1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Did AJ Hawk play last night?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by TOPackerFan, Aug 29, 2006.

1. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm really asking because I didn't notice him all night.

2. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Here is the stat line from last night for the LB's. No sacks or turnovers for The Pack, the coaches have to come up with something to get more pressure on the qb.

DEFENSE.....T-A.........SCK........INT............FF

N. Barnett....5-2.........0.0...........0...............0

A. Hawk.......2-2.........0.0...........0...............0

R. Manning...2-1.........0.0...........0...............0

A. Hodge......1-0.........0.0...........0...............0

B. Poppinga..0-1.........0.0...........0................0

B. Taylor......0-1.........0.0...........0................0

3. Schmitty

Schmitty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I saw Hawk in there on a few plays, but nothing that really stands out. I cant expect him to be stellar in his third game of his first NFL season. Thats asking too much.

4. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe not stellar, but at least solid (not that he was alone in not living up to that last standard).

5. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hawk and our other LBs will not perform unless our D-line protects them. Its pretty hard to make plays as a LB when your getting hit directly by an offensive lineman or fullback.

6. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    That's not the whole story. I saw our linebackers playing tentatively and when they went to make a play they ran themselves outta the play. They played awful.

7. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    For someone that was reputed to be a great blitzer, Hawk sure got blocked pretty easily each time he blitzed last night (and the previous game as well for that matter). It was one of the knocks on Hawk coming out of college that he had trouble getting off blocks. I know he's young, but it's not terribly promising.

8. billv

billv Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Our run defense was pretty good early on. Our passing defense, however, caused the Pack a lot of problems.

9. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed Hawk getting in on some plays, but nothing that really stood out. I was looking for him to have a big game in front of an Ohio crowd. Oh well. The whole team played badly, and he got caught up in it. I think he will become better and better as the season goes on, and it hasn't even started yet.

10. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I personally thought are LBers weren't to bad. I thought Nick Narnett and AJ Hawk played pretty solid.

11. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    im with you tbh.... nick looked really good, directing and tackling. aj looked ok... made every tackle that came his way.

you gotta look at it as a whole... when the pass d plays that bad, it seems to a defense that everything is uphill. so instead of having faith in your dbacks, you kind of play tentatively because you dont wanna let someone by you. so instead of putting on a great solid rush you kinda hesitate to make sure nothing gets behind you. they played well considering the circumstances. as one who touted the woodson signing, he played like crap tonight, he covered chad johnson pretty well when he needed to but other than that he looked like he wasnt trying. im not ready to boot him off, but in the chicago game he better step up.

12. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Please go back and watch the game again. Barnett and Hawk like just about all of our defensive players sucked.

13. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

No Doubt, Barnett played AWFUL! For as fast as he is he sure can't cover anyone. Hawk wasn't any better. He was in the right place a few times but couldn't make the play.