DeGuara likely done for year

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would argue that if you're going to have Deguara included with the TE's, that he's probably the 2nd most important after Tonyan.

Yes, more than Lewis.

His role led to so much flexibility, so much deception.

If you think Sternberger is more important to the offense than Deguara, then flat out you aren't paying attention to the offense and what LaFleur wants to do.

He played like 30 snaps on offense all season so far...john lovett can play same role Deguara was slated for. See above not gonna stop this offense

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He played like 30 snaps on offense all season so far...john lovett can play same role Deguara was slated for. See above not gonna stop this offense

The dude had that many snaps in literally less than a game and half. He was honestly projecting to have more snaps a game than guys like Ervin and even Williams almost.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing about Deguara for me is...Can he come back from it? They say it was pretty bad.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing about Deguara for me is...Can he come back from it? They say it was pretty bad.
They seemed to come out pretty definitively and pretty early that he was done for the year. Usually it's a, "we're waiting for medical staff, update on wednesday" or something. This was just, he's done.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would argue that if you're going to have Deguara included with the TE's, that he's probably the 2nd most important after Tonyan.

Yes, more than Lewis.

His role led to so much flexibility, so much deception.

If you think Sternberger is more important to the offense than Deguara, then flat out you aren't paying attention to the offense and what LaFleur wants to do.
I’m not even arguing your point... because you do have one. I do wonder however, why do you keep addressing someone that you know will not see it?

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not even arguing your point... because you do have one. I do wonder however, why do you keep addressing someone that you know will not see it?

I honestly forget who I'm responding to. I don't look at the posters names very often.

Plus, there's still the hope that someday he wisens up and unblocks me!

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

John Lovett can play the same role Deguara does in the same way that MVS can play the same role that Davante Adams does.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blocking someone merely for disagreeing with someone is petty...just saying.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blocking someone merely for disagreeing with someone is petty...just saying.
Very true... but i’m curious to know why you have come to the conclusion that it has any relevance to the situation you are referencing.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very true... but i’m curious to know why you have come to the conclusion that it has any relevance to the situation you are referencing.

This is true...if it wasn't for merely disagreeing as I believe I've heard it categorized prior perhaps blocking was justified.

Sorry didn't mean to go off topic.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers offense worked fine without Deguara for the two games he missed in weeks 2 and 3. They should be able to not miss a beat moving forward as well.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The Packers offense worked fine without Deguara for the two games he missed in weeks 2 and 3. They should be able to not miss a beat moving forward as well.
The offense is showing they have been able to move the different pieces around and still be excellent in execution. That’s beautiful to see. Sign of really good coaching on all levels.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Irrelevant to the discussion.

The Packers offense worked fine without Davante Adams in 2019 and 2020. They should be able to not miss a beat moving forward as well.

Now, hopefully you all realize I'm not comparing Deguara to Adams, they're not equatable. But can we please stop acting like Deguara doesn't mean anything to this offense? He's a key piece.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The first quarter of this season has been a pretty good indicator that the most important thing for the Packers offense is having the right pieces to run the system as it's designed.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good thing Tonyan had his coming out Party last night! Time to get Sternberger going and give Deguara a red shirt season to be ready for 2021. Sad to see him injured, but I think it opens up a valuable roster spot, that was being taken by a 4th string rookie TE that was only on the roster because as a 3rd round pick, he wouldn't have made it to the PS.

Except the only bad news is we don't know how serious M Lewis's knee injury is. Maybe not out for the season but don't know if he'll be back in time for the Bucs game.

D

Deleted member 6794

But can we please stop acting like Deguara doesn't mean anything to this offense? He's a key piece.

Deguara has played a total of 31 career snaps. While there's no doubt he fits a need in MLF's offense you're exaggerating by considering him a key piece to it.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deguara has played a total of 31 career snaps. While there's no doubt he fits a need in MLF's offense you're exaggerating by considering him a key piece to it.
I agreed but he might have been and might be in the future if he can completely come back from what I guess is a very bad injury. I give LaFleur a lot of credit for giving young guys reps in games.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

I would say that it's the position that's a key piece, or at least can be a very valuable piece, within the offense. Deguara did not have time to establish himself as a great fulfiller of that role. So we don't know whether he himself is or is not super valuable to the offense. But we've seen elsewhere how effective someone can be if they're good at that position in this system.

Members online

Latest posts