Demovsky's quote on TT on RBs

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still no running backs for the Packers after two days of the draft. "There are other avenues for [acquiring] position players," Packers GM Ted Thompson said. "We try to stick with our habit of taking the best player available."

*interesting*

It almost makes you believe TT is seriously considering a vet here, because realistically we only need someone to spell Ty Mont and/or a "bruiser" to run out games(but that could be Ripkowski)

Makes me wonder why he passed on Perine when it was an obvious choice to replace Lacy honestly

That said, Dorian Johnson seems like a TT OL pick, kind of like a Colledge type of player... but who knows?

King and Kazee seem like decent slot CBs but they're undersized and we're near full at corner now

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could still take Perine tomorrow. He should be pretty close to bpa as it currently stands.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if it's between sam perine and carl lawson tomorrow with our first pick, i'm really hoping for lawson
i know he's a health risk, but we really need edge depth and he's the only one left that excites me even a little bit
of course in all likelihood, the pick is neither of these guys, but who knows

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know... we're getting kind of lucky lol

King and Jones are both great picks so far

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if it's between sam perine and carl lawson tomorrow with our first pick, i'm really hoping for lawson
i know he's a health risk, but we really need edge depth and he's the only one left that excites me even a little bit
of course in all likelihood, the pick is neither of these guys, but who knows

idk... i have a bad feeling about those two Auburn guys and we already got one of them lol

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
idk... i have a bad feeling about those two Auburn guys and we already got one of them lol

i can sympathize having been there
but i'm not going to use someone's "bad feeling" as evidence that they're a bad pick :laugh:

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he proves me wrong... but hey he has a pretty cool name I suppose lol

*someone else posted a vid of Adams vs LSU and Fournette and he was manhandled btw...in my other thread

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Word is that Matt Jones of Washington can be had for a 7th. Former 2015 3rd who averaged 4.6 YPC last year. Has a fumbling problem but so did Tiki Barber until he fixed it.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm assuming he knows he can just "fall back" to Blount if the draft doesn't fall his way

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I am a lifelong OU fan but...I WANT SAMAJE!!! The kid is literally built out of granite. 30 reps and while he's no burner he can run fast enough. He would be a perfect complement to Ty and would be a "business decision" as Prime calls it come short yardage and late game situations. He's as good of a young man as any in the draft to boot. Do it Ted, do it.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, the Perine pick is almost as obvious as King I just hope he doesn't try to get too cute here!

ChicagoPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly think Blount or Charles would suffice. I'd rather take Lawson and pair him with Adams with this next pick.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just saw a TT interview and he said tomorrow when he's drafting position doesn't matter because "we're gunna need some guys and we need to do a little bit of roster makeover as it is"

Makeover? What the heck lol

ChicagoPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Carl Lawson pick at OLB + a signing like Jamal Charles does sound more likely. But Charles has only played 8 games in the last 2 seasons due to injury??

I'd actually prefer Blount to platoon with Ty but either or works. Truthfully, we didn't lose to the Falcons because we didn't have a premier RB. We lost because we put very little pressure on Ryan and our corners were lost out there. Address those two areas and you give Rodgers a hell of a chance to win it all.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please all the Defensive trend to continue. All we've heard is how deep Defense & RB is in this draft.

As mentioned above, we don't need much more than a "grinder" 1st & 2nd down back. It's not an integral part of the offense b/c they have evolved from not "requiring" the running game. I'd be happy with another Defensive player and this is TT's money ROUND!!!

TT makes up for all his garbage picks with his 4th round selections.

Lang, Daniels, Ryan, Tretter, Sitton, Bhak, House (Best 4th Rounders selected by TT)

We won't talk about that bad ones....

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if the Packers took a shot at Matt Jones (Washington Redskins). He was a 3rd round pick in 2015 and has had some impressive games. If the price is right, why not add another body to the roster?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not too concerned. UDFA is another avenue besides the draft. Roster makeover? 25+ draft picks and UDFAs like other years.

Ted Thompson's Mind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This waiter at the Sip n Glo juice bar has nice lateral movement. I wonder if he'd do a quick 3-cone drill in the parking lot for me.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really want the best pass rush threat to be has with our first pick, which is probably Lawson. Mack/Perine with the second, pick up an extra LB and prob a WR, G, and TE in later rounds. Add Blount or Charles and we are going to the Super Bowl people, I kid you not.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These will all be, by definition, 3rd day picks. Don't need random examples, as I know some produce immediately, but what makes you think anybody they pick up today, along with two RBs that have been on the market forever (in FA terms), are going to be what it takes to put this team over the top? Not trying to be snarky, and I admit to being a Negative Nellie, but still...

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blount actually has tread on the tires.... Charles (great player in his day) is a constant risk of a blowout

Members online

Latest posts