Does anyone think Gute will pull off a big trade?

Would you like to see Gute make a trade for Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters?

• Yes, but for no higher than a 3rd round pick

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Yes, even if it takes a 2nd round pick

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Yes, no matter the compensation

• No, not for a 3rd round pick

• No, not even if he can be had for a 4th or 5th round pick

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Yes, but only if he commands a 4th round pick or later

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah losing Randall not a huge deal there's a lot of good corners available in the draft. However I would have preferred gute get a pick in return and let the browns keep kizer.
I look at it like we saved a pick...by taking Kizer. I think Gute would have spent a 3rd or 4th on a QB. will see. i feel the 14th pick is a little bit "no mans land" to far out to get the top edge guys and james...they will be gone, and a little early for Jackson, key and davenport. This draft is strongest through 20 pick into early 3rd. I hope we can maximize our picks in that area via pick trades, kinda squeeze the middle.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I look at it like we saved a pick...by taking Kizer. I think Gute would have spent a 3rd or 4th on a QB. will see. i feel the 14th pick is a little bit "no mans land" to far out to get the top edge guys and james...they will be gone, and a little early for Jackson, key and davenport. This draft is strongest through 20 pick into early 3rd. I hope we can maximize our picks in that area via pick trades, kinda squeeze the middle.

Yeah I suppose on kizer. I guess if they can get anything for hundley then it's a win. However I'm not sure kizer better so idk? I agree with the rest of your post as well, I hope we can somehow get the bills 21/22 in exchange for 14 and something else maybe they want hundley haha. But to get 2 of those guys in the first while keeping the 2nd and 3rd would be nice

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your morning rumor; the Raiders are asking the Packers about trading for Hundley.

Yes. Trade Brett Hundley for Cordarelle Patterson. Hundley needs a change of scenery. GB needs to shore up the kick/punt return game.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not an expert on this but for example....say cobbs contract is an even 10 million...could we trade him and eat 5 million of it. and maybe get like an early 4th. or do you have to trade the whole contract?

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not an expert on this but for example....say cobbs contract is an even 10 million...could we trade him and eat 5 million of it. and maybe get like an early 4th. or do you have to trade the whole contract?

I been arguing for a Cobb trade for eons, but most people are caught up in sentiment and the impression that AR12 couldn't function without him. Ha.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been around a while and I think the vast majority of people have said they'd be open to trade Cobb. In fact, I'd say most would love to trade Cobb, but at a 10 or 12 million dollar salary, WHO IS GOING TO TRADE FOR HIM? That doesn't say, AR couldn't function without him. It asks the very real question, WHO is going to give something up to take on that salary for production that should be making half of that?

FL-PACKERfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We would eat the signing bonus if Cobb was traded right? So a new team would only be taking on 9.5 million. I could see a team with a lot of Cash taking him on if they miss out on the free agent WR available.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been around a while and I think the vast majority of people have said they'd be open to trade Cobb. In fact, I'd say most would love to trade Cobb, but at a 10 or 12 million dollar salary, WHO IS GOING TO TRADE FOR HIM? That doesn't say, AR couldn't function without him. It asks the very real question, WHO is going to give something up to take on that salary for production that should be making half of that?

Broncos. Ravens. Raiders. Bears. Ravens! Giants. Texans. Ravens!! 49ers. Seattle. Ravens!!! Just to name a few.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so we cant eat half of the actual contract 5 million....so it only cost the trade team 5 million for him. I think we still win if were knocking off 5 million and getting early 4th...im i crazy?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
so we cant eat half of the actual contract 5 million....so it only cost the trade team 5 million for him. I think we still win if were knocking off 5 million and getting early 4th...im i crazy?

You are actually talking about taking a $7.719 M hit for trading Cobb that way, since his total Cap hit is $12.719 M. Releasing him outright saves the Packers $9.469M

So who do you replace Cobb with? Is that $5M you just saved, along with a 4th rounder going to buy equal production? Or wouldn't you just be better off releasing him and spending the $9.4 on a FA WR to replace him?

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
at this point since there's no one left who's better than cobb, in the slot wr position, i think they'll keep him. if someone better gets released next week then maybe. thing is they'll probably be cut for $ too so cost wise it may be a push or even worse. as for trading him it would be a team who thinks they're a contender and a one year rental would be worth it. don't the Packers put themselves in the contender category?

Last edited:

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think cobb has to go off the books, put Jordy in the slot backed up by Ty..then in the 3rd or 4th to up grade wideout spot with speed. has to be a better prospect than Davis. Then cross your fingers Clark and others get better. bottom line is some dollars have to come off WR group. And a early TE in 2nd or 3rd would take some pressure of the WR corps.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Broncos. Ravens. Raiders. Bears. Ravens! Giants. Texans. Ravens!! 49ers. Seattle. Ravens!!! Just to name a few.
Well good, trade away. There's a difference between being skeptical about someone trading anything for him, and people saying Rodgers couldn't live without him.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts