Demarious Randall

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep in mind the following is highlight tape of Randall tackling. That's not a strong tackler.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I know that anyone that disagrees with Ted here is automatically wrong. That being said, he should fit right in with the corners we already have. Seems like we saw a run on CBs, knew we needed one, took a safety we thought we could convert and said "ya, this should work." Hey, but in TT we trust right...

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I like that we beefed up the secondary some more, but hey I'm an optimist.

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I finally found him. A 6th round safety project. Hope TT knows something here.

FL-PACKERfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT said that ASU told them he would have played CB at ASU but he was their best DB and safety is the most important position in their system so they played him there...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember when we were mad that Ted traded up in the draft to select a linebacker that could barely start his senior year?

I'll give it a year before I freak out. Teds earned it

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk
106 tackles. He lead their entire defense in tackles. Yeah, that is a "poor tackler"

....poor tacklers don't lead a defense in tackling.
Hawk lead the Packers in tackling several times but we all know that most of those tackles were after sizable gains. When teams have a poor d line and can't get off the field. Their LB's and DB's often have a lot of tackles. Truth is Packers could have gotten Randall with a lower draft pick.

FL-PACKERfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean he was #31 on Kipers big board, but they probably could have moved back and still picked him.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

106 tackles. He lead their entire defense in tackles. Yeah, that is a "poor tackler"

....poor tacklers don't lead a defense in tackling.
Did you look at those clips? You quoted the thread with the link, for gosh sakes. He arm tackles or goes for the ankles on every play. Do you believe the stats or what's in front of you?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't have to tackle guys that don't catch the ball. You also hope to have your line and lb's take care of the running backs. He looks better at tackling than Shields in those clips and I really don't have a problem with Shields. I had a problem with a bigger and more physical tramon shying away from contact or just flat out mis-judging his angles.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Thompson said a couple of times he's a football player (instincts, etc. and not just a combine guy) and he likes that he played baseball - center field. Thompson thinks that helps him understand angles and track the ball, etc. He's about the same size as Tramon only I believe a little faster.

My double secret inside source in Green Bay told me Thompson picked him just to screw with all the mock drafters and particularly the participants in Amish Mafia's draft contest. For some reason that really ****** off Ted.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

Thompson said a couple of times he's a football player (instincts, etc. and not just a combine guy) and he likes that he played baseball - center field. Thompson thinks that helps him understand angles and track the ball, etc. He's about the same size as Tramon only I believe a little faster.

My double secret inside source in Green Bay told me Thompson picked him just to screw with all the mock drafters and particularly the participants in Amish Mafia's draft contest. For some reason that really ****** off Ted.
The only thing I'm pissed off about is having 2 cornerbacks, assuming Randall makes the field, who are below average tacklers.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember when we were mad that Ted traded up in the draft to select a linebacker that could barely start his senior year?

I'll give it a year before I freak out. Teds earned it

Remember that time that Ted drafted anyone other than that linebacker.. Well, besides Daniels and maybe Raji.... I'd say we've done pretty well. Too early to tell on HaHa, but I'll give him that one.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People can debate if he is a good tackler but can we quit saying things like he wasnt expected to go this high and that he has to learn a new position. Two of the most popular draft guys had him in the first, most teams viewed him as a corner, and he played a lot of slot coverage

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there's anything about Randall that concerns me it's the report of him being a project at CB. The speed and athleticism is there, he was a CB, was switched to safety, and will transition back to CB but his coverage skills are said to need work.

That means our first-round draft pick probably won't be a starter from day 1. That contrasts with Clinton-Dix who was ready for that role.

I'm not going to knock Randall, because he seems to have a high ceiling, but with Malcolm Brown on the board... I dunno maybe TT thinks Guion and Raji are good enough, and that Raji is due for a bounce-back year.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Michael Huff was evaluated at both CB and S....he's probably the most recent high profile player who went back and forth from college. Huff went S in the end Randall will go CB.