West
Cardinals 12-4
Seahawks 12-4
49ers 11-5
Rams 4-12

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would leave us or the 49ers missing the playoffs at 11-5...would be some very tough luck there.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patriots 12-4?

I don't think anyone has a clue what's going on this year in the NFL. I wouldn't put money on any team right now.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not even us ??? ;)

Well... I think I would put a couple bucks down on the Pack winning the division. I don't see Detroit doing anything other than what they always do. Year after year it's the same with them and year after year we all talk about "Hey, look out for Detroit THIS year"!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Terrible run defense and all, I don't see anybody besting us in the division this season unless Rodgers goes down again. I think that we have a legit pass defense and that we are making some plays. It won't be pretty and there is time for things to come together. Until the Lions prove otherwise, the Vikings might be our most legitimate threat assuming Bridgewater is the real deal - and healthy.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
If every team continues to play the way they are now;

AFC

North
Bengals 13-3
Ravens 10-6
Steelers 8-8
Browns 7-9

South
Colts 11-5
Texans 9-7
Titians 6-10
Jags 2-14

East
Patriots 12-4
Dolphins 8-8
Jets 6-10
Bills 6-10

West
Chargers 12-4
Broncos 11-5
Chiefs 7-9
Raiders 5-11

NFC

North
Lions 12-4
Packers 11-5
Bears 8-8
Vikes 6-10

South
Panthers 10-6
Saints 7-9
Falcons 7-9
Bucs 6-10

East
Cowboys 10-6
Eagles 9-7
Giants 8-8
Redskins 5-11

West
Cardinals 12-4
Seahawks 12-4
49ers 11-5
Rams 4-12
Soooo. let me get this straight. "If every team continues to play the way they are now;"

Lions 3-1 = 12-4
Packers 2-2 = 11=5
Bears 2-2 = 8-8
Vikings 2-2 = 6-10

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crap just rolls downhill for the Bears and Vikings. I bet that the as-they-are calculation works a little different on the Chicago and Minnesota forums :D

OP
OP
Zeck180

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well... I think I would put a couple bucks down on the Pack winning the division. I don't see Detroit doing anything other than what they always do. Year after year it's the same with them and year after year we all talk about "Hey, look out for Detroit THIS year"!
Please they have been a ten win team since 2011, their lack of discipline is what has killed them and inability to finish out the season. https://www.packerforum.com/threads/early-but.25831/
Even before the end of Jan, 2011 I did predict the Lions would go 10-6 and get to the playoffs, my predictions mainly for the NFC N have been a few games off (well could could have seen rodgers out for seven games, last year). So don't go throwing tantrums, would you rather have a bears fan make predictions and those always are un-realistic.

How do I make these predictions, like everyone else look at their season ahead. obviously the Pats aren't going 12-4 if they play like that they'll be lucky to finish 10-6. if the defense doesn't make any adjustments yes the Packers wont be favorites to win the division. In the NFC N right now the Lions are the most complete team, and who do they play for the next month, the bills, vikes, saints and falcons, a bunch of winners right there 3-4 wins so yes the Lions could start the season at best 7-1, Packers 6-2, Bears 5-3, Vikes 3-5.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be a struggle for this team to better the 8/7/1 record of last year--with or without Rogers at QB. This is the worst defense the Packers have fielded since 1958 (2011 we were as bad, but saved things with forcing turnovers), when Scooter took the team to 1 win in 11 games. That defense ranked 12th out of the 12 team league. Today's defense currently ranks 32nd out of 32 teams. Enough is enough.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please they have been a ten win team since 2011, their lack of discipline is what has killed them and inability to finish out the season. https://www.packerforum.com/threads/early-but.25831/
Even before the end of Jan, 2011 I did predict the Lions would go 10-6 and get to the playoffs, my predictions mainly for the NFC N have been a few games off (well could could have seen rodgers out for seven games, last year). So don't go throwing tantrums, would you rather have a bears fan make predictions and those always are un-realistic.

How do I make these predictions, like everyone else look at their season ahead. obviously the Pats aren't going 12-4 if they play like that they'll be lucky to finish 10-6. if the defense doesn't make any adjustments yes the Packers wont be favorites to win the division. In the NFC N right now the Lions are the most complete team, and who do they play for the next month, the bills, vikes, saints and falcons, a bunch of winners right there 3-4 wins so yes the Lions could start the season at best 7-1, Packers 6-2, Bears 5-3, Vikes 3-5.

WTF? "Tantrums"? lol

Alrighty then.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be a struggle for this team to better the 8/7/1 record of last year--with or without Rogers at QB. This is the worst defense the Packers have fielded since 1958 (2011 we were as bad, but saved things with forcing turnovers), when Scooter took the team to 1 win in 11 games. That defense ranked 12th out of the 12 team league. Today's defense currently ranks 32nd out of 32 teams. Enough is enough.

None of us should be shocked if this team finishes the season last in the NFL in defense. I also think none of us should be shocked if they finish 11-5.

This years NFL is crazy. How many people on the planet predicted the Vikes would beat the Falcons? We can easily say the exact same thing about the Falcons. That team has yet to "prove" ANYTHING. At least we have a proven QB. "Matty Ice" is a clown. Jay Cutler is a clown. Romo - clown. Sooooooo...is our defense less than great? Yep! ...but most of the NFL's teams have just as big of problems.

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. listen, I'm not here to irritate you as a fellow Packer fans or to sell you on "we have a great D". We both know better. But here's why this D is different so far. Although this years D has bent, they havnt broken. First we just finished 1st qtr of season. There's a lot of football left and we are 2- 2 not 0-4 or 1-3 I remember following the stats closely 2010 SB year. At one point towards end of year we were giving up around 21 pts (we didn't break in the red zone that year) a game BUT the yardage we gave up passing? Inexcusable!
Actually eerily similar to the run yardage today. I contend this; 1. We improve. (Cause there's no other way to go! Lol) 2.teams score faster passing meaning if theyre beating us passing its a scorefest in this case it's more of a time of possession thing which is in our favor because the GB Offense scores quickly passing. Notice Time of possession the last couple games we won. Our overall time was LESS than 30 min a game yet we not only Won. We had 1 game we smoked them -ChicAgo.
3.IMO we have a better secondary which equates to INT and TO's. If you recall we had a positive turnover ratio in 2010 and that meant more opportunities for AR and Co and an offset on that passing gashing we took 2010.
So if teams run on us so be it. We can still absorb that in the short term as long as we improve as the season progresses. Good news. We don't need top 5 run D here,by my estimation top 16 would do it and that's reasonably fixable. We do need positive takeaway ratio to compensate for that extra 50-100yards run gashing we've had. I don't think every SB team works by the same template and as long as we continue to bend and not break this team is dangerous

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the worst defense the Packers have fielded since 1958 (2011 we were as bad, but saved things with forcing turnovers). Today's defense currently ranks 32nd out of 32 teams. Enough is enough.
Actually, that's not correct.

Our current team is ranked 32 out of 32 only for rushing defense. Here is the actual comparison:

___________________________________2011______________2014_____
Total Yards Allowed per game / Rank______411.6 yards / 32_____390.0 yards / 26
Passing Yards Allowed per game / Rank____299.8 yards / 32_____214.0 yards / 5
Rushing Yards Allowed per game / Rank____111.8 yards / 14_____176.0 yards / 32
Points Allowed per game / Rank_________22.4 points / 19______24.0 points / 17T

To make proclamations that this team is going to struggle to be 8-7-1 when the 2011 team, with a factually worse defense went 15-1, is tough to swallow. Sure some of the pieces in the machine are different, but either way you slice it Rodgers is still there and now he's got two good running backs in Lacy and a healthy Starks. They can do it with this defense, who coincidentally was saved against the Bears by forcing turnovers. They could do it a lot easier with a better defense of course.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zeck180

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only
[QUOTE="NOMOFO, post: How many people on the planet predicted the Vikes would beat the Falcons? We can easily say the exact same thing about the Falcons. [/QUOTE]
Well seeing how the Falcons have the overall worst defense not that hard to imagine. Though I didn't expect the Patriots look so god awful this year.

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only
[QUOTE="NOMOFO, post: How many people on the planet predicted the Vikes would beat the Falcons? We can easily say the exact same thing about the Falcons.
Well seeing how the Falcons have the overall worst defense not that hard to imagine. Though I didn't expect the Patriots look so god awful this year.[/QUOTE]

2-2 isn't awful. Odds are they could beat the Bengals with all the ridiculous point swings happening every week

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all its "Rodgers". You should probably know the MVP, Super Bowl MVP, highest passer rating in history and best TD-INT ratio by a huge margins' last name, if you consider yourself a Packer fan.

And second of all the Packers could possibly even play without a defense for half the season and finish 8-7-1, that's how good "Rodgers" and this offense is. This defense is there though and they've been playing a hell of a lot better than you seem to give them credit for. Giving up points is a good measure of a defenses play, and this defense, at the worst, should be considered average at that task, IMO.

OP
OP
Zeck180

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If every team continues to play the way they are now;

AFC

North
Bengals 13-3
Ravens 10-6
Steelers 8-8
Browns 7-9

South
Colts 11-5
Texans 9-7
Titians 6-10
Jags 2-14

East
Patriots 12-4
Dolphins 8-8
Jets 6-10
Bills 6-10

West
Chargers 12-4
Broncos 11-5
Chiefs 7-9
Raiders 5-11

NFC

North
Lions 12-4
Packers 11-5
Bears 8-8
Vikes 6-10

South
Panthers 10-6
Saints 7-9
Falcons 7-9
Bucs 6-10

East
Cowboys 10-6
Eagles 9-7
Giants 8-8
Redskins 5-11

West
Cardinals 12-4
Seahawks 12-4
49ers 11-5
Rams 4-12

I got 8 records correct and two division standings correct with out the records. out of a possible 40 I got ten right, good enough for me. Well at least I predicted the NFC north division winner would have 12 wins and the 2nd place would have 11.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts