Devante Adams' Return

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure that I'll get shamed for saying this, but I don't think that getting Adams back is going to have the noticeable impact everyone is expecting. He's no Jordy Nelson (yet) and has good potential, but coming off of an ankle injury and being only in his second season, I expect him to progressively contribute more and more down the stretch. I just don't see it being an instant jolt of life to the offense. I really hope that I am wrong.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah, I'm with ya. He's not a "jolt" guy. He's a possession guy. We don't have a "jolt" guy at the moment. But, we do need him out there.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Aaron Rodgers doesnt agree with you

"The Packers are finding ways to win, recently on the strength of their defense the past two weeks, but the worry is that the Packers are going to eventually meet their demise if they can't find a way to stretch the field.

"I think we got that guy but he’s been hurt the last couple weeks," said Aaron Rodgers after Sunday's game. "The bye week will be nice to get some of those guys back, but Davante Adams, I think, is a Pro Bowl caliber player. Without him and without Jordy, we need to find some other ways to attack the outside stuff and still be able to be effective inside.""

http://gnb.247sports.com/Bolt/Aaron-Rodgers-Davante-Adams-is-a-Pro-Bowl-caliber-player-40202486

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm sure that I'll get shamed for saying this, but I don't think that getting Adams back is going to have the noticeable impact everyone is expecting. He's no Jordy Nelson (yet) and has good potential, but coming off of an ankle injury and being only in his second season, I expect him to progressively contribute more and more down the stretch. I just don't see it being an instant jolt of life to the offense. I really hope that I am wrong.

I think that getting Adams back will tremendously help the Packers offense as he's the only other receiver aside from Jones best suited to play outside. In addition his return results on both Cobb and Montgomery playing exclusively in the slot which should increase their production as well.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that getting Adams back will tremendously help the Packers offense as he's the only other receiver aside from Jones best suited to play outside. In addition his return results on both Cobb and Montgomery playing exclusively in the slot which should increase their production as well.

Exactly, Cobb and Montgomery are purely slot guys who just look funny and awkward playing on the sidelines.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
"Instant jolt"? Maybe not but as Rodgers (and I and captainWIMM and others) have said, he adds an outside threat that Rodgers trusts. BTW, "outside" doesn't mean (just) "deep". An offense can stretch a D horizontally as well as vertically and with only one outside WR in Jones, that just wasn't happening as much as it should have. Also, if the main object of opposing D's attention in the passing game has been Cobb, then Jones, then Montgomery etc., the addition of Adams should help everyone but Cobb who'll likely remain opponents' #1 concern.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not gonna be the deep threat or radically change the offense, but him coming back will 100% make this offense better. He's on his way to becoming a stud.

Reaction score
Davante is another threat which has to be accounted for by the opposing D. He was arguably one of the 2-3 best receivers on our squad coming in this year so I think even his presence will be a factor, much like Cobb and Jones. He's also a yards after the catch guy and could provide a deep threat once his ankle is not a distraction.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still believe when this kid puts it together, he's going to be a real play maker. It might be this year or next, but he has so much talent for it not to happen. His vertical is insane and it will help on the outside a lot. Strengthen those hands a bit and footwork on the sidelines and we have a potential beast.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think that anyone has said that he's not a threat. I created this thread because it seemed as though fans are psyching themselves into believing that Adams' return is the cure-all for the drop in offensive production. Adams will certainly help this offense. It's a question of how much, how soon, and how that ankle is really doing.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
He was limping so bad after the last game in which he played, that I wonder how effective he can really be until he is healed. I don't know. :cautious:

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are we so used to getting into shootouts around here that we mistake low scoring defensive games with our offense struggling now? We have played some of the best defenses and pass rushers that the NFL has to offer over the first few weeks of the schedule.

How about giving the defenses we have played some credit.

Remember last year when Detroit beat us 19-6? That was with Jordy. That was just a good defense putting a number on us is all that was and its all we are seeing now. Except now, we have a defense to play that type of game. Our defense can bail our O out when things aren't clicking.

The NFL fan can be quite fickle sometimes.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Since you decided to take it out of the context of my entire paragraph, I understand why that means something to you.

Well...you did say you will get shammed for it...

You think it will take time cuz of his injury..

I disagree...

hence why I took your words to mean he isn't a threat

I hope I cleared up your words for you

DavidRusso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think that anyone has said that he's not a threat. I created this thread because it seemed as though fans are psyching themselves into believing that Adams' return is the cure-all for the drop in offensive production. Adams will certainly help this offense. It's a question of how much, how soon, and how that ankle is really doing.
He many not be a "cure-all" but he is a cure nonetheless, agreed? Adams has shown he can step up in big time games and he can win the 1 on 1 battles on the outside. He's a big physical guy on the outside and can run the deep ball. This is going to let our men in the middle breathe a bit.
He will have an instant impact. But he will be no good unless he is gets his ankle back to strength, if he needs to sit until after the bye, so be it. We can win this game without him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts