Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not a bad "football" signing. If you look at the deal there is no risk in this at all. If Robinson screws up, he gets cut and nothing hurts the Packers. Maybe there image but hey the cut blocks are already doing that :wink:

With that said I agree that this is an "odd" signing. I said this could be the front office showing a serious ego. He couldn't get it done in Seattle when some of these guys were there. He screwed up in Minnesota. What makes Green Bay a better place? Wisconsin is the #1 drinking state in the U.S. Not a very safe place for someone with a drinking problem.

The guy has a lot of talent. He’s probably more talented than a lot of the guys we could of signed even in the off season. Outside of TO, Robinson has arguably more talent than anyone else available. He's a good football player but we'll he still be around in 2 years? I wouldn't hold my breathe and put any money on it. Where as the guys above you know are going to be around for the majority of that contract pending something bizarre happening. When the NFL does suspend him though, the guys who brought him in and I’m talking about Mike McCarthy, Ted Thompson and others who work in the front office better make sure he spends that time getting his problems fixed once and for all.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta give TT some credit but really is there any real genius needed to do this deal. It's kinda a can't miss. If it doesn't turn out we let him go and at least gave it a shot with not much on the line. Signing Koren is fine by me but I don't really see this as a great move by a GM. Just wondering, was there even any competition to get him? At leats if he turns out to be a pro bowler again the TT supporters can always have it in there pocket. As for me I'm one of the odd ones on the fence. Mike was a great coach, (some people forget in 04 when we got off to a terrible start and he started calling plays and led us to playoffs) but was not GM material and I wish people could seperate the 2. The jury's still out for me on TT and I have to remember to not always aim my frustration at him but he started to lose abit of credit for me not with player moves but the coaching changes, especially losing Bates.
My bad it turned into a post for the TTvs MS thread

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I bet your whole outlook would change if he would have hit your mother or daughter and killed her during his lapse of judgement.

If my aunt had a **** she'd be my uncle... which has exactly the same bearing on this argument as what you just typed.

I never said Koren was a model citizen. What I said was that I (just like everybody else on this board) can't claim to know him better than TT does.

If you want to dislike this signing, go ahead. That's your opinion and you have the right to express it. Me? I like it: pro-bowl talent at zero risk.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Packnic said:
Zero2Cool said:
^^^ Yep. Basically if they didn't give Ted the seal of approval to do the job he gets paid for they are not happy and abuse the right of freedom to speak negatively about it.

agreed... and i dont know of anyone on this site, that thinks TT is perfect or even close. we just dont hate the guy and dont get off bashing everything he says.

Yep yep. Some of us just let the men who get paid for their position do their job. I wonder how those people would feel if Mike or Ted were to critique all the mistakes they make in their daily lives.

Imagine their position. They have a sure fire HoF QB who doesn't want to quit. They have a team that is young and developing, slowly and a 1st rd pick QB riding the pine when he should be getting some action on the field.

Could the Pack have broke the bank to try an Yankee a SB? Possibly. But why? To ensure high draft picks for the next years?

Instead they are building their team through the draft and picking up low risk free agents as well picking up some bigger name free agents.

Through the Draft is the way to go. Trying to Yankee a championship is stupid. If you don't believe that, ask the Redskins, Vikings or any other team who continues to shell out large bills for free agents who underacheive.

Let's quit the birching. Let the men do their jobs and pray that they know what they are doing.

Heck, we deserve to complain I agree. It's OUR team, but shoot let's wait for a few games into the season before we start selecting the pickett fence for the Packers staff's heads.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since69 said:
pyledriver80 said:
I bet your whole outlook would change if he would have hit your mother or daughter and killed her during his lapse of judgement.

If my aunt had a **** she'd be my uncle... which has exactly the same bearing on this argument as what you just typed.

I never said Koren was a model citizen. What I said was that I (just like everybody else on this board) can't claim to know him better than TT does.

If you want to dislike this signing, go ahead. That's your opinion and you have the right to express it. Me? I like it: pro-bowl talent at zero risk.
Your Auntie has a ****? Must make things weird at family gatherings. :p

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
Since69 said:
pyledriver80 said:

Your Auntie has a ****? Must make things weird at family gatherings. :p

Yeah... but who am I to judge?

tonytokes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
i cant lie 4packgirl.... im high right now... and you were kind of a bad *** in high school werent you hahaha. turned on.

i knew there was a reason i liked you :lol:

this is a great signing. character issues? koren was one of the most liked players in the locker room, everyone loves being around him. yeah he's a young kid with too much many and made some stupid mistakes. no one is arguing that, but if having a team full of "packer people" is going to make us the laughing stock of the league then i suggest we get out of the 1960s and into the NFL with the rest of the teams.

it's leadership that keeps things in order... without it, you have nothing and i dont see koren coming in and causing any problems. if he's a detriment to the people of green bay with his driving then that's a problem but if it wasnt gonna be green bay then it would have been another city, just probably with an automatic rifle in the car out of depression from getting cut from the NFL altogether.

who's to say citizens of green bay are more important than people of any other city? he's potentially dangerous either way, and, living in atlanta, the last thing that's gonna make me be against signing of good player for my team is what *might* happen on the roads.

a lot of **** might happen. hell, my buddy almost got hit by a car on the SIDEWALK today. it hit his foot and smashed into a wall where he was standing. guy was **** sober.

do the math. bring him in. lets get it going.

tonytokes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
The guy got busted going 100 miles an hour DRUNK. He has missed team meetings and been arrested for Marijuana possession.

OMG SRSLY!@?

1 - yes. he was going 100 mph drunk. pay the fine, do your time and lets move on. dangerous? yes. having anything to do with football? no.

2 - ive heard nothing of this. everything ive read says he was great in the lockerroom and as a teammate.

3 - weed? who cares! i smoke every night after work (80 hours a week) and own a 2 million dollar a year advertising firm with presence in four major cities across the country. weed isn't bad and neither is drinking. it's what happens or what doesnt happen because of something you choose to do. results only.

drunk driving? bad. getting high and playing madden with your buddies? just fine.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tonytokes said:
pyledriver80 said:
The guy got busted going 100 miles an hour DRUNK. He has missed team meetings and been arrested for Marijuana possession.

OMG SRSLY!@?

1 - yes. he was going 100 mph drunk. pay the fine, do your time and lets move on. dangerous? yes. having anything to do with football? no.

2 - ive heard nothing of this. everything ive read says he was great in the lockerroom and as a teammate.

3 - weed? who cares! i smoke every night after work (80 hours a week) and own a 2 million dollar a year advertising firm with presence in four major cities across the country. weed isn't bad and neither is drinking. it's what happens or what doesnt happen because of something you choose to do. results only.

drunk driving? bad. getting high and playing madden with your buddies? just fine.

Yeah, you must be proud

tonytokes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
tonytokes said:
pyledriver80 said:

OMG SRSLY!@?

Yeah, you must be proud

great, well-thought out response.

25 year old with a lot more equity than people twice my age. you bet i am... damn that weed, it's really held me back, im quite the horrible person.

it's just so hard hiding my dreadlocks under my suit. :roll:

tonytokes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
dont talk to coach that way, he knows more than you ever will.

oh... is pyle that high school offensive coordinator guy of 12 years that i read about on every packer forum?

i didnt know that. explains the high school level education arguments.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tonytokes said:
tromadz said:

oh... is pyle that high school offensive coordinator guy of 12 years that i read about on every packer forum?

No what you are talking about before posting, pothead.

Smoking Pot is one thing, telling everyone on a board about in a bragging matter is another.

Dude, you are a loser. You play Madden because you never had the drive or ability to play the game. You know SHITTTT about football and you probably live in your moms basement

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey man..I am not a loser.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Maaaa...

Where'd I put my lighter man?

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
Gotta give TT some credit but really is there any real genius needed to do this deal. It's kinda a can't miss. If it doesn't turn out we let him go and at least gave it a shot with not much on the line. Signing Koren is fine by me but I don't really see this as a great move by a GM. Just wondering, was there even any competition to get him? At leats if he turns out to be a pro bowler again the TT supporters can always have it in there pocket. As for me I'm one of the odd ones on the fence. Mike was a great coach, (some people forget in 04 when we got off to a terrible start and he started calling plays and led us to playoffs) but was not GM material and I wish people could seperate the 2. The jury's still out for me on TT and I have to remember to not always aim my frustration at him but he started to lose abit of credit for me not with player moves but the coaching changes, especially losing Bates.
My bad it turned into a post for the TTvs MS thread

Yeah if Robinson turns his life around TT will look like a genius. If he does what has done over and over again nobody will be suprise and they will question TT as in Why bother? That's the way it goes. Another wait and see. Like I said I can't say he won't change but I can't say he will change either. I wouldnt't hold my breathe or put any money on it though. We'll see I guess. Anyone know if he's playing against the Saints this Sunday?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
tonytokes said:
tromadz said:

Dude, you are a loser.

thank GOD!

a 2 or 3 day break with no Pyle.

(this is where pyle does his thing where he goes "like I care" when its obvious it bothers him)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It's a blatant namecalling there. the pothead comment offended me when i read it. then to call him a loser? atleast the namecalled person took it lightly

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grow up guys....namecalling my ***. tonytokes can you please copy and paste your balance sheet so we can be even more impressed. Congrats on a successful business. Keep smoking the weed every night and you'll see it go "up in smoke". I personally know the damage a drunk driver can do. You wanna minimize it go ahead. Just excuse those who have lost a friend or loved one because of one, if they do not wish to.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
If one person gets banned for something, the next person who does it deserves to get banned as well regardless of who the person is or who comes to their misguided defense.

The namecalling is really old and if you wanna name call, well. grow up.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
If one person gets banned for something, the next person who does it deserves to get banned as well regardless of who the person is or who comes to their misguided defense.

I've been called 10 names just today, I don't get my ******* in a bunch

Enter Trom: "are you insinuating I wear *******.....Ban Him Ban Him

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tonytokes said:
weed? who cares! i smoke every night after work (80 hours a week) and own a 2 million dollar a year advertising firm with presence in four major cities across the country. weed isn't bad and neither is drinking. it's what happens or what doesnt happen because of something you choose to do. results only.

Wow..nice going tokes. Any chance of hooking up someone for about a $75,000 a year job somewhere with full family benefits? :lol:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:

I've been called 10 names just today, I don't get my ******* in a bunch

Enter Trom: "are you insinuating I wear *******.....Ban Him Ban Him

I can't say I'm surprised. At work I get the same treatment hah.

however this is a forum with rules and some have been banned for namecalling and yet others 'get away with it'.

I'm just all about a fair even playing field. Ya know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts