Denzel Perryman.

D

Deleted member 6794

Look, on passing downs take one of em out. Let's get em in 3rd in long before we start drawing up coverage's.

Opponents will target their RBs and TEs a lot if the Packers line up Barrington and Perryman in the middle on first and second down.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Thank you TT . We are building a championship.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
we already lost one. He cant help.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
guess who is around the ball?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
2nd round pick if Cobb wants to be "a *****"

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry if this was already posted, but here’s the jsonline take on available ILBs: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/293943531.html

(CBSSports.com puts Dawson at #2 after Kendricks in the above list. Walterfootball.com lists Perryman, Kendricks, and McKinney in order as round 1-2 prospects; and then Anthony, Pullard, Taiwan Jones, and Dawson in order. http://walterfootball.com/draft2015ILB.php)

Here’s my question: Just with regard to the ILB prospects in the draft, how would you position these two players just with regard to these combine numbers?

Player 1: 6’1” 250 pounds. 4.76 40-yard dash, 23 bench press reps, 37.5 inches vertical jump, 122 inches broad jump, 7.25 seconds 3-cone drill, 4.30 seconds 20 yard shuttle.

Player 2: 6’3” 248 pounds. 4.70 40-yard dash, 20 bench press reps, 35.5 inches vertical jump, 125 inches broad jump, 6.98 seconds 3-cone drill, 4.37 seconds 20 yard shuttle.

I think a player’s performance in his college career is much more important than combine results but I’d be interested in the opinion of those who follow the draft more closely than I do. Also, how would you rank the combine stats in importance for an ILB?

I smell a setup :) They're so-called "measurables" are so close as to be negligible, and performance would definitely decide this one.

To your other question, Combine stats are a measure of athleticism, strength and speed in a non-game situation. I'd give them about a 1/3 weight, with 2/3 going to how well the prospect played on the field. There are some exceptions. Ryan Shazier was blazing fast for an ILB at 4.37, and someone who can go sideline-to-sideline and cover TEs and RBs with that speed took a quantum leap in the rankings. But Shazier wasn't exactly unproven at Ohio State, it's just that his measurables put him at or past C.J. Mosley who was the clear frontrunner, but either guy would have been a good pick.

Ok, so who are these 2 guys you put up?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I smell a setup :) They're so-called "measurables" are so close as to be negligible, and performance would definitely decide this one.

To your other question, Combine stats are a measure of athleticism, strength and speed in a non-game situation. I'd give them about a 1/3 weight, with 2/3 going to how well the prospect played on the field. There are some exceptions. Ryan Shazier was blazing fast for an ILB at 4.37, and someone who can go sideline-to-sideline and cover TEs and RBs with that speed took a quantum leap in the rankings. But Shazier wasn't exactly unproven at Ohio State, it's just that his measurables put him at or past C.J. Mosley who was the clear frontrunner, but either guy would have been a good pick.

Ok, so who are these 2 guys you put up?
I deleted the post you quoted here and started a general thread on ILB draft prospects here: https://www.packerforum.com/threads/inside-linebacker-prospects.58757/

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Just curious, why do you say Dorsett won't go over the middle? I mean it's really a mute point now that Cobb is signed though.

I guess he will go over the middle if that's his route but go back and watch his tape. Everyone is in love with this guys 40 time and on outside routes and deep routes he does well with "straight line speed." Watch his routes over the middle.

But like you said it a mute point.

D

Deleted member 6794

Once again wrong. Dorset wont go over the middle and Lockett gets the "dropsies" sometimes.

It's annoying that you act like the know-it-all authority on draft picks because you watch some highlight tapes posted on YouTube.

While it's a mute point now teams drafting Dorsett and Lockett will get a nice slot receiver.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It's annoying that you act like the know-it-all authority on draft picks because you watch some highlight tapes posted on YouTube.

While it's a mute point now teams drafting Dorsett and Lockett will get a nice slot receiver.

No I don't act like the "draft guru" and I am not a scout. Everyone is entitled to there opinion and I don't see any law against having a disagreement. However; my opinions have very little if nothing to do with highlight reels. I watch a lot of football and I mean a lot. Furthermore; If you insist my opinions are based on "highlight films" then yours are based purely on "combine results."

This is why I hate the combine sometime because better athletes jump ahead of better football players based on measurables. Both Perryman and Hardy win on "production on the field." I agree that Lockett is a fine football player but drops some balls sometimes. I think Dorsett is raw but is talented. I never said those two guys weren't any good. I simply said for me the obvious choice would be Hardy based on "production on the field" and "tape". The same goes for Perryman.

What I do know is TT tends to agree as he drafts highly based on "production on field." Maybe that's why is so successful.

D

Deleted member 6794

No I don't act like the "draft guru" and I am not a scout. Everyone is entitled to there opinion and I don't see any law against having a disagreement. However; my opinions have very little if nothing to do with highlight reels. I watch a lot of football and I mean a lot. Furthermore; If you insist my opinions are based on "highlight films" then yours are based purely on "combine results."

This is why I hate the combine sometime because better athletes jump ahead of better football players based on measurables. Both Perryman and Hardy win on "production on the field." I agree that Lockett is a fine football player but drops some balls sometimes. I think Dorsett is raw but is talented. I never said those two guys weren't any good. I simply said for me the obvious choice would be Hardy based on "production on the field" and "tape". The same goes for Perryman.

What I do know is TT tends to agree as he drafts highly based on "production on field." Maybe that's why is so successful.

I agree that everybody is entitled to their own opinion but you don't seem to be serious about it though. Here's your reply on me saying I would prefer Dorsett or Lockett over Hardy:

Once again wrong. Dorset wont go over the middle and Lockett gets the "dropsies" sometimes.

This doesn't sound like you value any other opinion. You act like you have knowledge that your take on a draft pick is the only legit one while you and I don't have any idea about how a pick will work out in the NFL. Heck, even GMs and scouts who make this for a living are wrong about prospects a lot of times.

BTW I don't put a lot of stock into the combine numbers, if you want you can look it up that I liked both Kendricks and Dorsett before it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts