Demetri Goodson suspended four games

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even at minimum salary these 4 games are costing him 4 game checks and over $115K! I was PO'd when TT kept him on the 53 in '14 over Jumal Rolle. Time to do the right thing TT, you're fired Demetri.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Wonder what performance Goodson was trying to enhance? I get the fact that a lot of things are on the PED list and this may confuse some players, but with the kind of money they are making and having access to medical experts, wouldn't you think they could find out if that substance they got from Bob on the corner was a "no no"?

H

HardRightEdge

There's getting to be fewer and fewer "Packers people" available these days.
You don't know what you don't know, as Amish would say. "Packer people" are guys who buy into the system, don't cause trouble in the clubhouse, and go along when asked to change their role or even their position. Half the league is into ingestations and/or hijinks of one sort or another.

I too do not know what I don't know. There's probably at least one supplement in your local GNC store with a banned supplement in it. It could be a stupid accident, which in that case the emphasis would be on "stupid".

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Goodson was PED's. What in the world would he look like off of them? I think it provides a good reason to cut him loose. Goodson never even lived up to the miserly potential of a typical 6th rounder. As long as TT is in the cutting mood by showing Palmer the door I think Goodson should clean out his locker as well to open a roster spot for someone with talent.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Even at minimum salary these 4 games are costing him 4 game checks and over $115K! I was PO'd when TT kept him on the 53 in '14 over Jumal Rolle. Time to do the right thing TT, you're fired Demetri.

I was surprised that the Packers decided to keep Goodson ahead of Rolle after the 2014 training camp as well. To be fair, Rolle hasn't had a huge impact as a cornerback either since then. While he had some nice games for the Texans that season he only played a handful of snaps in 2015 before being waived with the Ravens putting him on their practice squad for the rest of the year.

He'd be easy enough to replace.

Goodson's contributions as a cornerback would be easy to replace but I'm not so sure about his production on special teams. He's a pretty damn good gunner opposite Janis on the punt coverage unit though and was third on the team in ST tackles.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time to abolish the substance abuse policy. Yup, I said it, that thing is a bureaucratic injustice stompin on players rights. The NFL will become the pure sport of hard-nosed unadulterated Bart Starr and Walter Payton once it becomes a complete Libertarian run organization.

#MakeTheNflLibertarian

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This would have been an unbelievably funny headline if it came out on April Fools Day.

Goodson was one of the main reasons Masthay had such a good net this year, as Captain mentioned. His contributions at CB were worthless.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

If "not getting suspended for PEDs" is too high of expectations for a late round pick, then I guess my expectations are too high.

I'm disappointed he got suspended for PED use as well. On the field you can't expect to get more than two years of excellent special teams performance out of a sixth-round pick though.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guess this is the beginning of the end of his run. IMO, far too much was expected and hyped up for him based on him picking off a few balls in practice...

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If "not getting suspended for PEDs" is too high of expectations for a late round pick, then I guess my expectations are too high.
My expectations for a 6th round pick on a superbowl contending team are exceeded when he makes the team. Thats why you take a big gamble on a raw, but very athletic player late in the draft. A safe pick would have never made the team.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My expectations for a 6th round pick on a superbowl contending team are exceeded when he makes the team. Thats why you take a big gamble on a raw, but very athletic player late in the draft. A safe pick would have never made the team.

I agree. I remember when he was drafted. He was an ex-basketball player with high upside. My expectation was for Goodson to be able to be a contributor (in any capacity) on the team. As far as I know, he was "safe" in the sense that he didn't have drug or PED concerns in college. His suspension makes him unavailable for a quarter of the season. I understand that he was never supposed to be a starting cornerback. His suspension is disappointing because he needs everything to go right for him to even be on the team.