Does anyone else occasionally find it hard to believe we won the SB?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It does still have a surreal, dreamlike radiance about it. The only difference, is this is no dream, this is as real as it gets. This is a season that will be talked about and revered by years to come, and each of us had the joy to live it and watch it happen as it unveiled before our own eyes. I think some of the words that define this season are, believe and faith. I also find it amazing how it's still so much a part of my mind, it seems like just the SB was just yesterday and I'm still celebrating! I'll never stop! I find myself looking forward to next season as I have never before!!!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I agree Kitten. Any win you got to see live on TV or in person is a championship that you can personally celebrate the rest of your life. It's not one that you have to read about or watch a replay. No, we were all part of this SB in some small way to make the spectacle happen. It's a great feeling to see them win it after so many "What could have been" seasons with the choker. I like how you think IluvGB, I threw my Farve jersey out 2 years ago in anger.

Could you imagine being a fan of a team that lost 4 SB's and NEVER won one. God, must suck to be those people.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
At Walmart and Target they are showing SB highlights on all the TV's and so many people watch when its a Packers great play, and walk away during the Steelers big ones.

I get to see them everyday at least 5 times a day I'm a sub contractor for target and trust me they don't get old. I at least watch all 10 highlights once a day.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly can't remember a more storybook season, we got our revenge on Favre, got 2 coaches fired, made a playoff run all on the road, beat our archrival the bears at their stadium in front of their fans for the trophy named for their coach, and won the SB. All of this with 15 players on IR. I'm fully content with how this eason worked out.

Though I do agree with you that a dynasty is not out of the question :happy0005:
The best season in a long time.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Nope, I remind my coworker's and wife practically every other day.
I'll ask "Guess what?" and when they say "What?" I say "Packers won the Super Bowl." Its been a month and they still haven't just finished it. Only thing I have cut down is wearing my Packers jerseys so much, and began wearing regular shirts more.

Hey.... are we related?? I've been doing the same thing where I work. Someone says: "Good morning Mr. Weeds, how are you doing today?" My response is all but identical to yours. Or, I'll dress it up a little bit ... "Are you kidding me? It's a fantastic day. The Packers won the Super Bowl. The sun is shining and I noted blue birds hovering above chirping as I whistled and skipped to work this morning...PLUS, I'm upright and sucking air...ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? I'm doin' fantastic."

I've never owned a players' jersey and never will ... but in reality, I've watched the game so many times I probably going to start watching it in my dreams -- my wife has threatened to hide the DVD so that I'll do our income taxes...hell, I'm paying in again anyway so...what is the hurry right?

Oh...and let's drop the dynasty talk. There was the same kind of talk after Super Bowl 31 and we know how that turned out. As Ron Wolf described it after SB32: "Guess we were just a fart in the wind." Don't be throwing the onus on the Pack.

Yeah...I have to keep pinching myself on this SB Championship. I've been fortunate to now have lived through 4 of them (and actually remember them) ... this one though, took me by surprise - I just didn't have expectations THAT high.

Members online

Latest posts