Defense Dominating Down The Stretch

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants were also 6 - 2, now 7 - 8. Point being, things change over the season. The Bears have slipped a lil bit. The Packers have improved, a lil bit.

The Packers have improved?

The Packers struggled vs the Lions and Vikings @ Lambeau. 2 teams with a combined record of 8-21.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thread was started talking about the Packers D and any fool can see that the Packers D has improved. If we make the Playoffs by some fat chance and the D continues to play like they are, and our offense can get back to scoring in the red zone we can contend.

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thread was started talking about the Packers D and any fool can see that the Packers D has improved. If we make the Playoffs by some fat chance and the D continues to play like they are, and our offense can get back to scoring in the red zone we can contend.

Packer D is dominating???

The Packer D has played well vs lowly 49ers, Lions and Vikings. 3 teams with a combined record of 14-31.

The Packer D vs Patriots, Seahawks and Jets = 107pts in 3 games. 3 teams with a combined record of 28-17.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer D is dominating???

The Packer D has played well vs lowly 49ers, Lions and Vikings. 3 teams with a combined record of 14-31.

The Packer D vs Patriots, Seahawks and Jets = 107pts in 3 games. 3 teams with a combined record of 28-17.

I wouldn't argue that we have a dominating defense, perhaps the thread title is overstated, but I see lots of evidence that our defense has improved. We started the season 1-4 with our secondary getting torched for touchdowns every game. Lately our D has stepped up, is protecting better against the pass and getting pressure on the QB.

Are you saying that they have regressed, or that they just suck?

:shrug:

I think a lot of questions will be answered - for better or worse - on Sunday night.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont see where I wrote dominating, but they have defenatly come together since the whoopin we got from the Pats and Jets.

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't argue that we have a dominating defense, perhaps the thread title is overstated, but I see lots of evidence that our defense has improved. We started the season 1-4 with our secondary getting torched for touchdowns every game. Lately our D has stepped up, is protecting better against the pass and getting pressure on the QB.

Are you saying that they have regressed, or that they just suck?

:shrug:

I think a lot of questions will be answered - for better or worse - on Sunday night.

At the present time the Packers in general are what they are, a team who can beat teams with losing records but cannot match up to teams with winning records.

The Packer D has basically followed suit. They play well vs losing teams and get slapped around by good teams.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was then. I think the D is more in sink and playing better as a unit nowa days, but we have to prove that on Sunday night football.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the present time the Packers in general are what they are, a team who can beat teams with losing records but cannot match up to teams with winning records.

The Packer D has basically followed suit. They play well vs losing teams and get slapped around by good teams.

That about sums it up. I do give the Packer D credit for being so dominant against the Lions and Vikings, but I just don't think it means much until they can play decently against a halfway decent offense.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone else get the feeling this Cliff may not be a Packer fan? I mean 16 posts and a lot of ******* going on.

I don't care who your playing when you give up 13 first downs in two games that's not something you see often. I doubt I have ever seen that in the 40+ years as a Packer fan. Only allowing that many first downs in ONE game is damn good.

For all thats said about the Bears "D" they haven't done it and they've had their fair share of lousy teams to get it done against.

No, we haven't played well against the upper level teams. We haven't done so for three years. This year, however, it's a little much to ask when you have three "0" linemen with a total of 0 full years in the NFL going up against talented guys who combined probably average at least 10+ years experience in the league.

We weren't able to win those battles this year but that's about to change. For what they have shown the upside is too great to think otherwise.

Members online

Latest posts