. I also hope T.O. NEVER gets a ring.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
The thinking among journalists in the off-season is that Terrell Owens will take the Cowboys to the Super Bowl.

He isn't going to do $hit sitting on the sidelines posing for the cameras while the rest of the team practices and/or plays. His deal with Dallas is structured that if Dallas cuts him before Week 1, Dallas only takes a 1.67 million cap hit for 2006, and can push the 3.33 million signing bonus into 2007 (see here for details on the Dallas/Owens deal). If Owens continuess being a headache for the Cowboys, I doubt he will be employed by them come 10 September.

BTW: Do those of you who think TT should have made a run at this turd still think he would have been good for the Pack?

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
Greg C. said:
The thinking among journalists in the off-season is that Terrell Owens will take the Cowboys to the Super Bowl.

He isn't going to do $hit sitting on the sidelines posing for the cameras while the rest of the team practices and/or plays. His deal with Dallas is structured that if Dallas cuts him before Week 1, Dallas only takes a 1.67 million cap hit for 2006, and can push the 3.33 million signing bonus into 2007 (see here for details on the Dallas/Owens deal). If Owens continuess being a headache for the Cowboys, I doubt he will be employed by them come 10 September.

BTW: Do those of you who think TT should have made a run at this turd still think he would have been good for the Pack?

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Yes!

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Anubis said:

Yes!

He certainly seems to be doing a lot in Dallas right now. Money well spent, Jerry! :roll:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think he hurt him self because he started practice and Parcells said if T.O dosnt practice in the preseason he might not be a starter for a while( that Doesn’t mean he wont play) .

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's the preseason, anubis. LT hasn't done much in San Diego yet this year, I think he's the most overrated HB in the NFL :roll:

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
It's the preseason, anubis. LT hasn't done much in San Diego yet this year, I think he's the most overrated HB in the NFL :roll:

I was referring the the fact he has done nothing but faked an injury, skipped over 14 practices and preseason appearances and now says that he won't be ready until Week 2 (maybe).

He has had two MRIs and both have come back negative to any injury. While the team practices, he has been sitting on the sidelines mugging for the cameras and receiving all the media attention he desperately craves.

If he is such an asset to the team, why is Dallas now fining him $9,500 for missing a team meeting, missing a rehab session, and arriving late to an offensive meeting???

Oh, I forgot... It's because he's an excellent team player who is simply waiting until Week 3 to showcase those amazing leadership qualities he possesses. :roll:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said he was a great team player. He's a raging ****head. However, you can't argue with his results on the field. Parcells is doing the right thing here by not giving him attention and keeping off his back. If TO is happy, he's the best WR in the NFL. Even if he is an *******.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, every week TO continues his circus, and every week the people (i wont name names, depack) who said GB should have gotten him look even more silly. ( i love you, depack)

T.O. is pulling his stunts again(this is the opening act) with BILL PARCELLS!

Can you imagine T.O. with a rookie Head Coach like McCarthy?

But Im sure Favre woulda socked him, right? Sure.

Here is why the T.O. thing is a big deal (besides the media overblowing things):

An owner\GM makes the EXPENSIVE move to get the man.

then the idiot acts up and the coach knows he can't bench him without making the organization\gm\owner look foolish, as well as making himself look like he can't manage his players.

It's a lose\lose situation with the guy. But at least hes not out ****** people and shooting a gun...or something.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I wonder where you came up with that first line from after hearing me on Teamspeak :)

Cuz, you know, only ONE person can think that!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Yeah, every week TO continues his circus, and every week the people (i wont name names, depack) who said GB should have gotten him look even more silly. ( i love you, depack)

T.O. is pulling his stunts again(this is the opening act) with BILL PARCELLS!

Can you imagine T.O. with a rookie Head Coach like McCarthy?

But Im sure Favre woulda socked him, right? Sure.

Here is why the T.O. thing is a big deal (besides the media overblowing things):

An owner\GM makes the EXPENSIVE move to get the man.

then the idiot acts up and the coach knows he can't bench him without making the organization\gm\owner look foolish, as well as making himself look like he can't manage his players.

It's a lose\lose situation with the guy. But at least hes not out ****** people and shooting a gun...or something.

I would say wanting T.O on the Packers was, and still is, better than wanting Brett Favre to retire (I won't say any names tromadz). :lol:

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TO will be a huge contributing factor to the Cowboys going deep into the playoffs, and perhaps the SB this year, and all of this crap will be forgotten!

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
TO will be a huge contributing factor to the Cowboys going deep into the playoffs, and perhaps the SB this year, and all of this crap will be forgotten!

Assuming he is playing for Dallas come Week 1.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Members online

Latest posts