Defense

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the defense will be the key to any big post-season run and that might be a great thing. Last year as the season rolled on it seemed like the defense was getting worse and really struggled vs. the pass, although statistically it looked good. Then it was completely exposed in Pitt and then in the playoff game. Now this year it is not as good statistically except in the most important category: points given up...and all three levels are playing at a high level with standouts and playmakers at each level. Raji played great again, Bishop was solid again, Matthews was spectacular and although Woodson and Williams gave up pass TDS both were rather flukey. My point if if the Defense continues to play at this level they are going to be a real tough out in the playoffs. Just get a different vibe from the defense this year as opposed to last year at the same time in the season.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This D has been there every single game.
If not the best in the league, it's top 3 or sure. Too many playmakers.

When Woodson starts to decline, we see an increase in Tramon Williams' play. With Jenkins sidelined, The Raji becomes an incredible force.

Too much talent coupled with great coaching leads to that.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couple guys should be back next week (zombo) so that should help. Its too bad we didnt win some of those gimme games cause we could really really use a bye week

Reaction score
I really like this Defense. If we can stop the run like we did today again, We can continue to play good pass defense. We set up the opposing team with 3rd and long and we allow them to throw deep to guys like Woodson, Willams, and Collins. This is why we had so many interceptions.