Demovsky's quote on TT on RBs

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These will all be, by definition, 3rd day picks. Don't need random examples, as I know some produce immediately, but what makes you think anybody they pick up today, along with two RBs that have been on the market forever (in FA terms), are going to be what it takes to put this team over the top? Not trying to be snarky, and I admit to being a Negative Nellie, but still...
Obviously none of the players drafted today will have an impact, im just stoked about our draft yesterday

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
All I am "hearing" from TT right now is "who cares about the offense, we have AR". Have to wonder what is running through Aaron Rodgers head as TT once again devotes the front end of the draft to the defense.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I am "hearing" from TT right now is "who cares about the offense, we have AR". Have to wonder what is running through Aaron Rodgers head as TT once again devotes the front end of the draft to the defense.

Rodgers is probably pleased that Thompson is filling the holes that will hopefully prevent the offense from having to climb out of a 24 point halftime deficit.

As for the offense, I wonder if Elijah Hood out of North Carolina would be a good fit for the running back position in GB? Good, productive player in college.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It almost makes you believe TT is seriously considering a vet here, because realistically we only need someone to spell Ty Mont and/or a "bruiser" to run out games(but that could be Ripkowski)

Christine Michael? How come he's not mentioned in a thread about RBs?

Between TyM, ChiM and Rip, we are well covered there. Another Rookie for depth would be nice.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Technically, wouldn't you be a Negative Nel?

Possibly, but I don't get the reference. Have always seen folks on my side of the fence called either Negative Nellie or Negative Nancy. I'm fine with any of the three. :)

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if the Packers took a shot at Matt Jones (Washington Redskins). He was a 3rd round pick in 2015 and has had some impressive games. If the price is right, why not add another body to the roster?

With the Redskins having just taken Perine, there's no doubt Matt Jones is out the door. I think he'd be a solid depth move as I think he's better than Christine Michael.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Christine Michael? How come he's not mentioned in a thread about RBs?

Between TyM, ChiM and Rip, we are well covered there. Another Rookie for depth would be nice.

I mentioned Christine in another thread...

The "bruiser", which is what Lacy did, is for Rip now... I'm guessing Blount is brought in now

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the Redskins having just taken Perine, there's no doubt Matt Jones is out the door. I think he'd be a solid depth move as I think he's better than Christine Michael.

eh.... i'm 90% sure he will bring in a VET runningback for depth now

Just a big bodied, bruiser type to get 50-60 carries this year and convert first downs and maybe score a few goalline touchdowns

H

HardRightEdge

The Williams thread was shut down for some reason, so I'll post my thoughts here:

First, Thompson head faked again with "best available player" and "other avenues".

Whether Williams was the best available player is debatable, but the fact he fits a need and the scheme is not.

I like the Williams pick. B+ on value meets need and fit.

Runs strong with attitude. Not quite the big bull you'd get in Perine, but I see quicker feet, better fluidity and probably a better catcher of the football. North-south with a little wiggle. Again, a nice complement to Montgomery and Michael.

My only question mark is the WCC tries to emphasize finesse/athleticism/speed, like the PAC 12's little brother. So whether Williams' physicality shows up as well in the NFL is a "wait and see". That said, I really like the way he finishes runs which is always transferable and the NFL is getting smaller and quicker up front where power can get an edge.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bonus of all these RBs...... I now won't have to see "Sign Blount" or "Sign Charles" threads anymore

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The Williams thread was shut down for some reason, so I'll post my thoughts here:

First, Thompson head faked again with "best available player" and "other avenues".

Whether Williams was the best available player is debatable, but the fact he fits a need and the scheme is not.

I like the Williams pick. B+ on value meets need and fit.

Runs strong with attitude. Not quite the big bull you'd get in Perine, but I see quicker feet, better fluidity and probably a better catcher of the football. North-south with a little wiggle. Again, a nice complement to Montgomery and Michael.

My only question mark is the WCC tries to emphasize finesse/athleticism/speed, like the PAC 12's little brother. So whether Williams' physicality shows up as well in the NFL is a "wait and see". That said, I really like the way he finishes runs which is always transferable and the NFL is getting smaller and quicker up front where power can get an edge.

Go watch the West Virginia tape.

H

HardRightEdge

Go watch the West Virginia tape.
Yeah, that was good between-the-tackles running sans the fumble. He pass blocks with enthusiasm if artlessly, but enthusiasm is something to build on. Might or not be a receiver of the football; seems BYU only used him in checkdowns.

Funny thing. I'm watching that BYU QB almost pull out that come from behind win in that WV tape. I went to look him up (Taysom Hill) and lo and behold, he's a UDFA Packer. 26 years old, a couple of very serious injuries in his past, probably a camp arm but I always root for the gamers.

Last edited by a moderator:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yeah, that was good between-the-tackles running sans the fumble. He pass blocks with enthusiasm if artlessly, but enthusiasm is something to build on. Might or not be a receiver of the football; seems BYU only used him in checkdowns.

Funny thing. I'm watching that BYU QB almost pull out that come from behind win in that WV tape. I went to look him up (Taysom Hill) and lo and behold, he's a UDFA Packer. 26 years old, a couple of very serious injuries in his past, probably a camp arm but I always root for the gamers.

Marlon Mack was on the board but I think we're gonna like this Williams. I tend to agree Mack wanting to bounce every run outside won't work in the pro game and that's probably why he fell. I had us taking Williams in the 5th possibly so it was close enough for me with backs flying off the board. He is Kind of like a Starks in his prime I project. At the senior bowl he showed he could catch. He just seems like a good all around pick. Really Really liked watching him run the ball at BYU.

Yes, that BYU vs WVU game was a good one and BYU covered which made it even better. ;)

Staff online

Members online