TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Thompson just said he'll play CB.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I dont get it. I hope TT knows where he is going with this.

Told few of my friends the Packer pick as they kept asking me and they are puzzled too.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The general feeling I'm getting from fans online is "I don't know who is, therefore I don't like the pick."

I've never heard of him either, but I don't evaluate drafts so don't see that as a big deal.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did have 106 tackles this past year for ASU. He lead them in tackles.......

I don't see where "he can't tackle" comes from, LOL

Agreed but I still don't like the pick.

Having the Saints reach a bit for Anthony minutes later was an little extra kick in the nuts on top of it.

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow I have 4 draft books and I cant find this guy in anyone of them. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/damarious-randall?id=2552389

STRENGTHS Plus athlete with good speed. Scouts love his toughness and effort. Inspired effort as a tackler, racking up 177 tackles during two-year stint at Arizona State. Looks to punish. Explodes into targets and jolts his victims. Takes very good angles in space in run support. Instinctive blitzer who times snap and has a nose for the quarterback. Senses throws underneath and breaks on them early. Highly competitive on 50/50 throws and won't give an inch to receiver. Took two interceptions for scores. Good hands -- played some wide receiver in junior college and was also an explosive returner while there.

Bad tackler? I love it when fans "make up" things....lol

As I said, he had 106 tackles this past season and lead ASU's entire defense in tackles.

He was a 1st round prospect or an early 2nd rounder at worst. He'll be playing CB for us. We needed a CB and this guy can tackle.

I'm happy with it.

FL-PACKERfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shields, Hayward, Hyde, Clinton Dix, Burnett, Richardson, and Randall. Well its definitely a young secondary. I would have rather taken Anthony of Brown...

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well last year we took an ASU outside linebacker and belatedly switched him to ILBer. Now we are going to shift a Sun Devil safety to cornerback I guess.

Hope he is a little more effective in 2015 than Bradford was in 2014.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted didn't draft for either need or best player available, need got drafted at 31, best available went at 32! Mark, I want his head this time!

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

Keep in mind the following is highlight tape of Randall tackling. That's not a strong tackler.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no idea where this tackling issue came from either. I believe he was said to by undersized and not as physical as you would like for a safety and somehow that translated to poor tackler. He looked pretty physical in the highlights. This seems like a very calculated pick. The more I see the more I like.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant say I dont NOT like what I see, or read... a little short. I dont like built in handicaps when defending new age 6'3" WRs... I see a CB, why was he a safety? anyways. He looks like Capers went the other direction, from where I thought we should go... I like the pick though, despite losing Anthony and Brown in consecutive picks after #30... Brown at DE would've blown the O-line up with Raji and Daniels... Now the dang pats have the next Seymour.... ugh. sucks....

OK. I would also like to point out that this was one of my ideas that was ridiculed to no end on this board. I wanted Landon Collins to do the same thing. Along with Hyde, play as a physical nickel. Like co-nickels, since Capers refuses to use 3 D-linemen. That was before I thought the 230 pound Collins could even play ILB in the nickel, as well as some secondary work maybe... Who knows. All I do know is that i was called out for thinking that MAYBE a player could go from college to pro-s and be able to transition to a new position without a problem... I've never seen a safety turn into a CB, from college to pro's. No problem with this???

ANYWAYS... I'd like to call for a little more open mindedness. Because as we all know, with TT, anythings possible... Get ready for a double headed nickle.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

The general feeling I'm getting from fans online is "I don't know who is, therefore I don't like the pick."

I've never heard of him either, but I don't evaluate drafts so don't see that as a big deal.
They should have known who he was. He was generally ranked as the #1 free safety in the draft.

I will say this...I don't think his name was mentioned once in this forum until this thread.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted didn't draft for either need or best player available, need got drafted at 31, best available went at 32! Mark, I want his head this time!

We don't know what Teds board looked like. According to you he didn't take the BPA and he didn't draft for need. Maybe he was the BPA on Teds board and maybe Ted plans on switching him to CB. In that case he fills both categories.

Last edited:

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep in mind the following is highlight tape of Randall tackling. That's not a strong tackler.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

106 tackles. He lead their entire defense in tackles. Yeah, that is a "poor tackler"

....poor tacklers don't lead a defense in tackling.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big overreach. He had one year of experience at D1 football. Pick reminds me of the Khyrie Thornton pick from last year.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is this another eli "look at me, i was almost quasi right about something completely unrelated that didn't even happen" thread?

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mayock had him going 20. Randall himself said 20 teams were looking at him. 12 teams were looking at him as a cb. Came to ASU as a cb but they needed him to switch. Played a bunch of slot coverage.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm happy with the pick. I like it a lot more than us picking Jalen Collins there.

Staff online

Members online