Do Packer Forum members/fans want AR to leave?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its time to see Rodgers go. His leadership abilities are putrid. When the going gets tough, especially in playoff games, he tends to pout. He's still a great QB in the regular season but good luck trying to win a SB with his huge salary and inflated attitude. Let's see what Jordan Love can do? If he stinks, the Packers will win few games in 2023 and be able to draft a QB high in the 2024 draft. They can then build a team around a QB on a rookie contract. Not the worst scenario.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The people who want Rodgers run out of town should be teleported back in time to 1973 so they can enjoy the next 20 years of s*** quarterback play and playoff irrelevance. One playoff appearance. Zero playoff wins. This is what you get in GB without a Hall of Fame quarterback. I lived it. It sucks.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The people who want Rodgers run out of town should be teleported back in time to 1973 so they can enjoy the next 20 years of s*** quarterback play and playoff irrelevance. One playoff appearance. Zero playoff wins. This is what you get in GB without a Hall of Fame quarterback. I lived it. It sucks.
Well old man, I’d rather not have a 20 million dollar backup QB when it’s better for our franchise to trade away our old, diminishing one. We’ll get more back for him to help our franchise than we would a 4 year, unproven one. Who gives a **** about 1973 and 20 years after? This is the state of our team now. This is called common sense. Matter of fact, they should have traded him 2-3 years ago. You don’t need a HOF QB to win. You certainly don’t need an aging, selfish, whiny QB who takes up the majority of your salary cap. Can’t win with that either.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers definitely loves playing games and getting all the attention:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Looks like we will see a whole new Packer team on the field next year. Could be a rough season but that is what transition and rebuild include.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was something. The days of Hunter, Tagger, Hadl, Lynn ****ey always injured. Could do a litany if QBs before Majik got there.

D

Deleted member 6794

Others have said this and I agree - Rodgers lost touch with a lot of fans when he implied he would never return to GB. That was 2021 I think, just before he won two MVPs. That was it for me. I don't like quitters. And even then, MVP seemed more important to him than a SB.

Actually it was the media which implied Rodgers would never return to Green Bay in 2021. He never mentioned anything close it in public.

Why? Because we might be just a team competing for a playoff spot year after year then losing? Hmmmmmmm Yup I’ll be waiting for that huge “I told ya so” when we miss the playoffs except …. Gee… we just did that even with His Arrogance …. Courtesy of a home loss to … *checks notes*…. *checks notes again*…. Detroit???? LOL

Since Rodgers became the starter the Packers have made the playoffs in 11 out of 15 seasons, second most in the league over that period. There are a total of 17 teams which have made the postseason five or less times since 2008. While I definitely would have liked them to be more successful in the playoffs you're so spoiled that you truly believe it's that easy to be a legit contender every single season without possibly having an elite quarterback moving forward.

Who gives a **** about 1973 and 20 years after? This is the state of our team now. This is called common sense. Matter of fact, they should have traded him 2-3 years ago. You don’t need a HOF QB to win. You certainly don’t need an aging, selfish, whiny QB who takes up the majority of your salary cap. Can’t win with that either.

Teams need to have a good quarterback surrounded with an excellent roster to win in the NFL. I'm not sure the Packers currently have either once they've moved on from Rodgers.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why? Because we might be just a team competing for a playoff spot year after year then losing? Hmmmmmmm Yup I’ll be waiting for that huge “I told ya so” when we miss the playoffs except …. Gee… we just did that even with His Arrogance …. Courtesy of a home loss to … *checks notes*…. *checks notes again*…. Detroit???? LOL
Yeah I mean it was an utterly dismal season with a HOF QB coming off two MVPs. All Rodgers' fault? Of course not, but we saw how this team does when the QB is average. I know, 3 rookie WRs and all that - but on paper GB had a very good defense, Bakhtiari played very well when he played, Watson came on big time, and Jones had a great year at RB. And yeah, a loss at home to the Lions in the most important game of the season.

I'm not saying the Packers will win even 8 games with Love, they probably won't. But after last season, and with no changes at DC (and assuming some decent additions from a trade with the Jets, the draft, and FA), I don't expect the record this year to be much different from last.

So to your point, what are we losing if Rodgers leaves? It's still a big, big hole - but the team has other weapons too.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Save the fuel, just teleport yourself and the few remaining Rodgers apologists back to last years 8-9 season and July 25, 2021, when Rodgers was still waffling over whether he wanted to be a Packer.

By the way, Rodgers isn't immortal, the fact that he has contemplated retirement 3 straight years, should give you an idea just how long the Packers might have with him. So no matter how hard it is going to be on some of you to let go of your idol and face the fact that he is gone, it is going to happen. At least the Packer organization, as well as a lot of fans, see the benefits of not just cashing out Rodgers for draft picks, but the potential Love has to continue the Packers streak of HOF QB's.

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was something. The days of Hunter, Tagger, Hadl, Lynn ****ey always injured. Could do a litany if QBs before Majik got there.
Other than Lynn, the rest of those guys did the team a favor whenever they couldn't play.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did, too, and, as always, it comes down to expectations for me. We had lousy teams then, so I never looked toward a SB, or even playoffs, as a goal. Every win was enough for that week, and beating certain teams under certain circumstances was a season-maker. Since Favre, when the team was almost always in the conversation for the Lombardi and then had years like (e.g.) 2011 and 2014, it was crushing.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other than Lynn, the rest of those guys did the team a favor whenever they couldn't play.
The Majik man will always hold a special place with me. He brought excitement and real hope to this team before Reggie and Favre. Fans had real belief again with him and injuries were very ******* him and ended it all pretty much.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Well old man, I’d rather not have a 20 million dollar backup QB when it’s better for our franchise to trade away our old, diminishing one. We’ll get more back for him to help our franchise than we would a 4 year, unproven one. Who gives a **** about 1973 and 20 years after? This is the state of our team now. This is called common sense. Matter of fact, they should have traded him 2-3 years ago. You don’t need a HOF QB to win. You certainly don’t need an aging, selfish, whiny QB who takes up the majority of your salary cap. Can’t win with that either.

I team doesn't need a HOF QB to win but then the Packers have not proven they can do it without one. Green bay has enjoyed a 30 year period with two HOF QBs and for many fans on this forum it is all they have ever known. Take a look around the league and you will see teams that have been a continual search for a franchise QB and have not made the playoffs but a handful of times in that same 30 years. I don't believe that Thompson or Gutekunst are any better than those GMs of the teams that have failed those 30 years - just luckier to have a QB that covered up their deficiencies.

U.P. Packfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately being the face of the Packers for a long time does seem to take it's toll on the psyche of a player. Our former QB thought that he should be GM too. I remember him throwing a tantrum when TT wouldn't trade for Moss. Maybe Rodgers learned some of this behavior from him? It has to be tough to keep some level of humility when you are the star of the only team in town.
Whether he is gone this season or not he certainly will not be here for much longer. I am all for getting something for him right now and finding out whether we have something to work with in Love. We need to stop putting such a high percentage of our salary to one player and try to get more depth. Goodbye Aaron and good luck! I wish you well.
Go Pack Go!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm not saying that Favre and Rodgers didn't influence the Packers success over the last 30 years, because they did, but people also need to look at how the NFL has changed in that time. The 2 biggest changes that have helped the Packers are unrestricted free agency and the salary cap. Without those 2 things, I doubt that even with Favre and Rodgers at QB, the Packers stay competitive in the majority of the seasons that one of them was the Packers QB. Also, would they have remained in Green Bay for as long as they did? Would a big market team have waived huge money at them to leave?

Reaction score
The longer it goes the less other options the Jets have
GB might just be thinking fir a 3rd Rounder we can just eat his contract and keep him aboard. It’s financially Risky but not at all undoable. Or just force him into retirement and resolve it’s going to happen and make it very apparent to him that’s what will happen and we’re now fully prepared

How do you all think Rodgers would feel about not getting to leave and being our backup to Jordan Love?? over a 2nd or 3rd Rounder?? It’s insulting to him in particular if the Jets did that. Embarrassing would be more adequate. if Rodgers allows that to happen, he’ll ruin his reputation and trust me the Jets will bend some unless they are complete idiots if they let a couple Day 2’s to ruin a once in a lifetime chance.

I think GB is holding out for a #13 or equivalent and I fully support it. It’s 100% fair compensation. I’d want a #43 + 2024 Day 1 (or equivalent). We’re in complete rebuild and we need equity or if we get weak then prepare for a long rebuild. If I’m going down I’m taking Rodgers down with me. I’ll pay him $60m to have him serving Water and clean the bathrooms if that’s what he desires. Stay tuned! :coffee:

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No matter what happens to Rodgers, he will try to spin it to make it look like he was the victim and that he just did what was best for everyone, despite his personal sacrifices in the process.

Reaction score
No matter what happens to Rodgers, he will try to spin it to make it look like he was the victim and that he just did what was best for everyone, despite his personal sacrifices in the process.
He just might be the Victim if he’s not careful. Let him know it was all over the Jets thinking he’s a 3rd Rounder.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just might be the Victim if he’s not careful. Let him know it was all over the Jets thinking he’s a 3rd Rounder.

I think Rodgers would be fine with his trade value being a bag of footballs and a used jock strap. The less the Jets give up the better off Rodgers will be with his new team.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We cut them a total bargain on Favre (because Thompson was a gutless coward) - so - they kina owe us

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Rodgers on Pat M.

- He felt at the time of the Lions, he had played his last game as a Packer.

- Before his darkness retreat, he was 90% leaning towards retirement.

- After his darkness retreat, he wanted to play, but was told by the Packers that they had moved on.

- He will play for the Jets, but the deal is being held up by negotiations.

- Other teams were interested in him.

- AJ Hawk asked him if the Packers had wanted him back, would he have played for them. I will have to go listen again, but I think his answer was a "no".

- He felt that during the 2022 Season, there was just a general feeling that he was playing his last season as a Packer.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rodgers would be fine with his trade value being a bag of footballs and a used jock strap. The less the Jets give up the better off Rodgers will be with his new team.
Thankfully that kind of return isn’t reality. Maybe in 1973…

Reaction score
That’s singular true. You missed the point. Not if it holds up his career. It’s true that he has zero interest in seeing GB benefit from his trade.. until he realizes no bueno on him starting for anyone if this trade stalemates. How much longer until the Jets pull out?
Obviously we can just wait this out and trade him later if the Jets aren’t interested? I’m pretty certain 32 starting QB’s won’t go without injury all year. If he wants to play he needs to advocate for this deal not hinder it. He’s possibly forgotten that he’s under contract? This might be a game of chicken but Aaron has 3X more to lose than our entire organization if he wants to play dumb. He’d better get real involved and fast imo and if he doesn’t care he stands to lose big time.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO. To see a $20 million back up QB one would most likely have to be transported into the future. IMO the AR led Packers have won quite a bit actually.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts