Did you see Favre's throws!!

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I can say is the old man still has some heat on his throws.

Yesterday I saw a crossing pattern where Favre just did a slight flick fo the wrist and he threw a tight 25 yard spiral right into Greg Jenning's hand.

Man..it looks SO easy when he does that.

Swamper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. Maybe if Green Bay won against a stronger opponent. Even then, we are not have so good a season to warant the idea that any player's job is safe.

It's a victory and I am very happy. Now let's win the next one.

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just said he had heat on his throws. I dunno about the Favre/Rodgers debate. I think Favre can still play personally, but it's about going for the now, and preparing for the future. If Aaron can get valuable time now when the Packers are not going to playoffs this year..then it will bode well for next year.

Keeping Favre in there now maybe keep people happy and keep people in seats, but it just prolongs Aaron's wait to get in there and develop.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is it that everyone thinks that Rodgers is going to be better only if he plays? Can anyone answer me this? How much did Steve Young play when he was sitting behind Joe Montana? And also how did Young turn out?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I don't think we should be playing Rodgers, I just don't see why people who DO feel that way shouldn't be thought of as 'real' packer fans.

I once thought A-rod should start, then I seen what favre did WITH pass protection, and my opinion changed.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we should not play rodgers and we are getting alittle off topic.

i dont know why you guys dont understand that the reason favre is playing is because he is better than rodgers.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I don't think we should be playing Rodgers, I just don't see why people who DO feel that way shouldn't be thought of as 'real' packer fans.

I once thought A-rod should start, then I seen what favre did WITH pass protection, and my opinion changed.

I didn't underline the word "real" or put it in quotes. I actually didn't even mean it the way you think I did, although rereading it does make it look that way. I meant that after the last couple games I didn't think any Packer fan believed that Rodgers should be playing any more. I seriously didn't mean to add real. Sorry about the confusion

OP
OP
C

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steve Young waited until he was 30 to play in San Francisco. He sat behind Joe Montana for 3 plus years...talk about grueling.

And Steve didn't do all that well his first season..hey struggled and people wanted him out. It took him two seasons for people to accept him as the QB and he never was FULLY accepted till he won a superbowl for the 49ers..just keep that in mine.

Aaron's got an uphill climb too..he (like as we can see from this forum)..will never fully get accepted until he achieves something on his own time.

As you guys can see..I liken this to Phillip Rivers. Rivers had to sit behind Drew Brees for 2 years and he's turned out okay... They hastened Rivers's introduction by not bringing Brees back after the 2nd year.

We'll have to see how Green Bay responds to Brett wanting to come back again.

BACK TO TOPIC.

All I'm saying is that Brett Favre's release on his throw is REALLY strong..that even w/his unorthodox mechanics..he's so strong that he can make a simple flick of the wrist into a 25 yard throw.

It's funny because I can see guys like Drew Brees but everything they have into a 25 yard passing route to get enough zip on the ball to get it away from the defender and into the receivers hands.

Favre can do that and look so effortless at doing it.

The other person that reminded me of Favre who can make the short passes look very effortless is.....AARON RODGERS.

Aaron's short 10-25 yard passes are laser like and from that high ball carry look so easy to throw.

I actually throw w/the high ball carry too and it does make a difference.

In conclusion..just saying..it's a joy to watch Favre do what only he can do.

I'm not gonna stray into the other tangents and just leave the above comments...

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is it that everyone thinks that Rodgers is going to be better only if he plays? Can anyone answer me this? How much did Steve Young play when he was sitting behind Joe Montana? And also how did Young turn out?

Young started 19 games for Tampa in 1985 and 86 and another 10 games as Montana'a backup in SF before becoming the starter in 1991. So he had 29 starts and 6 years in the league before being the official "starter". There is a big difference between handing the reins over to an experienced player and 24 year old kid. Rodgers best bet is to learn everything that he can now, use it to define what he will (and will not) do when his chance comes and be able to look back at these few years as the beginning of a hopefully long career in the NFL.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oy oy oy!!!

Please don't make me close this thread, I really don't want to... back to how Brett Favre rocks, please!

This is about Favre's throws -- how he still has it and it is premature to discuss his departure.

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jesus, People dont realize haw hard it is to find a great QB, just ask the Bears!!! I hope A-Rod becomes a great QB, like a Jake Dellhome (sp) and manages the team to the Super Bowl. But I am old enough to remember the Anthony Dilwigs, Randy Wrights, Blair Keils, David Whitehurst, ect. and beside a couple of good years from Lynn ****ey, and the MajiK man we have not had much at QB since Bart Starr. I am going to enjoy having the best QB in the NFL ASAP!

Peace

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish when he dies I could get his arm and put it in a glass case! lol I wonder if you timed his velocity as a rookie how it would compare to now. I think it would surprisingly not of dropped much

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you telling me that wouldn't be the greatest article of Packer memorabilia ever. Imagine this...
Cdn: Hey Trom, what's your greatest piece of Packer gear?
Trom: Well I got a football signed by Greg Jennings. What about you.
Cdn: Nothing much, only Brett Favre's ARM :rotflmao:

LordFarve

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yesterday I saw a crossing pattern where Favre just did a slight flick fo the wrist and he threw a tight 25 yard spiral right into Greg Jenning's hand.

Favre also threw a bunch of bad passes in sundays game. he should have been intercepted 3 times in the first half. The guy can still play, just not on the packers team anymore. Teams like the Ravens, broncos or redskins could use a qb that can carry them into the playoffs.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:

Favre also threw a bunch of bad passes in sundays game. he should have been intercepted 3 times in the first half. The guy can still play, just not on the packers team anymore. Teams like the Ravens, broncos or redskins could use a qb that can carry them into the playoffs.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.....but he didn't. Say what you want, but he is the best QB on our team. And since we are paying him, he will continue to play for us.

The packers are not a team that will ever throw in the towel and chuck a season away just for next year. I keep reading that on this board and it makes me want to puke! I pay a lot of money to watch the Packers and I EXPECT the organization to put out the very best product possible every year, and every game.

Brunell, Hasselback, and a few other QB's sat under favre for a few years and went to other teams, started right away and did fine. When it is time for Favre to walk away, I expect Rodgers to do the same thing. But until Brett Favre is no longer the best QB we have, or he decides to hang it up, I want him out there. Coaches, Players, and GM's are evaluated on this year just as much as they will be next year. I can't ever see a reason to not put 100% into winning each and every game THIS year.

Should the Giants not play Tiki Barber anymore since he is going to retire? Should his back up get more experience? NO!

And by the way Lord Favre.... He will be throwing more TD's against your bears...bank on it. I look forward to the last game of the year when you need a win to secure home field advantage and LORD FAVRE is spending time in his home away from home. Just say he can't. He has spent his life successfully proving people wrong.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:

Coming from a bear and PFT.com fan, I can see why you are obsessed with Favre and want him outta Green Bay.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest with you Brett Fave kept throwing the ball up a little high and hoping his receiver would get it. I only saw a couple throws that were spot on.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts