Did James Jones and Jermichael Finley Go Unappreciated By Us Fans?

Reaction score
Yup. Jones and Finley - based on actual production and results alone- are one hell of a lot better than what's replaced them.
What's the over/under on what week Finley's phone rings with a call from Green Bay?
This league today plays so fast. IMO the blame lies across the board. AR HAS missed throws that he normally sticks but considering changes at personnel and coming off a season ending type injury it's not a surprise a few games in.
When he is 100% confident in his pass blocking (notice results of the 2 TE max protection vs Jets) he is his old self, an 80 yard TD with 1 WR.
The Receivers are lacking separation- I don't need to review film I can see it in his eyes as he scrambles to sidelines. The difference in the past is that last look gave him a 10 yard sideline grab and moved the chains, which IMO was the result on being in synch with veteran receivers.( this year he grounds the ball at the ankles).
Here's the upshot.. He's fractions of a second from converting 2-3 more 1st downs and maybe 1 TD. Which keeps us in the game until we gain cohesiveness. Listen, I'm as concerned about the reality of going 1-3 as anyone. But the fact is (MM stated this also this week)we have NOT played an all-around performance as a team. So we havnt been "outperformed" so much as we've "Underperformed" as a unit.
A machine is only as good as it's working parts. Let's get this recall taken care of before we drive off a cliff.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Now I got no fight with any man that does what he's told. But when he don't, the machine breaks down. And when the machine breaks down, we break down." - Sgt. Barnes

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
"Now I got no fight with any man that does what he's told. But when he don't, the machine breaks down. And when the machine breaks down, we break down." - Sgt. Barnes

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
YES !! Thanks for the support video perfect!
That Sgt Barnes was one bad dude. But in the trenches that's who I pick to keep me and my platoon alive. Although Willem Dafoe played the adversary eloquently and possibly the most prolific supporting actor role I've seen.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I think everybody knew Jmike was a top 5 tight end in the league.

Im not sure he was a top 10 TE in the league.

Still waiting for his YOTTO to happen ....

I would say
Witten
Gonzalez
Gronk
Graham
Hernandez
Gates
Thomas
Davis
Daniels
Rudolph

are all better, and he falls in the category with someone like greg olsen or zach miller or Heap or Celek

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley had the talent of a top 3 TE, but disappeared in games too often enough to be considered in the top 5.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not sure he was a top 10 TE in the league.

Still waiting for his YOTTO to happen ....

I would say
Witten
Gonzalez
Gronk
Graham
Hernandez
Gates
Thomas
Davis
Daniels
Rudolph

are all better, and he falls in the category with someone like greg olsen or zach miller or Heap or Celek

Lol WUT?

D

Deleted member 6794

Nondescript is a very apt description of the TE situation in Green Bay.
I think this situation is hurting the Pack perhaps even more than the OL or ILB situations.

I really want the Packers to play Bostick on offense, he's probably their best pass catcher at the position.

Latest posts